Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96225 Feb 22, 2014
Hi Honey Bear! I'm RACE and its my self appointed job to ask....
Are you Hot?
(hint, you're supposed to say very!)
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning everyone. I have never posted here, but have been reading your posts for quite awhile. I live in Northern Wisconsin, but lived in Chicago as a kid. Bears fan for life. Anyway, I do alot of traveling for work, and anytime I go down south, I find it very nice when people address me as Miss Rachel, or Ma'am. I think it's a sign of respect, and there is something to be said for people showing respect for others. Just my opinion, of course. I raised my son to speak that way to people, regardless of age. Nice to meet you all, and I hope its ok I join your thread.
controversial ferrerman

Schaumburg, IL

#96226 Feb 22, 2014
Here's an interesting dilemma. Does the government have a right to regulate hatred and bigotry or should it remain solely privatized?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...

“Rope Swingin'”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96227 Feb 22, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>I hope its ok I join your thread.
Well ... we need to have a formal vote first. If you get past that, there is a one year probational period (naughty behavior is encouraged, however). Dues are also $1,000 a month, payable to the Treasurer, who just happens to be me.

Nice to meet you and welcome.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96228 Feb 22, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something to be said about calling a spade a spade. In the 5 years Obama has been in office, when 100% of the folk son here who voted for Obama have never acknowledged that Obama may, possibly, just maybe made one singe mistake in 5 years (I know it's a stretch, because he is perfect and all and almost god like), it makes them nonobjective, moron, sheep.
I would say the same thing about folks who voted republican if they couldn't stomach the thought of acknowledging that their favorite candidate has made some mistakes.
I have no respect for the intelligence of anyone who judges a politicians behavior 100% based on what party he/she is affiliated with, which is sadly what a lot of folks do, including on here.
No one's perfect...NEWSFLASH : Fidelity Investments announced on Tuesday, that American worker's 401Ks have more than doubled, since 2009.....

Location hidden

#96229 Feb 22, 2014
controversial ferrerman wrote:
Here's an interesting dilemma. Does the government have a right to regulate hatred and bigotry or should it remain solely privatized?
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
It should just be limited to Fox and their minions....
controversial Ferrerman

Schaumburg, IL

#96230 Feb 22, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It should just be limited to Fox and their minions....
Andy Borowitz is hilarious but the Arizona law and similar attempts in other states (like Kansas) does illustrate how disingenuous the right is about their intent to make government "small". They are pathetic but, people fall for stuff like this when it's packaged as "freedom of religion."
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96231 Feb 22, 2014
teachable moment wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be a gym teacher, right? Even in Florida your grammar and syntax would be upon frowned. "Orwellian"? I find your posts to be Oh-wellian.
I think you've made a similar statement to me before and I ignored it.
You crack me up. You used syntax before (probably to sound smart) and I don't think you know what it is, since mine is fine. I can write sentences, thank you.

Gym teacher....lol...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96232 Feb 22, 2014
teachable moment wrote:
<quoted text>Even in Florida your grammar and syntax would be upon frowned.
My doctoral committee at my Research I university would beg to differ....

P.S. The rule on not ending in a preposition has loosened greatly in the 21st century, dear.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#96233 Feb 22, 2014
teachable moment wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be a gym teacher, right? Even in Florida your grammar and syntax would be upon frowned. "Orwellian"? I find your posts to be Oh-wellian.
Feel better?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96234 Feb 22, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It should just be limited to Fox and their minions....
Fox news faux news fox news! Bush! The republicans!!

This got old years ago. Your senility is showing

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96235 Feb 22, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
My doctoral committee at my Research I university would beg to differ....
P.S. The rule on not ending in a preposition has loosened greatly in the 21st century, dear.
If you were a burger at McDonald's, you'd be the McGorgeous
teachable moment

Schaumburg, IL

#96236 Feb 22, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've made a similar statement to me before and I ignored it.
You crack me up. You used syntax before (probably to sound smart) and I don't think you know what it is, since mine is fine. I can write sentences, thank you.
Gym teacher....lol...
No, that was Sublime. He, BTW, is a very well spoken landscaper and you would do well to emulate his exhaustive writing style.

I do know that, for some time to come now, you will be on your best posting behavior- thanks to me. I'm glad I could be of help!

Location hidden

#96237 Feb 22, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox news faux news fox news! Bush! The republicans!!
This got old years ago. Your senility is showing
But, no new wars and my investments are soaring.....

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#96238 Feb 22, 2014
China made US flag sales surged after 9/11 and continue to this day.
The Pentagon was ordered to buy only US made flags from now on, but Congress would not pass a bill to order all government agencies to also buy US. Don"t want to upset China. Gee, who has the majority in the House?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#96239 Feb 22, 2014
and don't get your panties in a twist edog, that was from an article on faux news, with the exception of my editorial part re majority.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96240 Feb 22, 2014
HoneyBear1 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning everyone. I have never posted here, but have been reading your posts for quite awhile. I live in Northern Wisconsin, but lived in Chicago as a kid. Bears fan for life. Anyway, I do alot of traveling for work, and anytime I go down south, I find it very nice when people address me as Miss Rachel, or Ma'am. I think it's a sign of respect, and there is something to be said for people showing respect for others. Just my opinion, of course. I raised my son to speak that way to people, regardless of age. Nice to meet you all, and I hope its ok I join your thread.
Hello! All are welcome :) Some people here forget their manners, though honestly it's not as bad as other places you'll encounter around the internet.

Feel free to bring up topics or jump into the conversation. As you can see, some people have a hard time forgetting that there was once an agreement not to talk about politics on this thread.

What are your thoughts on curling? Should it be an Olympic sport?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96241 Feb 22, 2014
Thread Historian wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't work that way. The original "regs thread", for example, was pulled because someone thought it would create a little drama and shake things up. It did. Big deal.
This was the one created when the Trib changed its format. There were other threads already floating around on Topix, but this was the first inclusive Regs thread.

“Your life is what you make it.”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#96242 Feb 22, 2014
Still The Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>It's OK by me! I've been here since 2008 despite many attempts on my posting life by others who practice revisionist history. There are a few people here who seem quite nice.Welcome!
Thank you, nice to meet you.

Location hidden

#96243 Feb 22, 2014
RACE wrote:
Hi Honey Bear! I'm RACE and its my self appointed job to ask....
Are you Hot?
(hint, you're supposed to say very!)
<quoted text>
Nice to meet you Race. And yes... VERY.

Location hidden

#96244 Feb 22, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... we need to have a formal vote first. If you get past that, there is a one year probational period (naughty behavior is encouraged, however). Dues are also $1,000 a month, payable to the Treasurer, who just happens to be me.
Nice to meet you and welcome.
Lol.. Ok, let me know where to send my check. Will I be given a bunch of duties while on probation?? Nice to meet you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,419,626
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Not Documented 61,059
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Dr Phil 222,647
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,427
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,958
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 6 hr Master L-Bates 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages