“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#96246 Feb 23, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
Gee, who has the majority in the House?
Gee, who has the majority in the Senate? Who's sitting in the White House?

I swear if it wasn't for those dam Republicans....

I already had this discussion with blue, have you got nothing else? Rather than blame the failures on where they belong, let's just blame those republicans some more.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96247 Feb 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
. As you can see, some people have a hard time forgetting that there was once an agreement not to talk about politics on this thread.
Yeah, and I apologize for that. But there's really been nothing else to talk about lately. And I hate the olympics. Aren't they over yet? And forget curling, why is synchronized swimming a sport? If one of them drowns, do they ALL have to drown?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96248 Feb 23, 2014
Eh, and just because I'm up and doing laundry and having a beer, here's something for about the five of us to talk about

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T317P4E9CJ...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/THEVOO6EJI...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96249 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think so, its interesting anyway. Curling that is. What confuses me though is the biathlon, who thought up the combination of cross country skiing and target shooting? I know many people who cross country ski, as have I and I've never done so while "packing heat".. Thoughts??
That one is not as much of a stretch for me. What if you are skiing in the Arctic and encounter a polar bear?

A good Boy Scout knows you should always be prepared.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#96250 Feb 23, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and I apologize for that. But there's really been nothing else to talk about lately. And I hate the olympics. Aren't they over yet? And forget curling, why is synchronized swimming a sport? If one of them drowns, do they ALL have to drown?
The closing ceremonies are tonight. My boys will be very sad because they have been tracking the medal count online.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#96251 Feb 23, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a burger at McDonald's, you'd be the McGorgeous
I hope you don't use that lame-ass line IRL.

Evanston IL

#96252 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning everyone. I have never posted here, but have been reading your posts for quite awhile. I live in Northern Wisconsin, but lived in Chicago as a kid. Bears fan for life. Anyway, I do alot of traveling for work, and anytime I go down south, I find it very nice when people address me as Miss Rachel, or Ma'am. I think it's a sign of respect, and there is something to be said for people showing respect for others. Just my opinion, of course. I raised my son to speak that way to people, regardless of age. Nice to meet you all, and I hope its ok I join your thread.
Welcome!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#96253 Feb 23, 2014
Were any of you Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts? Tonight is the Blue and Gold Award dinner and Ry is going to get his first ever badge (he is actually getting several badges because he started late and worked really hard to catch up to his friends).

This is probably a bigger deal for me than for him. My Grandfather, Father and Brothers were Boy Scouts. I am going to bring my Grandfather's scouting book and my Father's Wolf book (by then, they issued separate books for each level) so I can take a picture of Ry holding them.

Must remember that this is about him today, but I am so proud of him!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96254 Feb 23, 2014
...Cub Scout....lol.....

Evanston IL

#96255 Feb 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
The closing ceremonies are tonight. My boys will be very sad because they have been tracking the medal count online.
We're going to be sad too tho they don't seem to care about the count. Thanking goodness for on-demand; we'll probably be watching stuff until they take it down.

Nunu cried, sobbed and then cried some more when Shani Davis failed to medal in his final competition. He's our hometown boy and his face is all over our rink.

She's decided to try out speed skating btw.

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#96256 Feb 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That one is not as much of a stretch for me. What if you are skiing in the Arctic and encounter a polar bear?
A good Boy Scout knows you should always be prepared.
Lol. I supposed you have a point.

Location hidden

#96257 Feb 23, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome!
Hello, good morning and thank you.

Location hidden

#96258 Feb 23, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Were any of you Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts? Tonight is the Blue and Gold Award dinner and Ry is going to get his first ever badge (he is actually getting several badges because he started late and worked really hard to catch up to his friends).
This is probably a bigger deal for me than for him. My Grandfather, Father and Brothers were Boy Scouts. I am going to bring my Grandfather's scouting book and my Father's Wolf book (by then, they issued separate books for each level) so I can take a picture of Ry holding them.
Must remember that this is about him today, but I am so proud of him!
That's awesome!! I was never in girl scouts, but the church I went to had something similar, called Pathfinders. We worked on bagdes too. It was alot of fun. Campouts and stuff. When my son was that age, they really didn't have much of a group up where I live so he missed out on all that.

Location hidden

#96259 Feb 23, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to be sad too tho they don't seem to care about the count. Thanking goodness for on-demand; we'll probably be watching stuff until they take it down.
Nunu cried, sobbed and then cried some more when Shani Davis failed to medal in his final competition. He's our hometown boy and his face is all over our rink.
She's decided to try out speed skating btw.
Let me ask you, do you think the suits had anything to do with their skating?

Evanston IL

#96260 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ask you, do you think the suits had anything to do with their skating?
Nope and Shani said as much.

Location hidden

#96261 Feb 23, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope and Shani said as much.
I was quite surprised the US team didn't do better. Shani is a great skater. I do miss Apollo though. He really was a joy to watch, and a cutie pie too.

Location hidden

#96262 Feb 23, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I apologize for that. But there's really been nothing else to talk about lately. And I hate the olympics. Aren't they over yet? And forget curling, why is synchronized swimming a sport? If one of them drowns, do they ALL have to drown?
"If one drowns do they all have to drown?".. THATS FUNNY!! Thanks for giving me my morning giggle. I do like the winter games much more than the summer.

Location hidden

#96264 Feb 23, 2014
double intender wrote:
<quoted text>I got kicked out of Cub Scouts for eating a Brownie in my tent.
Lol.. Naughty.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96265 Feb 23, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol.. Ok, let me know where to send my check. Will I be given a bunch of duties while on probation?? Nice to meet you
I would tell you, but I fear you'll tell me that the checks in the mail.

Yes ... lots of duties ... <stern look>

:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96266 Feb 23, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>No one's perfect...NEWSFLASH : Fidelity Investments announced on Tuesday, that American worker's 401Ks have more than doubled, since 2009.....
That's great. Mine was up over 30% last year. However, I do not think Obama is responsible for the stock market gains. I honestly think the stock market woulda done about the same regardless of who was President. I also don't think folks who are much more knowledgeable about such things than you or I attribute such gains to Obama.

Our economy is not doing well. It could be worse, however. I don't blame Obama for this. Again, I don't think it would be that much different regardless of who was in the office.

It will take awhile to recover from the recession. It was quite disruptive. I, myself, lost a lot of money because of it. I did learn a thing or two from it, but it was a very expensive lesson. <ouch>. I am not alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min OzRitz 52,844
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min OzRitz 1,219,664
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 187,276
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 4 hr Professor Fate 8
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr _Zoey_ 5,199
abby 4-24 7 hr Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 69,671
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]