“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95817 Jan 31, 2014
Unfortunately not.
Buddy lives 1hr north and moving north from there. I told him I would be there @7:30. Hair person wanted me here @11:30. Cant do both.
Toj wrote:
That's 1/2 hour tops.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95818 Jan 31, 2014
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately not.
Buddy lives 1hr north and moving north from there. I told him I would be there @7:30. Hair person wanted me here @11:30. Cant do both.
Buy a set of clippers and do it yourself. The buzzed look is tres sexy.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95819 Jan 31, 2014
I frickin' love good teachers. Most parents don't thank them, appreciate them or pay them enough.

http://momastery.com/blog/2014/01/30/share-sc...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95820 Jan 31, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>My mother wants to drag me to church for their "superbowl"-some kind of soup tasting deelio, and meet the new minister, but we're supposed to get like 12 inches of snow on Sat, so I might not be going anywhere
Ugh, don't fall for the church Super Bowl. The booze is way watered down.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95821 Feb 1, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
Ugh, don't fall for the church Super Bowl. The booze is way watered down.
Meh, I'll have Jesus turn the water into beer

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#95822 Feb 1, 2014
Hello

I'm not sure exactly why, but I would like to hang in here on occasion. I'll admit I knew absolutely nothing of the place until I saw a link and it concerned an individual I kind of like out here so I came where I was lead.

I'll admit, I've not even attempted to read much of what is in here. I saw the icons above my post and didn't feel at all welcomed (not sure if I got reply), and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another. I'll admit this is a sock -- haha and there's quite an interesting story behind it, but I don't know you ... you don't know me.... Ahhh,mmm so, what do you say?

'
'

Are ya'll excited for the Superbowl Countdown? I am, but I'll admit,... I've not one clue yet where I'll spend it. I do know it will require an overnight bag.
O.o

Transformers 4 Super Bowl

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there. This is a dangerous holiday and we should already know that after 46 years.

;-)

Ciao

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95823 Feb 1, 2014
And just because I'm up and plan on being a shut-in today (glad I stocked up on beer!) Gonna spend the day shoveling and cooking. Who wants spaghetti and nachos!? Cause I plan on making way more than I ever intend to eat

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUHOGSVCBR...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T4DSRCHJRH...

Location hidden

#95824 Feb 1, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, I'll have Jesus turn the water into beer
Hi !
Ooohhhh, I so badly want to reply to this, but ... I'm going to wait until I'm invited.

Have a good one.
:)

**chuckle

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95825 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another.
We love newcomers. But sometimes they get scared and run for some reason. Welcome! I'm edog and I'm naked.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95826 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hi !
Ooohhhh, I so badly want to reply to this, but ... I'm going to wait until I'm invited.
Have a good one.
**chuckle
Reply all you want. You don't have to be invited. It's a public forum open to anyone!

Location hidden

#95827 Feb 1, 2014
Thank You ... and you are almost too funny, in a naked beast sort of way.

Well,... I know why we run. When we are new, we don't know the rules yet, others wonder, believe and start accusing us of being a sock of an old time poster and then they get paranoid in certain cases and accuse us of being ... alllllll that. DANG !

I came in as gray Trish and listened for a month or better to those wondering why I wasn't registered,.. yet I managed to fit in as well as I did.

I'm a traveler and if we don't learn how to fit in, it get's to be quite a sad and lonely existence on this journey. Ahhh, I'm speaking RW as opposed to this game out here. Haha

