Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96336 Feb 24, 2014
Man stuff, don't worry your pretty little head.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you babbling about?

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#96337 Feb 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to her best friend. She said that Ang had great ideas, but follow through was not her strong suit, so unfortunately no.
We know she loved Queen and Heart, though :)
thanks for the update... i smile when i hear queen on satellite radio (and i just had a 6 hour round trip road trip). Knowing her favorite artists is one thing, but learning her favorite songs by them and some of her other favorites is... dunno... not better, but...

guess i'm a little sentimental today! That's what happens when i'm left alone for too many days! ;-j
Timmy

United States

#96338 Feb 24, 2014
Gets my vote for reply of the month.
RACE wrote:
Man stuff, don't worry your pretty little head.
<quoted text>

Des Plaines, IL

#96339 Feb 24, 2014

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96340 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the update... i smile when i hear queen on satellite radio (and i just had a 6 hour round trip road trip). Knowing her favorite artists is one thing, but learning her favorite songs by them and some of her other favorites is... dunno... not better, but...

guess i'm a little sentimental today! That's what happens when i'm left alone for too many days! ;-j
I hear you. My birthday is this week. I have always enjoyed celebrating it with my family, but am having a hard time getting enthusiastic about it this year.
I will find a way to celebrate that 1) honors our friendship and 2) acknowledges that I am alive (this being most important). Still, just weird this year.

Honey Bear - Ang LOVED her birthday. She died less than 2 weeks before her birthday, which was Feb. 5. She really wanted to make it until then.
I will find a way to
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96341 Feb 24, 2014
Timmy wrote:
Gets my vote for reply of the month.
<quoted text>
I liked it too. racist made me laugh several years ago but it was on the old regulars forum which PElican and Loosey totally deny the existence of and I don't wanna incur their wrath. Or is it wraith? It's a philosophical question, I guess: "If a thread is pulled- for any reason- did it then not ever exist?" Pretty heavy stuff.

Anybody remember the poster, Phil? Or are folks disavowing him now too?

Des Plaines, IL

#96342 Feb 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. My birthday is this week. I have always enjoyed celebrating it with my family, but am having a hard time getting enthusiastic about it this year.
I will find a way to celebrate that 1) honors our friendship and 2) acknowledges that I am alive (this being most important). Still, just weird this year.
Honey Bear - Ang LOVED her birthday. She died less than 2 weeks before her birthday, which was Feb. 5. She really wanted to make it until then.
I will find a way to
there's something in the air this year... mine was 2 weeks ago, and it was such a low key occasion this time around (and it's a milestone year). aside from a couple of nice dinners out, one could hardly tell there was a birthday going on...

I've been out of work for a few months now, which is really starting to get to me. that and our completely spastic winter out here. now that the sun is out more often, i'm doing a little better. that and a visit to my bro & SIL for the 5YO's b-day. The kid was really into his birthday, complete with "when will i start growing, now that i'm 5" and commenting that "this show is for babies" even though he liked it 2 days prior... <smiling>

then he pitched such a fit about something that it took back all his charm about getting older...

“reign in blood”

East Hartford, CT

#96343 Feb 24, 2014
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>I liked it too. racist made me laugh several years ago but it was on the old regulars forum which PElican and Loosey totally deny the existence of and I don't wanna incur their wrath. Or is it wraith? It's a philosophical question, I guess: "If a thread is pulled- for any reason- did it then not ever exist?" Pretty heavy stuff.
Anybody remember the poster, Phil? Or are folks disavowing him now too?
There was no "old regulars forum." This thread was created when topix split from the tribune.
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96344 Feb 24, 2014
My gawd....it's like Invasion Of The Body Snatchers here!!!!!!

Sleep with one eye open....if PEllen didn't already place a pod by your bed....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#96345 Feb 24, 2014
Sigh.

Does it really matter what old threads were around before 2009? I don't think so.

I know I post here when I have a moment, when I need a break or when I'm waiting for my computer to spit out the results of a search.

I'm not looking to follow any big scandals. Be amused by them? Sure, I'm human.

But as time has gone by I've learned not to take things too serious. Life is too short.

“Where is Tonka?”

#96346 Feb 24, 2014
Personally, it was like a million beers ago, so I really cant honestly answer.
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96347 Feb 24, 2014
Toj wrote:
Sigh.
Does it really matter what old threads were around before 2009? I don't think so.
I know I post here when I have a moment, when I need a break or when I'm waiting for my computer to spit out the results of a search.
I'm not looking to follow any big scandals. Be amused by them? Sure, I'm human.
But as time has gone by I've learned not to take things too serious. Life is too short.
Et tu, terri? It matters to the revisionists who steadfastly revise the history and who force posters to change their identities and disavow their history. It's like a cult....

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96348 Feb 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
Personally, it was like a million beers ago, so I really cant honestly answer.
I don't really remember or really care, but I think we usually would all just meet up on the most recent Ask Amy, every day.

Once topix lost its affiliation with the Tribune newspapers that was no longer possible. So, Andie created this thread where we would have a regular place to meet.

“Where is Tonka?”

#96349 Feb 24, 2014
Exactly, I matters to no one.
Historian wrote:
<quoted text> Et tu, terri? It matters to the revisionists who steadfastly revise the history and who force posters to change their identities and disavow their history. It's like a cult....

“Where is Tonka?”

#96350 Feb 24, 2014
BTW where is Mimi?
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96351 Feb 24, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really remember or really care, but I think we usually would all just meet up on the most recent Ask Amy, every day.
Once topix lost its affiliation with the Tribune newspapers that was no longer possible. So, Andie created this thread where we would have a regular place to meet.
You don't even remember what happened to you or your wife this past Saturday night and you want to speak to FIVE YEARS ago?????
Historian

Schaumburg, IL

#96352 Feb 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
Exactly, I matters to no one.
<quoted text>
Well said?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#96353 Feb 24, 2014
I vaugely remember this thread being gone for a while. We created another one and then magically this one appeared again and we abandoned the other.

What's the big deal about that?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96354 Feb 24, 2014
squishymama wrote:
I vaugely remember this thread being gone for a while. We created another one and then magically this one appeared again and we abandoned the other.
What's the big deal about that?
That did happen for a minute, but this thread didn't exist when Topix was linked to the Tribune. And maybe other sites, I doubt the Florida peeps posted on the Trib, but I could be wrong. We lost a lot of people after the split, the letters had like over a hundred posts per day. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

And there is no big deal, some people are just convinced the world is out to get them. It's a medical condition called paranoia. There's medication for that now. Maybe a certain someone should make an appointment with his doctor?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96355 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active...
I hope it's okay to ask, just to appease the void in my mind. It was luncg cancer? She did not smoke? Does she know how she got it and what prompted her to go get checked out? Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Reality Check 1,523,434
last post wins! (Apr '13) 30 min They cannot kill ... 2,467
last post wins! (Dec '10) 31 min They cannot kill ... 3,124
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min They cannot kill ... 10,594
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Dr Guru 240,393
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 3 hr John Bearden 7
Cruel or Funny Pranks 5 hr AzzHoles 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages