Topix Chitown Regulars

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#96320 Feb 24, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
She's new here. She probably doesn't get the reference, but its a good one nonetheless.
You might have missed this when you were on vacation but he came back to post condolences when Angela died.
(We had a Reg guy from the Madison area whose avatar was a bear. He dropped off the boards a few months ago)
Ya, I didn't know, I thought the reference was just to a circus bear.

Location hidden

#96321 Feb 24, 2014
Can I ask, who is Angela, and what happened?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96322 Feb 24, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
Can I ask, who is Angela, and what happened?
Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.

Location hidden

#96323 Feb 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.
Omg, that's awful. How sad.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96324 Feb 24, 2014
I was in the scouts for about a year. Did not fit in, too much emphasis on getting badges, I just wanted to go camping.

Later joined the Explorers club. Much better, had girls in it too, Was a much better fit, no badges, but lots more hands on learning.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96325 Feb 24, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> Omg, that's awful. How sad.
If you look back to roughly last October and before, she posted as Redheadwithglasses or AngelaMN
food for thought

Schaumburg, IL

#96326 Feb 24, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
She's new here. She probably doesn't get the reference, but its a good one nonetheless.
You might have missed this when you were on vacation but he came back to post condolences when Angela died.
(We had a Reg guy from the Madison area whose avatar was a bear. He dropped off the boards a few months ago)
I don't think Cycle knew as much about baseball or football as this lady obviously does. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

And you know, young lady, there was a group of regulars before you seized control here and started ruling with an iron fist. Even Sub's boss, Angelique was not a founding member even though it was 'her' who most likely pulled the original thread.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#96327 Feb 24, 2014
All the topix treads got dropped like a hot potato when the Chicago Tribune changed formats... The Regulars was no exception.
That is the day when Andie J. started this one as a replacement.

It had nothing to do with Angelique.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#96328 Feb 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
I was in the scouts for about a year. Did not fit in, too much emphasis on getting badges, I just wanted to go camping.
Later joined the Explorers club. Much better, had girls in it too, Was a much better fit, no badges, but lots more hands on learning.
What the hell are you babbling about?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#96329 Feb 24, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Long time regular poster who got cancer and passed in January just a few months after being diagnosed. The original prognosis was something like no more than 6 months. I think she got diagnosed in Sep or Oct.
she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active. there wasn't any reasonable treatment that would get her much more time... chemo might maybe have gotten her 2-3 more months, but she would have been miserable. she charged ahead with the attitude of having more life in her days than days in her life. she was candid with her journey.

for someone i've never met in person, her experience has touched me (and many others) greatly. She is an inspiration in how to live one's last days.

BTW, has anyone heard if she did put together the playlist that she talked about? I'd love to compile it for myself...
food for thought

Schaumburg, IL

#96330 Feb 24, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
All the topix treads got dropped like a hot potato when the Chicago Tribune changed formats... The Regulars was no exception.
That is the day when Andie J. started this one as a replacement.
It had nothing to do with Angelique.
Really? That Obama thread that you post on here on the Chicago Forum just passed ONE MILLION posts and has been active since '08. How was it that it made the cut?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#96331 Feb 24, 2014
That's my story and I am sticking to it.
I was posting on another thread linked to the Chicago Tribune that got pulled the very same day.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#96332 Feb 24, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Well, it's a good thing that Amy is rehash 'cause the link ain't working and I have no time to do anything about posting a replacement.

Location hidden

#96333 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active. there wasn't any reasonable treatment that would get her much more time... chemo might maybe have gotten her 2-3 more months, but she would have been miserable. she charged ahead with the attitude of having more life in her days than days in her life. she was candid with her journey.
for someone i've never met in person, her experience has touched me (and many others) greatly. She is an inspiration in how to live one's last days.
BTW, has anyone heard if she did put together the playlist that she talked about? I'd love to compile it for myself...
I found out about 10 years ago that I had cancer, and there was a chance it was in my lymph nodes. I was lucky, when they did the surgery, my lymph nodes were clear, and I am basically cancer free today. Although I always have the chance of getting a different form. It really changes you, looking at the possibility of your life being over at a young age. I know it changed me. Sorry I didn't get to chat with her. It seems she is deeply missed.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96334 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>she was diagnosed late stage, didn't have any major behavioral risk factors and was rather active. there wasn't any reasonable treatment that would get her much more time... chemo might maybe have gotten her 2-3 more months, but she would have been miserable. she charged ahead with the attitude of having more life in her days than days in her life. she was candid with her journey.

I just talked to her best friend. She said that Ang had great ideas, but follow through was not her strong suit, so unfortunately no.

We know she loved Queen and Heart, though :)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#96335 Feb 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be surprised if her best friend puts it together. If I hear of one being done, I'll let you know and please do the same if you hear of one put together.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96336 Feb 24, 2014
Man stuff, don't worry your pretty little head.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you babbling about?

Des Plaines, IL

#96337 Feb 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to her best friend. She said that Ang had great ideas, but follow through was not her strong suit, so unfortunately no.
We know she loved Queen and Heart, though :)
thanks for the update... i smile when i hear queen on satellite radio (and i just had a 6 hour round trip road trip). Knowing her favorite artists is one thing, but learning her favorite songs by them and some of her other favorites is... dunno... not better, but...

guess i'm a little sentimental today! That's what happens when i'm left alone for too many days! ;-j
Timmy

United States

#96338 Feb 24, 2014
Gets my vote for reply of the month.
RACE wrote:
Man stuff, don't worry your pretty little head.
<quoted text>

Des Plaines, IL

#96339 Feb 24, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,264,047
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min OzRitz 54,336
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 1 hr The Cloud 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr jh4freedom 194,647
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 5 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 5 hr Magonigol 1
The Messenger 7 hr DKTM 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages