Topix Chitown Regulars
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#96083 Feb 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Yes, we need to take the power away from greedy corporations and give it to the government. For only they have our best interests at heart and work like a well-oiled machine.
Aw, a Valentine's joke...so sweet.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#96084 Feb 14, 2014
YO! Dude, settle down. Loosen up that tinfoil hat your wearing...
Obamma is in charge, he's gonna make everything all good. Look obammacare is a huge success, everyone now has health coverage, he cured cancer, and the economy has NEVER been better.
It's all good bro, just believe...
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I agree, in that the multi-nationals and corporations today, are capable of much destruction, and i would be thrilled to know, just who in Washington...they have at bat, concerning this purchase. This is much more dangerous than the greedy monopoly that ATT had....This is an invitation to attack their competitor with every dirty trick they can manage, and while we stood by....I trust neither NBC or Fox.....everyone on here should be able to easily see the future danger of this much rein over the cable/internet/phone supply, with the ability to destroy any other sources.....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#96085 Feb 14, 2014
A noted observer wrote:
Volkswagen and the workers want the Union and Sen. Bob Corker and Tn. republicans are flat out saying that if the plant goes Union, they will vote against future expansion, forcing the plant to move to Mexico. They are saying: Lower-paying jobs or NO JOBS AT ALL! With monopolies of business, we get what they let us have.
A governmental Bill called the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA, signed by Clinton, moved more jobs out of this country than any private company could do on their own. Companies want to prevent unions because their demands are unattainable.(Think GM, it took a government bailout to keep them operating. Think Illinois, with their 9 trillion dollar unfunded pension crisis) Yet you want to blame private companies for the ability to make a profit by cutting labor costs because of the very options afforded them by your Democratic big government. Redirect your anger, son.

End the free trade, enact tariffs on foreign-made goods, give tax breaks to companies that manufacture here, and we'll start seeing jobs come back. I'm not even an economist and I've figured this out. Who's running this country???

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96086 Feb 14, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
Aw, a Valentine's joke...so sweet.
Every other woman in the country is jealous because you are the most sexy and beautiful Valentine that ever was, is, and shall be!

Happy Valentine's Day, gorgeous!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#96087 Feb 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>End the free trade, enact tariffs on foreign-made goods, give tax breaks to companies that manufacture here, and we'll start seeing jobs come back. I'm not even an economist and I've figured this out. Who's running this country???
^^^ This.
A noted observer

Medinah, IL

#96088 Feb 14, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton......yada yada NAFTA.......you guys started it.......a guy EARNS a $9 million bonus......Obamacare!!!....... BENGHAZI!!!!!!....yada yada.......take the country back.....yada yada......why isn't there a WHITE history month?......cankles.....yada yada.....Putin/Palin '16!!!!!
Sheesh.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#96089 Feb 14, 2014
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh.
Well, if nothing else, that proves your own isolate desperation. Hey, I don't have a Valentine either. Thankfully, I'm fine with that. And so is the girl I'll later be with who also hates love,(former gf who's tired of the drama) but loves sex! Might behoove you to find one, one that doesn't cost money, that is. Though not likely in your case) Good luck!

“Where is Tonka?”

#96091 Feb 14, 2014
Watch out! He has a blog and he aint afraid to use it!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if nothing else, that proves your own isolate desperation. Hey, I don't have a Valentine either. Thankfully, I'm fine with that. And so is the girl I'll later be with who also hates love,(former gf who's tired of the drama) but loves sex! Might behoove you to find one, one that doesn't cost money, that is. Though not likely in your case) Good luck!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#96092 Feb 14, 2014
RACE wrote:
Watch out! He has a blog and he aint afraid to use it!
<quoted text>
Oh God. The middle aged woman's late Valentine Day lament. Sizing up some guy and finding out that all you are going to get is hit with a limp blog.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96093 Feb 14, 2014
Chicago has a cure for the late winter doldrums.

The museums had a lot of free days in January and February.

There was Restuarant Week. Fancy and normal restaurants had 3 course lunch for $22.00, and 3 or 4 course dinners for $33.00 or $44.00. Excellent value, excellent food far outside my usual price range. Mmmmm. I partook.

Now its Theater Week. The live theater in town and in the burbs has tickets for either $15.00 or $30.00. Last night was Into the Woods (Stephen Sondheim muscal). Tonight was Hedda Gabler. Tomorrow is Duke Ellington's opera called Queenie Pie with pre-performace lecture explaning presumably how Duke Ellington came to write an opera.. Sunday is Day in the Death of Joe Egg.. Mmmmm. I am partaking.

I just wave blithely at my husband and tell him I am off to the theater. He nods, waves goodbye and puts his earbuds back in. Out 30th anniversary is Tuesday in case any of you are interested in what future might be in store for you. We will go out to dinner. We will come home. More likely than not he will put his earbuds back in. See middle aged woman's lament above.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96094 Feb 14, 2014
Oh, btw, Aisle Sitter- Happy BD. The view from the other side of the hill ain't so bad is it?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#96095 Feb 15, 2014
USA vs. Russia in Hockey starts in 5 minutes.....Should be sweet....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96096 Feb 15, 2014
The 15th , or Beware the Ides of February..~~~...

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TIVUQGCVD3...

Ask Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T47OQB3ES2...

Dear Abby

Have we all survived V-Day?
Eh, eh, poke , nudge, Dog?

Location hidden

#96098 Feb 15, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Out 30th anniversary is Tuesday in case any of you are interested in what future might be in store for you. We will go out to dinner. We will come home. More likely than not he will put his earbuds back in. See middle aged woman's lament above.
We will be married 14 years later this year. I doubt I'll be that boring in 16 years. I donít think Bambi would ever let me get that boring.

Why donít you take the initiative to spice things up? When you get home, go into the bedroom, get nekkid, put some whipped cream on, and call him inÖ

Location hidden

#96099 Feb 15, 2014

“Where is Tonka?”

#96100 Feb 15, 2014
3rd row for Alan Parsons tomorrow night.
A noted pundit

Medinah, IL

#96101 Feb 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be married 14 years later this year. I doubt I'll be that boring in 16 years. I donít think Bambi would ever let me get that boring.
Why donít you take the initiative to spice things up? When you get home, go into the bedroom, get nekkid, put some whipped cream on, and call him inÖ
Wow. Now Sub is turning on PEllen.

Who didn't see that coming?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96102 Feb 15, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And play Herb Alpert on the... phonograph, like this?

http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/wc.jpg

(The album came out in 1965, so we Boomers have been there, done that, but anyway...)

FWIW, a woman I worked with tried this to greet her guy for Valentines Day in roughly 1982( was that the year of Miracle on Ice? About that time). Body temperature melts whipped cream so it doesn't stay on. DeeDee said she had to time it closely, soak in a cold bath to get her skin temp down and it was more fun in thought than execution. She also , um, embellished with chocolate shavings and a couple maraschino cherries.

But thanks for the thought

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96103 Feb 15, 2014
RACE wrote:
3rd row for Alan Parsons tomorrow night.
Neat. Alone or with someone?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#96104 Feb 15, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
USA vs. Russia in Hockey starts in 5 minutes.....Should be sweet....
Sweet indeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,509,846
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Orange County Coast 239,608
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,504
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr Troy the true Plu... 41
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Dudley 8,077
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Mothra 63,581
White country boys know how to shoot! 9 hr Ashole Bahboon 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages