“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95775 Jan 29, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh Im good. I'm in AZ. It's in mid 70 ... Blue skies ... Palm trees ... Quite nice
Bambi ... She wants to pull her hair out.:)
4 or 5 inches of snow, I think. No school. Would be surprised if they go back this week. Kids are enjoying the snow...
So she misses me ... she was sending me naughty texts last night. My, my, mmmmmy
Dickie is stuck in AZ too. He managed to get some tickets to the Waste Management golf tournament, the f*cker.

Maybe I need to start sending naughty texts too...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95776 Jan 29, 2014
I've no FB so someone email ne a pic. :)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95777 Jan 29, 2014
Cops obituary to his K9 partner...
https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePolice

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95778 Jan 29, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
She sent me one on FB, probably the same one she sent you.
Post it on FB

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95779 Jan 29, 2014
RACE wrote:
Cops obituary to his K9 partner...
https://www.facebook.com/MassStatePolice
Geez, i love our dogs so much, and have been in that position with many dogs over the years.....Just another big guy, crying while reading about Dante's life.....gotta be tough on those kids....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95780 Jan 29, 2014
Changing my avatar, but it will take a bit to show up.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95781 Jan 29, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
I've no FB so someone email ne a pic.:)
Hope I sent you the right on and not the one of me in the shower. I'm not the best with that sort of thing....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95782 Jan 29, 2014
And PE, you did a great job! Thanks again! I'm glad my one dollar donation could help!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95783 Jan 29, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
I've no FB so someone email me a pic.:)
I just did.

Topix won't let me copy and paste the image so I will share with people via email . Give me a few minutes

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#95784 Jan 29, 2014
RACE wrote:
Wanna join my fan club? I'll PM you!
<quoted text>
Again?? You said those were LIFETIME dues!
;^j

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#95785 Jan 29, 2014
RACE wrote:
?? I thought you meant me too, and I'm not even sure what obtuse means..
<quoted text>
Nah, I meant the waste of space.
I don't always agree with you, but I don't think you're a waste of skin and water.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95786 Jan 29, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>Dickie is stuck in AZ too. He managed to get some tickets to the Waste Management golf tournament, the f*cker.

Maybe I need to start sending naughty texts too...
Heh. He'll tell ya. It's perfect!

:^D

Maybe

Someone has plans for me 4 sure.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95787 Jan 29, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope I sent you the right on and not the one of me in the shower. I'm not the best with that sort of thing....
I'm still posting, so I didn't slit my wrist or gouge out my eyes....

Thanks, guys!

Good call, Jess!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95788 Jan 29, 2014
So there are some songs that I cannot stand in their original form, but I love certain remakes. Coke has a commercial with a bunch of teenagers playing "Little talks" that I could listen to all day, though I always change the station when the Of Monsters And Men version comes on the radio.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#95789 Jan 29, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
So there are some songs that I cannot stand in their original form, but I love certain remakes. Coke has a commercial with a bunch of teenagers playing "Little talks" that I could listen to all day, though I always change the station when the Of Monsters And Men version comes on the radio.
i usually like the first version that i hear, original or cover, doesn't matter.

of course i can't think of any examples now. foo.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95790 Jan 30, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95791 Jan 30, 2014
(smacks forehead...)
Oh! DUH!
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, I meant the waste of space.
I don't always agree with you, but I don't think you're a waste of skin and water.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95792 Jan 30, 2014
An 8th grade student in a neighboring town committed suicide. He had transferred to the district this school year and recently some kids had been bullying him and calling him homophobic slurs. He didn't leave a note and his last FB message said "I hope tomorrow is a better day."

I am ANGRY today. 8th f-ing grade.

Can't wait for my kids to get home from school so I can hug them.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95794 Jan 30, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
An 8th grade student in a neighboring town committed suicide. He had transferred to the district this school year and recently some kids had been bullying him and calling him homophobic slurs. He didn't leave a note and his last FB message said "I hope tomorrow is a better day."
Can't wait for my kids to get home from school so I can hug them.
10 years ago when my younger daughter was in 8th grade one of her classmates hung herself. Her mom was my daughter's confirmation mentor at the time. As far as we ever heard there was no bullying but just a profound depression. She was under active psychiatric care and the parents were attentive.

The parent's response was to found an adolescent suicide awareness group which provides informational programs to junior high and high school kids.

The 8th grade class showed some amazingly self supportive group behavior which was monitored by but not really prompted by the parents. Otherwise fragile kids ( and the class apparently knew who those were) were hovered over protectively and there was a vigil at the junior high organized by the kids. It helped that there was no one to point a finger at and blame

I was unfortunately in the room when the boy who had a crush on her asked the mom if the girl had said anything about him in a note. Perhaps one of the most gut wrenching things I ever hope to hear. She hadn't left a note at all.

Hug the boys but don't avoid the subject. The kids are stronger than you think.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95795 Jan 30, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
That's sad and a true shame. But it goes to show we need to teach our kids coping skills and not coddle them to the point of thinking their life is over if their feelings are ever hurt.

Life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. You're gonna get picked last, you're gonna lose a game, you're gonna fail chemistry, you're gonna get passed up for that job or promotion, you're gonna get dumped. And best of all, life's not fair! Deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,110,749
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min KiMare 49,930
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 min boundary painter 1,481
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 min boundary painter 1,283
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 10 min boundary painter 7,785
Abby 9-22 11 min boundary painter 4
Abby 9-21-14 16 min boundary painter 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min loose cannon 178,203
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••