“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#96100 Feb 15, 2014
3rd row for Alan Parsons tomorrow night.
A noted pundit

Schaumburg, IL

#96101 Feb 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be married 14 years later this year. I doubt I'll be that boring in 16 years. I donít think Bambi would ever let me get that boring.
Why donít you take the initiative to spice things up? When you get home, go into the bedroom, get nekkid, put some whipped cream on, and call him inÖ
Wow. Now Sub is turning on PEllen.

Who didn't see that coming?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96102 Feb 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be married 14 years later this year. I doubt I'll be that boring in 16 years. I donít think Bambi would ever let me get that boring.
Why donít you take the initiative to spice things up? When you get home, go into the bedroom, get nekkid, put some whipped cream on, and call him inÖ
And play Herb Alpert on the... phonograph, like this?

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/wc.jpg

(The album came out in 1965, so we Boomers have been there, done that, but anyway...)

FWIW, a woman I worked with tried this to greet her guy for Valentines Day in roughly 1982( was that the year of Miracle on Ice? About that time). Body temperature melts whipped cream so it doesn't stay on. DeeDee said she had to time it closely, soak in a cold bath to get her skin temp down and it was more fun in thought than execution. She also , um, embellished with chocolate shavings and a couple maraschino cherries.

But thanks for the thought

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96103 Feb 15, 2014
RACE wrote:
Neat. Alone or with someone?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96104 Feb 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
USA vs. Russia in Hockey starts in 5 minutes.....Should be sweet....
Sweet indeed.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96105 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
And play Herb Alpert on the... phonograph, like this?
http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/wc.jpg
(The album came out in 1965, so we Boomers have been there, done that, but anyway...)
They had a signed trumpet from Herb Alpert on Pawn Stars not too long ago, if I remember correctly.

Whipped cream never looked so good.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
FWIW, a woman I worked with tried this to greet her guy for Valentines Day in roughly 1982( was that the year of Miracle on Ice? About that time). Body temperature melts whipped cream so it doesn't stay on. DeeDee said she had to time it closely, soak in a cold bath to get her skin temp down and it was more fun in thought than execution. She also , um, embellished with chocolate shavings and a couple maraschino cherries.
But thanks for the thought
Okay, how about cheese, then. Everyone likes cheese!:p

He might not be prince charming, P, but it could be worse. Instead of quietly listening to music, he could be the type of old man who follows around men nearly half his age on internet chat sites that have repeatedly tried to ban him. They call that livin' the retirement dream.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96106 Feb 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a signed trumpet from Herb Alpert on Pawn Stars not too long ago, if I remember correctly.
Whipped cream never looked so good.
<quoted text>
Okay, how about cheese, then. Everyone likes cheese!:p
He might not be prince charming, P, but it could be worse. Instead of quietly listening to music, he could be the type of old man who follows around men nearly half his age on internet chat sites that have repeatedly tried to ban him. They call that livin' the retirement dream.
Anyone who dates thinking they are going to get Prince Charming is in for a bad time.

In another context someone asked what age had taught people. My response was, to marry for like. It has worked for me.

(I don't check on what he does on line. I am not sure I want to know. I just trust what I know of his character and let the details take care of themselves)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96107 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Chicago has a cure for the late winter doldrums.

The museums had a lot of free days in January and February.

There was Restuarant Week. Fancy and normal restaurants had 3 course lunch for $22.00, and 3 or 4 course dinners for $33.00 or $44.00. Excellent value, excellent food far outside my usual price range. Mmmmm. I partook.

Now its Theater Week. The live theater in town and in the burbs has tickets for either $15.00 or $30.00. Last night was Into the Woods (Stephen Sondheim muscal). Tonight was Hedda Gabler. Tomorrow is Duke Ellington's opera called Queenie Pie with pre-performace lecture explaning presumably how Duke Ellington came to write an opera.. Sunday is Day in the Death of Joe Egg.. Mmmmm. I am partaking.

I just wave blithely at my husband and tell him I am off to the theater. He nods, waves goodbye and puts his earbuds back in. Out 30th anniversary is Tuesday in case any of you are interested in what future might be in store for you. We will go out to dinner. We will come home. More likely than not he will put his earbuds back in. See middle aged woman's lament above.
Happy Anniversary!

Are you upset that you don't do more together? Have you always been like this as a couple?

My husband and I love sports, but I have many other interests that he couldn't care less about. BUT, he would never hold me back from going out and experiencing those things with my friends or by myself. I know that at the end of a night of political debates or ballet at the State Theatre, I will end up at home with my husband, where he feels most comfortable and he is happy to have me back there knowing that I am not feeling resentful.

Our tenth anniversary is in a couple of months. I wish you and your husband the best, and many more happy years together!

Location hidden

#96108 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who dates thinking they are going to get Prince Charming is in for a bad time.
In another context someone asked what age had taught people. My response was, to marry for like. It has worked for me.
I think there is some truth to what you say. If you are hard to please and expect too much, you will have a difficult time finding anyone who will make you happy.

I donít think I would be happy with a lump tho. I want some passion.

We had to postpone our plans last night because of the weather. So we are going out tonight. She just texted me and asked me if I am ready to be her date Ö I said yup, you ready to get liquored up front, lmao.
this just in

Schaumburg, IL

#96109 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
(I don't check on what he does on line. I am not sure I want to know. I just trust what I know of his character and let the details take care of themselves)
You show Sub this:

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/02/some-70-...

There's a lot to be said for love between (only) two people at a time! Viva monogamy! Good for you and the mister!
Dr Aline Zoldbrod

Greensboro, NC

#96110 Feb 15, 2014
I'm thinking he went with the monogamy article because the internet is wholly lacking any article that espouses the virtues of being a shriveled old man who has no one to love and who follows much younger men around on an internet chat site that has repeatedly tired to ban him.

Location hidden

#96111 Feb 15, 2014
Okay. I better stop before I get banned too.

<back on ignore>
ScarletandOlive

Iselin, NJ

#96112 Feb 15, 2014
RACE wrote:
I didn't realize he was still playing, but that sounds awesome!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96113 Feb 15, 2014
this just in wrote:
<quoted text>You show Sub this:
http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/02/some-70-...
There's a lot to be said for love between (only) two people at a time! Viva monogamy! Good for you and the mister!
I don't have gray hair, no wrinkles, no Depends, don't call people poor dear either out loud or to myself unless I am being patronizingly sarcastic... what other assumptions are in play?

But thank you for the NPR link. I do like substance.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96114 Feb 15, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Anniversary!
Are you upset that you don't do more together? Have you always been like this as a couple?
My husband and I love sports, but I have many other interests that he couldn't care less about. BUT, he would never hold me back from going out and experiencing those things with my friends or by myself. I know that at the end of a night of political debates or ballet at the State Theatre, I will end up at home with my husband, where he feels most comfortable and he is happy to have me back there knowing that I am not feeling resentful.
Our tenth anniversary is in a couple of months. I wish you and your husband the best, and many more happy years together!
Sometimes. sure, like your guy, he wouldn't object to my going out .

At some point our tastes in entertainment diverged. No one stays static. But I'll have BBQ with him and he will come with me to a white tablecloth place. He might do symphony but won't do opera. I don't like C&W- hence earbuds.

I have always been independent; he always had a streak of "grumpy old man". His other features balance those out;presumably mine do as well. Like I said, marry for like. It lasts longer..

Date nights were more important when the girls were younger just for respite as well as reconnecting

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#96115 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes. sure, like your guy, he wouldn't object to my going out .

At some point our tastes in entertainment diverged. No one stays static. But I'll have BBQ with him and he will come with me to a white tablecloth place. He might do symphony but won't do opera. I don't like C&W- hence earbuds.

I have always been independent; he always had a streak of "grumpy old man". His other features balance those out;presumably mine do as well. Like I said, marry for like. It lasts longer..

Date nights were more important when the girls were younger just for respite as well as reconnecting
Together 18 years last month.

I married him for like, respect, love, common values, plus he was a good kisser. ;)

He married me because he didn't want to get to take the time to get to know someone new (inertia). Plus, he loves me.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#96116 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Have we all survived V-Day?
Eh, eh, poke , nudge, Dog?
I love being kicked out of bed by someone who hates to cuddle.
"Okay, I'm done, get out."
I find that strangely erotic.

But congrats to you and Jess on your respective anniversaries!

If I was married, I'd likely be divorced by now!

Location hidden

#96117 Feb 15, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I love being kicked out of bed by someone who hates to cuddle.
"Okay, I'm done, get out."
I find that strangely erotic.
You let women throw shyte at you and boss you around in the bedroom? smdh

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96118 Feb 16, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
You let women throw shyte at you and boss you around in the bedroom? smdh
Jealous much??

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#96119 Feb 16, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,109,716
Amy 9-17-14 5 min Toj 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Jay 46,637
Dear Abby 9-17-14 7 min Sublime1 15
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 69,372
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Rage Poster 49,812
Amy 9-16 13 min Toj 50
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min LRS 178,025
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE