Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95913 Feb 6, 2014
Because you paint the positive, while ignoring the negative completely.
Ten jobs lost, but two found, and you bellow about how great the economy is because two new jobs were added, but ignore the 10 that were lost. You cherry pick your statements and refuse to admit that on the whole, things are going backwards not forwards. But hey, I guess you like kool aid too!

And nobody who is out of work cares whether the POTUS is democrat or republican, or her skin tone. Thats just more juvenile mud slinging to detract from the facts.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you cheer againest what's best for our American economy? Why do you feel the need tpo deny any positive economic trends?

“Where is Tonka?”

#95914 Feb 6, 2014
As a someone once said....

Its the economy stupid

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#95915 Feb 6, 2014
Not until the carpenters start swinging hammers and pounding nails again will you see real economic recovery in America.
Let me know when they start swinging their hammers again

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#95916 Feb 6, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Not until the carpenters start swinging hammers and pounding nails again will you see real economic recovery in America.
Let me know when they start swinging their hammers again
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-18/b...

Consider yourself notified...pay attention

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95917 Feb 6, 2014
Irish Grey wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to be one of the elite who would make a technological breakthrough and I would be happy to support you and 9998 others to a fulfilling life of leisure.
The $7.25 an hour that I will benevolently bestow on you would allow you to sit on your ass whilst fishing from the river bank or surf casting at the beach or reading a book from the public library. Just forget about the car, the boat, the motor bike,(get a bicycle) the travel and the partying.
No please... I'm not god... no need to worship and grovel at my feet :-)
Good luck only paying us $7.25 an hour. The 9999 of us who live off of you will become democrats, whine about how the fact that we only make the equivalent to $7.25 hour has nothing to do with any decisions that we ourselves have made in life or don't work/have any skills or education, whine about how we only make $7.25 an hour because we are oppressed by you, whine about how we are entitled to be paid at least a enough to live on, and out vote you and elect representatives that pass a law requiring you to pay us, and 20 million illegal immigrants,$25 an hour and lifetime medical care just because we exist!

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95918 Feb 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Geez, and i even spelled out Associated Press for you....Do the have any big city newspapers, where you live?
CNN is not big enough for you? I provided a link to an article of theirs showing that you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about ... once again.

In contrast, any partisan hack, with a keyboard, a computer, and an internet connection, such as yourself, can refer to an Associated Press article that doesn't even exist.

Where is the link to your fictitious AP article? Don't even bother looking ... you'd sooner find an AP article that says you are a french model...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95920 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN is not big enough for you? I provided a link to an article of theirs showing that you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about ... once again.
In contrast, any partisan hack, with a keyboard, a computer, and an internet connection, such as yourself, can refer to an Associated Press article that doesn't even exist.
Where is the link to your fictitious AP article? Don't even bother looking ... you'd sooner find an AP article that says you are a french model...
Yep. CNN is big enough. CNN article. Here's the link: http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/30/news/economy/...

"The U.S. economy ended the year with solid growth, driven by stronger consumer spending and exports.

Gross domestic product -- the broadest measure of economic activity -- grew at a 3.2% annual pace in the fourth quarter, according to a Commerce Department report. That figure beat economists' expectations, and although it's not indicative of gangbusters growth, the data seems to show the economy is moving forward modestly. GDP rose at a 4.1% clip in the third quarter.

"We've got a good balance, and that's a positive for job growth going forward," said John Silvia, Wells Fargo chief economist.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#95921 Feb 6, 2014
If an economy rises too fast or too slow that can trigger other problems. You do want a steady pace upward.

It's difficult to not want everything at once, I understand that. A sudden leap isn't necessarily good, however.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#95922 Feb 6, 2014
Wall Street can suck eggs.
The building trades are 10% of the work force.
They are the real unsung heros and bell-weather indicators of a healthy economy.

Let me know when the carpenters start swinging their hammers again.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95923 Feb 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
Because you paint the positive, while ignoring the negative completely.
Ten jobs lost, but two found, and you bellow about how great the economy is because two new jobs were added, but ignore the 10 that were lost. You cherry pick your statements and refuse to admit that on the whole, things are going backwards not forwards. But hey, I guess you like kool aid too!
And nobody who is out of work cares whether the POTUS is democrat or republican, or her skin tone. Thats just more juvenile mud slinging to detract from the facts.
<quoted text>
JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH....SO ARE RESIGNATIONS, WHICH ALSO POINT TO A HEALTHIER JOB MARKET.....AP(12-11-13).....Wa shington -- U.S. employers advertised the most job openings in more than five years in October, and the number of people quitting also reached a five year high.....The Labor Department said Tuesday that job openings rose 1 percent to a seasonally adjusted 3.93 million. That is the highest figure since May 2008, three months after the recession began.....And the number of workers that quit rose 2.5 percent to 2.39 million, the most since October 2008. More workers quitting can signal a healthy job market, because most of those people likely either have a new job or are confident they can find one.....MORE HIRING, JOB OPENINGS AND RESIGNATIONS POINT TO A MORE DYNAMIC JOB MARKET. THAT TREND CREATES MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE OUT OF WORK OR LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB.....Another positive sign in the report: Layoffs plunged 16 percent to 1.47 million, THE LOWEST LEVEL ON RECORDS DATING BACK TO 2001......

Location hidden

#95924 Feb 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
If an economy rises too fast or too slow that can trigger other problems. You do want a steady pace upward.
It's difficult to not want everything at once, I understand that. A sudden leap isn't necessarily good, however.
....Absolutely, an overheated market and economy plus outside financial factors is what triggered the global scale recession.....Worst in any of our lifetimes.....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#95925 Feb 6, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Wall Street can suck eggs.
The building trades are 10% of the work force.
They are the real unsung heros and bell-weather indicators of a healthy economy.
Let me know when the carpenters start swinging their hammers again.
Many things ebb and flow. The baby boomers are no longer looking for houses. They're looking forward to retirement and some for medical care and nursing homes.

I haven't looked it up, but if there's less people of a certain age who usually buy houses to start their families or invest, then you don't need as many new houses I would think.

I'm going to look that up. Now I'm curious.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95927 Feb 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. CNN is big enough. CNN article. Here's the link: http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/30/news/economy/...
"The U.S. economy ended the year with solid growth, driven by stronger consumer spending and exports.
Gross domestic product -- the broadest measure of economic activity -- grew at a 3.2% annual pace in the fourth quarter, according to a Commerce Department report. That figure beat economists' expectations, and although it's not indicative of gangbusters growth, the data seems to show the economy is moving forward modestly. GDP rose at a 4.1% clip in the third quarter.
"We've got a good balance, and that's a positive for job growth going forward," said John Silvia, Wells Fargo chief economist.
AFter you left topix as Terri and before you returned as Toj, did you hit your head really hard or suffer a stroke or something? I do not recall your reading comprehension being this poor. Seriously, wtf? Maybe you should go see a medical doctor. I'm not even trying to be a d'.

What Go Blue Forever and I have been discussing is the December job figures and specifically the contention that December was a good month for job growth and that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in the month of December as indicated in this very post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI7DSM78U5...

Your article and post has nothing to do with the December 2013 jobs report. Why do you do that? It's really annoying.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#95929 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AFter you left topix as Terri and before you returned as Toj, did you hit your head really hard or suffer a stroke or something? I do not recall your reading comprehension being this poor. Seriously, wtf? Maybe you should go see a medical doctor. I'm not even trying to be a d'.
What Go Blue Forever and I have been discussing is the December job figures and specifically the contention that December was a good month for job growth and that the U.S. created 238,000 jobs in the month of December as indicated in this very post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI7DSM78U5...
Your article and post has nothing to do with the December 2013 jobs report. Why do you do that? It's really annoying.
I bring up jobs generally when you're speaking about jobs.

Trying to have a discussion with you again and again, and you continually resort to comments such as this -- you're right. I must be stupid.

I had the audacity to actually widen the scope. I wasn't looking for a comeback. I civil discussion, yes. But then I forgot who the hell I posted to.

When will I learn not to talk to you? You're right -- I must be stupid b/c I keep thinking you might actually know how to be a human being. Evidentally I was wrong on that point as well.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95930 Feb 6, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring up jobs generally when you're speaking about jobs.
Context...

Iím not interested in talking about jobs in general. I donít feel that Obama is terribly responsible for job growth or lack thereof. I also didnít blame G. Bush for the entire recession. The causes of such things are far more complicated than this, and I do not feel attributing blame or praise to anyone person for such things is appropriate.

I only commented on the issue, because GBF was spewing misinformation about the December jobs report. Regardless of whether you are a liberal, a conservative, an independent, or whatever, I feel that oneís political choices should be made on facts, not misinformation or lies, which is why I chimed in.

Itís not the first time GBF has done this. Here GBF is telling everyone that our total national debt was decreasing under Obama, despite the fact that we were in the midst of nearly defaulting on our national debt if the debt ceiling wasnít raised. IN response I asked if our national debt is decreasing, why are we having to raise our national debt ceiling:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T0FT314...
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to have a discussion with you again and again, and you continually resort to comments such as this -- you're right. I must be stupid.
I had the audacity to actually widen the scope. I wasn't looking for a comeback. I civil discussion, yes. But then I forgot who the hell I posted to.
When will I learn not to talk to you? You're right -- I must be stupid b/c I keep thinking you might actually know how to be a human being. Evidentally I was wrong on that point as well.
You misspelled evidently.:p

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95931 Feb 6, 2014
Iíll try to be nicer and more sensitive to your feelings in the future. <hugs>

“Where is Tonka?”

#95932 Feb 6, 2014
Good, then that 15yr old won't have to have granny buy her a vibrator.

Will the be able to print cold beers?
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
3D printing is actually going to revolutionize a lot of things too from a manufacturing standpoint. I think in 5-10 years, many folks will have a 3D printer at home or will go to a business that has one and just have them make parts or devices they need.

Location hidden

#95933 Feb 6, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Context...
I only commented on the issue, because GBF was spewing misinformation about the December jobs report
So then, you brand Associated Press, ADP and our Labor Department as unreliable and inaccurate?

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#95934 Feb 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
Good, then that 15yr old won't have to have granny buy her a vibrator.
Will the be able to print cold beers?
<quoted text>
LMAO.

It will be able to print beer cans ... I dunno about beer. They can 3d print food, tho:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/chef...

“Where is Tonka?”

#95935 Feb 6, 2014
LOL!
Like I keep saying, if you want to know the truth, go ask someone looking for work.

Though I do keep wondering why you never post an actual link. Why is that? Do you have all these little sound bites already clipped in some database somewhere?

JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH....SO ARE RESIGNATIONS, WHICH ALSO POINT TO A HEALTHIER JOB MARKET.....AP(12-12-13).....Wa shington has revealed this quote is not true, never was, never will be. Washington insiders have revealed that there is a secret army of Acorn recruits hired by Walmart to spread disinformation about the economic recovery. This information was released by people who will remain anonymous because they are not authorized to speak on this issue.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH....SO ARE RESIGNATIONS, WHICH ALSO POINT TO A HEALTHIER JOB MARKET.....AP(12-11-13).....Wa shington -- U.S. employers advertised the most job openings in more than five years in October, and the number of people quitting also reached a five year high.....The Labor Department said Tuesday that job openings rose 1 percent to a seasonally adjusted 3.93 million. That is the highest figure since May 2008, three months after the recession began.....And the number of workers that quit rose 2.5 percent to 2.39 million, the most since October 2008. More workers quitting can signal a healthy job market, because most of those people likely either have a new job or are confident they can find one.....MORE HIRING, JOB OPENINGS AND RESIGNATIONS POINT TO A MORE DYNAMIC JOB MARKET. THAT TREND CREATES MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE OUT OF WORK OR LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB.....Another positive sign in the report: Layoffs plunged 16 percent to 1.47 million, THE LOWEST LEVEL ON RECORDS DATING BACK TO 2001......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghost 1,710,499
Letís play a game! 30 min Hamilton 13
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2,785
Trump is A 8 hr Maverick 808 485
Why does America tolerate nazis? 11 hr ThomasA 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr Intrepid Surfer 11,980
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr FIDDLE FARTS 64,481

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages