Pippa

Hancock, NY

#95831 Feb 1, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TFEO4OM5LR...

Hi folks. I was reading Annie's mailbox a few minutes ago and the first letter in particular just somehow struck me. I'd like to get your perspective on it. I don't think this column is usually posted on Topix but you might enjoy it. There doesn't seem to be a blue line for a link here but I copied the first line, put it on my address line and the topix discussion did come up.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#95832 Feb 1, 2014
Will anyone be offended if I offer up some prayers on your journey and wish the best and perhaps better than you may even dare to imagine.

We all have our crosses to bear, even if we don't believe in that particular word.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm off to the SuperBowl/Birthday part. I'm embarrassed to admit (as childish as I may appear) that I four years (I believe) older than the Superbowl event.

:O

Yep, I was born in the USA a long long long time ago. Haha

Peace Out for the time being. Thank you for your welcomes. You don't know how appreciate most all others feel with that simple step beyond the norm.

:)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95833 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello

I'm not sure exactly why, but I would like to hang in here on occasion. I'll admit I knew absolutely nothing of the place until I saw a link and it concerned an individual I kind of like out here so I came where I was lead.

I'll admit, I've not even attempted to read much of what is in here. I saw the icons above my post and didn't feel at all welcomed (not sure if I got reply), and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another. I'll admit this is a sock -- haha and there's quite an interesting story behind it, but I don't know you ... you don't know me.... Ahhh,mmm so, what do you say?

'
'

Are ya'll excited for the Superbowl Countdown? I am, but I'll admit,... I've not one clue yet where I'll spend it. I do know it will require an overnight bag.
O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dajDN_JpnRwXX
Transformers 4 Super Bowl

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there. This is a dangerous holiday and we should already know that after 46 years.

;-)

Ciao
I use the mobile app, so I can't even see the judgy icons. Makes things much easier :)

Btw, we love newcomers.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95834 Feb 1, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
Thanks, guys.
She did say taking care of bro put a major strain on her body.
Not even a year ago she had major neck surgery (reconstructed) and some months ago, an 8 hour surgery to basically rotor-root her, as she was riddled with blood clots.
I do think she needs to move more. She's sedentary and blames it on the medical issues, but I think some of the issues are because she never works out, is overweight, and lays around a lot.
It's a vicious cycle...
Off to see her now so I can get back home before it's too dark.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Does it sound like something the docs can get under control?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95835 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Will anyone be offended if I offer up some prayers on your journey and wish the best and perhaps better than you may even dare to imagine.

We all have our crosses to bear, even if we don't believe in that particular word.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm off to the SuperBowl/Birthday part. I'm embarrassed to admit (as childish as I may appear) that I four years (I believe) older than the Superbowl event.

Peace Out for the time being. Thank you for your welcomes. You don't know how appreciate most all others feel with that simple step beyond the norm.

You will find that some of us are religious, some are more spiritual, some are kind of introspective, others decidedly atheistic, and there might be one or two who waffle back and forth.

I don't think anyone here is going to berate you for being a kind person, and if they do, this is the internet, you never have to see them in person so just ignore them :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95836 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Lurkers are always welcome. You probably noticed that we suffered a significant loss lately; things are a bit subdued and feelings are a bit raw- nothing to do with you.

The Regs thread is a general meeting place. Someone posts Amy (Ask Amy) and Abby (Dear Abby) each day. A number of discussions start from those links.

Prayers are usually welcome, but there are a few people who come around on a regular basis who prefer the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM), Pastafarianism. Just a heads up.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95838 Feb 1, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your mom. Does it sound like something the docs can get under control?
I think. She's on 2 strong antibiotics and looks and sounds much better.
I just got home from seeing her.
They have her on morphine so that might be helping her attitude, lol.
She got a chest x-ray tonight so we shall see....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95839 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
As a Christian, I lways welcome prayers.
But zealous proselytizing is a turn-off to almost all of us. ;)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95840 Feb 2, 2014

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95841 Feb 3, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95842 Feb 3, 2014
1. My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.

2. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.

3. After that, I tried to be a Tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it - mainly because it was a sew-sew job.

4. Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.

5. Then, I tried to be a Chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.

6. I attempted to be a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it I couldn't cut the mustard.

7. My best job was a Musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.

8. I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but I didn't have any patience.

9. Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. I tried but I just didn't fit in.

10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

11. I managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining.

12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it.

14. My last job was working in Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95843 Feb 3, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
1. My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.
2. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
3. After that, I tried to be a Tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it - mainly because it was a sew-sew job.
4. Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.
5. Then, I tried to be a Chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.
6. I attempted to be a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it I couldn't cut the mustard.
7. My best job was a Musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.
8. I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but I didn't have any patience.
9. Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. I tried but I just didn't fit in.
10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.
11. I managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining.
12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.
13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it.
14. My last job was working in Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.
PEllen, did you still edog's login???

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95844 Feb 3, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
PEllen, did you still edog's login???
Gee, when they told me my stuff was viral I didn't think it was contagious

The boy may have some socially redeeming qualities in him- who knew?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#95845 Feb 3, 2014
Thought you'd be proud, PE.

Yeesh, where is everyone today? Hung over from the super bowl?

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95846 Feb 3, 2014
I was helping someone with their Favorites at work and I found the "As The Board Turns" thread. Too funny! There were names in there I TOTALLY forgot!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95847 Feb 3, 2014
I'm here, dog!

I'm hung over from tending to a sick little girl most of the weekend. Soooooooooooo needy, she wouldn't let me leave her side for more than 5 minutes.

We did manage to get our sledding in before the onslaught of gross bodily functions, however. I even slogged my way up a few times and didn't bust my butt on the way down!

And both girls made it down the bunny hill on a snowboard. I was very proud.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95849 Feb 3, 2014
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I always wondered if some of those posters weren't made-up socks because they disappeared after A770 quit the gang. She took a few of the old ladies with her to troll elsewhere but a lot of those people were never heard from again. They went the way of "Feel The Heat", I guess. I suppose there was a 'real' "Garth" for example because why would anyone make him up?
And there was Nova and Misplaced Texan. I believe they were real.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95850 Feb 3, 2014
squishymama wrote:
I'm here, dog!
I'm hung over from tending to a sick little girl most of the weekend. Soooooooooooo needy, she wouldn't let me leave her side for more than 5 minutes.
We did manage to get our sledding in before the onslaught of gross bodily functions, however. I even slogged my way up a few times and didn't bust my butt on the way down!
And both girls made it down the bunny hill on a snowboard. I was very proud.
Not the kind of hang over that you get from too much fun, huh? Ugh! I hope she is getting better!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95851 Feb 3, 2014
RACE is a total sock. And a smelly one at that! LOL, I crack myself up sometimes.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there was Nova and Misplaced Texan. I believe they were real.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95853 Feb 3, 2014
That game was a total blowout! Sooooo glad it was Payton and not Eli out there getting thumped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min mdbuilder 1,109,470
Amy 9-16 1 hr Mister Tonka 33
iso Casandra Holloman 1 hr ThatGuyFromDanceC... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Fracking rules 46,606
Fun 1 hr Just4funinsun 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,988
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 3 hr Weneedchange 150
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••