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95828 Feb 1, 2014
Traveler, as in Gypsy or Romanee?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95829 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello
I'm not sure exactly why, but I would like to hang in here on occasion. I'll admit I knew absolutely nothing of the place until I saw a link and it concerned an individual I kind of like out here so I came where I was lead.
I'll admit, I've not even attempted to read much of what is in here. I saw the icons above my post and didn't feel at all welcomed (not sure if I got reply), and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another. I'll admit this is a sock -- haha and there's quite an interesting story behind it, but I don't know you ... you don't know me.... Ahhh,mmm so, what do you say?
'
'
Are ya'll excited for the Superbowl Countdown? I am, but I'll admit,... I've not one clue yet where I'll spend it. I do know it will require an overnight bag.
O.o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dajDN_JpnRwXX
Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there. This is a dangerous holiday and we should already know that after 46 years.
;-)
Ciao
Everybody is welcome. Some people can't help themselves putting pictures on posts. It goes back to their childhood or something.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95830 Feb 1, 2014
Thanks, guys.
She did say taking care of bro put a major strain on her body.
Not even a year ago she had major neck surgery (reconstructed) and some months ago, an 8 hour surgery to basically rotor-root her, as she was riddled with blood clots.

I do think she needs to move more. She's sedentary and blames it on the medical issues, but I think some of the issues are because she never works out, is overweight, and lays around a lot.
It's a vicious cycle...

Off to see her now so I can get back home before it's too dark.
Pippa

Hancock, NY

#95831 Feb 1, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TFEO4OM5LR...

Hi folks. I was reading Annie's mailbox a few minutes ago and the first letter in particular just somehow struck me. I'd like to get your perspective on it. I don't think this column is usually posted on Topix but you might enjoy it. There doesn't seem to be a blue line for a link here but I copied the first line, put it on my address line and the topix discussion did come up.

Location hidden

#95832 Feb 1, 2014
Will anyone be offended if I offer up some prayers on your journey and wish the best and perhaps better than you may even dare to imagine.

We all have our crosses to bear, even if we don't believe in that particular word.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm off to the SuperBowl/Birthday part. I'm embarrassed to admit (as childish as I may appear) that I four years (I believe) older than the Superbowl event.

:O

Yep, I was born in the USA a long long long time ago. Haha

Peace Out for the time being. Thank you for your welcomes. You don't know how appreciate most all others feel with that simple step beyond the norm.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95833 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello

'
'

O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dajDN_JpnRwXX

;-)

Ciao
I use the mobile app, so I can't even see the judgy icons. Makes things much easier :)

Btw, we love newcomers.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95834 Feb 1, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
Thanks, guys.
She did say taking care of bro put a major strain on her body.
Not even a year ago she had major neck surgery (reconstructed) and some months ago, an 8 hour surgery to basically rotor-root her, as she was riddled with blood clots.
I do think she needs to move more. She's sedentary and blames it on the medical issues, but I think some of the issues are because she never works out, is overweight, and lays around a lot.
It's a vicious cycle...
Off to see her now so I can get back home before it's too dark.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Does it sound like something the docs can get under control?

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95835 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Will anyone be offended if I offer up some prayers on your journey and wish the best and perhaps better than you may even dare to imagine.

We all have our crosses to bear, even if we don't believe in that particular word.

Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm off to the SuperBowl/Birthday part. I'm embarrassed to admit (as childish as I may appear) that I four years (I believe) older than the Superbowl event.

Peace Out for the time being. Thank you for your welcomes. You don't know how appreciate most all others feel with that simple step beyond the norm.

You will find that some of us are religious, some are more spiritual, some are kind of introspective, others decidedly atheistic, and there might be one or two who waffle back and forth.

I don't think anyone here is going to berate you for being a kind person, and if they do, this is the internet, you never have to see them in person so just ignore them :)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95836 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Lurkers are always welcome. You probably noticed that we suffered a significant loss lately; things are a bit subdued and feelings are a bit raw- nothing to do with you.

The Regs thread is a general meeting place. Someone posts Amy (Ask Amy) and Abby (Dear Abby) each day. A number of discussions start from those links.

Prayers are usually welcome, but there are a few people who come around on a regular basis who prefer the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM), Pastafarianism. Just a heads up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,127,285
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 3 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 hr Wolverine33 654
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]