Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95936 Feb 6, 2014
No, I think it's just you. Your lack of actual links kinda makes you look sneaky.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> So then, you brand Associated Press, ADP and our Labor Department as unreliable and inaccurate?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95937 Feb 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> So then, you brand Associated Press, ADP and our Labor Department as unreliable and inaccurate?
No, I don't brand them unreliable and inaccurate.

What I brand as unreliable and inaccurate is *your* understanding that the AP, ADP, or the labor Department ACTUALLY ever reported that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in December. I think maybe you got this 238,000 figure from the onion.

If you contend otherwise, make me eat crow and post an actual link to an actual story or an actual report from either the AP, ADP, or the Labor Department that states that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in December 2013. You won't do so, because you can't!

December was an awful month for job creation. Less than 80,000 jobs were created and economists were predicting over 270,000 would be created. It was very odd that so few were created in December after a fairly decent amount were created in November.

Location hidden

#95938 Feb 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
No, I think it's just you. Your lack of actual links kinda makes you look sneaky.
<quoted text>
He can't post links because there are no such links. They don't exist.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95939 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't brand them unreliable and inaccurate.
What I brand as unreliable and inaccurate is *your* understanding that the AP, ADP, or the labor Department ACTUALLY ever reported that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in December. I think maybe you got this 238,000 figure from the onion.
If you contend otherwise, make me eat crow and post an actual link to an actual story or an actual report from either the AP, ADP, or the Labor Department that states that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in December 2013. You won't do so, because you can't!
December was an awful month for job creation. Less than 80,000 jobs were created and economists were predicting over 270,000 would be created. It was very odd that so few were created in December after a fairly decent amount were created in November.
Should be simple for a geek like you to find....even gave you the dates in the newspaper....
Linkman

United States

#95940 Feb 6, 2014

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#95941 Feb 6, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Not until the carpenters start swinging hammers and pounding nails again will you see real economic recovery in America.
Let me know when they start swinging their hammers again
They're swinging and pounding here. Housing starts are up, and our old house didn't even last long enough on the market to be listed, it sold in less than two weeks.

Location hidden

#95943 Feb 6, 2014
Linkman wrote:
http://www.adpemploymentreport .com/2013/December/NER/NER-Dec ember-2013.aspx
Thank you, but as it isn't a rightwing source, it just might not do....lol....

Location hidden

#95944 Feb 6, 2014
Linkman wrote:
http://www.adpemploymentreport .com/2013/December/NER/NER-Dec ember-2013.aspx
The ADP numbers are an estimate of what they think the numbers will be and it was grossly off in December:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-december-j...

"The report said 87,000 workers were added to private-sector payrolls last month, well below the consensus estimate of 200,000, and also well below data released from payroll-processing firm ADP earlier this week, which estimated that 238,000 workers were hired in the private sector in December."

Here is the Department of Labor Report for December 2013:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...

"The unemployment rate declined from 7.0 percent to 6.7 percent in
December, while total nonfarm payroll employment edged up (+74,000),
the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment rose
in retail trade and wholesale trade but was down in information."

Location hidden

#95945 Feb 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Should be simple for a geek like you to find....even gave you the dates in the newspaper....
Next time check your sources and don't use discredited information.

Location hidden

#95946 Feb 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you, but as it isn't a rightwing source, it just might not do....lol....
Nope ... not a right wing one ... just a discredited one.

Location hidden

#95947 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time check your sources and don't use discredited information.
So, that means you can't find ARTICLES IN THE NEWSPAPER???......nuff said....

Location hidden

#95948 Feb 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> So, that means you can't find ARTICLES IN THE NEWSPAPER???......nuff said....
No, by your logic, it means that Dewey actually beat Truman because it was printed in a newspaper.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95950 Feb 6, 2014
(Snort!)
Yeah, on Bizzaro world.
you cant quit me wrote:
<quoted text>The Ferrerman blog is actually quite well researched. Aside from being a leading Spankologist, Mr. Ferrerman first researches a subject and then gives his opinion on it. This is known in some circles as "freedom of speech". Mr. Ferrerman takes this a step further by being what is commonly referred to as "right". pretty much all the time.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95951 Feb 6, 2014
In happy news, I finally got my dissertation pilot study approved by my uni! I have been fighting this for months. WHEE

Need district approval, then I can start gathering participants at my job.
Excited...I'm moving forward.

Now, if someone would write my dissertation proposal (first 3 chapters of actual dissertation) for me. Just ch. 2's lit review. Gah! I am ignoring that beast and now it breaths heavily at my door.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95953 Feb 6, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
In happy news, I finally got my dissertation pilot study approved by my uni! I have been fighting this for months. WHEE
Need district approval, then I can start gathering participants at my job.
Excited...I'm moving forward.
Now, if someone would write my dissertation proposal (first 3 chapters of actual dissertation) for me. Just ch. 2's lit review. Gah! I am ignoring that beast and now it breaths heavily at my door.
What lit is involved?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95954 Feb 6, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What lit is involved?
Ha! TOO much!
On student disruptive behaviors, classroom management, cooperative learning groups, self-determination theory, stage environment-fit theory, social cognitive theory.....and how all of it threads within the constuctivist approach, with the social and developmental needs of adolescents.
I'm getting student perception on adolescents' disruptive behaviors in the classroom.
Unprofessionally, I want to know why the eff they do what they do, lol.
Bleh, rofl!
I have so many articles and most havr been read and marked. I even have a working lit review from my last class. Just need to take one article at a time and insert lit. I hate the computer so it's hard to type and organize in word. I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95955 Feb 7, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95956 Feb 7, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95957 Feb 7, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic.
This sounds like a song lyric

This dissertation is getting me down
Must get out of this class and blow into town
I gotta give my brain an aerobic because
I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95958 Feb 7, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! TOO much!
On student disruptive behaviors, classroom management, cooperative learning groups, self-determination theory, stage environment-fit theory, social cognitive theory.....and how all of it threads within the constuctivist approach, with the social and developmental needs of adolescents.
I'm getting student perception on adolescents' disruptive behaviors in the classroom.
Unprofessionally, I want to know why the eff they do what they do, lol.
Bleh, rofl!
I have so many articles and most havr been read and marked. I even have a working lit review from my last class. Just need to take one article at a time and insert lit. I hate the computer so it's hard to type and organize in word. I feel like my thoughts are claustrophobic.
Two suggestions:
.Go back to the old fashioned legl pad and index card system until you are ready for a serious draft to be typed into the computer. Then you will only need to edit on the computer rather than compose.

Second possibility: explore on of the voice to text programs.Google has one and Windows may as well, although I prefer the proprietary Dragonspeak. These are free. They take a bit of getting used to but once you have mastered it, they are great

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,745,360
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr Julia 2,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Julia 12,223
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Julia 3,809
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Julia 6,965
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Julia 1,065
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 2 hr Julia 64

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages