Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95959 Feb 7, 2014
sounds like a bunch of new age mumbo-jumbo!
Just crack their hands with a ruler and you dont need to worry about their cognitive theory or classroom management. You will have their undivided attention.
:)
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! TOO much!
On student disruptive behaviors, classroom management, cooperative learning groups, self-determination theory, stage environment-fit theory, social cognitive theory.....and how all of it threads within the constuctivist approach, with the social and developmental needs of adolescents.
I'm getting student perception on adolescents' disruptive behaviors in the classroom.
Unprofessionally, I want to know why the eff they do what they do, lol.
Bleh, rofl!
I have so many articles and most havr been read and marked. I even have a working lit review from my last class. Just need to take one article at a time and insert lit. I hate the computer so it's hard to type and organize in word. I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic.

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95961 Feb 7, 2014
My buddy is group texting us about how he wants to buy something, but his wife won't let him because she said he has too many toys.

After him going back and forth, one guy in our group just texts:

U could always put ur ballz on and go buy it

Me: He'd have to sneak them out of C's (his wife) purse first!

Bwahahahaha!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95962 Feb 7, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! TOO much!
On student disruptive behaviors, classroom management, cooperative learning groups, self-determination theory, stage environment-fit theory, social cognitive theory.....and how all of it threads within the constuctivist approach, with the social and developmental needs of adolescents.
I'm getting student perception on adolescents' disruptive behaviors in the classroom.
Unprofessionally, I want to know why the eff they do what they do, lol.
Bleh, rofl!
I have so many articles and most havr been read and marked. I even have a working lit review from my last class. Just need to take one article at a time and insert lit. I hate the computer so it's hard to type and organize in word. I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic.
Congrats and good luck!

As PE asked, would it be any "less bad" for you to write it out by hand (at least in phrases instead of full sentences) to get a start and then to type it up and expand later? i remember when i was in grad school (merely a MA and no thesis) that i would do a lot of reading and noting on the train while commuting to work & school, then i'd pull it together on the weekend.

Again, good luck to you!

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95963 Feb 7, 2014
Congrats, Cunzel!

:)

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95964 Feb 7, 2014
Congrats, Chel!!! I'm sure you'll do great!

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95965 Feb 7, 2014
January's job numbers sucked too. They only revised December's numbers upwards by 1,000 to 75,000, too.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/07/news/economy/...
animaniactoo

New York, NY

#95966 Feb 7, 2014
Hey guys, I know I'm hardly ever here, and some of you may have no clue who I am, but I know that Red was really active over here, so I wanted go come post this and let you guys know about it:

There is a memorial page for Red on the American Cancer Society website, partly as a way of honoring Red, and partly as a way of doing something for her mom, who has lost too many people to cancer.

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/angela_nims

*waving hi* hope everybody's been doing well.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95967 Feb 7, 2014
Thanks!
animaniactoo wrote:
Hey guys, I know I'm hardly ever here, and some of you may have no clue who I am, but I know that Red was really active over here, so I wanted go come post this and let you guys know about it:
There is a memorial page for Red on the American Cancer Society website, partly as a way of honoring Red, and partly as a way of doing something for her mom, who has lost too many people to cancer.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95968 Feb 7, 2014
animaniactoo wrote:
THanks for posting this!!!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95969 Feb 7, 2014
Thanks, guys!
Yes, I am hardcore old skool so writing things out is more appealing. I just need to monitor my time useage.
I have all the notes on most articles, and I made notes as to which area I speculated it would fit in, so I need to go and just tackle one and insert in.

A friend uses bullet for lit citations and regular paragraphs for her words. It's easier to move/see points and when she's all done, she just takes all the bullets away and formats it right. I might give that a whirl too.

I'm going to try and get out to Panera or Starbucks Sitting at home brings too much distraction!:)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95970 Feb 7, 2014
animaniactoo wrote:

Thanks for posting here and for being so thoughtful. This is a touching tribute.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95971 Feb 8, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95972 Feb 8, 2014
And thanks, animaniac!(Loved that show as a teen)
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95973 Feb 8, 2014
OH-mom came home from the hospital yesterday, finallly!
he still has her PICCC line with some antibiotics to give every 6 hours.
The nurse was concerned about her doing it, to which mom laughed and explained bro.
Even the head lady at the home health agency that does it laughed at the nurse on the phone when she called in the order, as she remembered us. ;)

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95974 Feb 9, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95976 Feb 10, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95977 Feb 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
THanks Dog.

Its suppose to warm up this week. Mmmm Slush Mud Squish.
Mimi

Bonney Lake, WA

#95978 Feb 10, 2014
I was gonna post the ACS link, but I see someone beat me to it. Ok well...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95979 Feb 10, 2014
Wasup, bitches? Miss me? Looks like I picked a nice time to go on vacation. Didn't miss anything but a bunch of political jibba jabba.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95980 Feb 10, 2014
Tonka's back!

Yay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,603,884
Dum black cops 19 min Frankie 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Regime change 63,984
National FELON League 1 hr Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 1 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 2 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33
Coffee with Jesus. 2 hr Pissed Poster 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages