Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95865 Feb 4, 2014

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#95866 Feb 4, 2014
RACE wrote:
That game was a total blowout! Sooooo glad it was Payton and not Eli out there getting thumped.
I was so embarrassed for them. By the time they scored I was actually hoping they would get at least a point. In other news, sprained wrist...one too many high fives during the game.

I was in the grocery store yesterday. They still had a couple of Seahawks celebration cakes in the bakery (surprising) and a whole bunch of Broncos celebration cakes ("XXX Superbowl Winner" cakes)...in the discount bin. I bought one to break up to make a trifle with. <shrug>

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95867 Feb 4, 2014
Enjoy the victory, and your cake. Your team came out to play and it showed.
And I think the points were a gimme, either from the NFL or the Mob.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so embarrassed for them. By the time they scored I was actually hoping they would get at least a point. In other news, sprained wrist...one too many high fives during the game.
I was in the grocery store yesterday. They still had a couple of Seahawks celebration cakes in the bakery (surprising) and a whole bunch of Broncos celebration cakes ("XXX Superbowl Winner" cakes)...in the discount bin. I bought one to break up to make a trifle with. <shrug>

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95868 Feb 4, 2014
We kinda got spoiled with 3-4, very competitive Superbowls....we were due a clunker....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95869 Feb 4, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so embarrassed for them. By the time they scored I was actually hoping they would get at least a point. In other news, sprained wrist...one too many high fives during the game.
I was in the grocery store yesterday. They still had a couple of Seahawks celebration cakes in the bakery (surprising) and a whole bunch of Broncos celebration cakes ("XXX Superbowl Winner" cakes)...in the discount bin. I bought one to break up to make a trifle with. <shrug>
There is a very good pun in there

Seattle trifles with the Broncos

At least the commercials were fun
Mimi

Bonney Lake, WA

#95870 Feb 4, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very good pun in there
Seattle trifles with the Broncos
At least the commercials were fun
LOL. Actually I was pretty unimpressed with the commercials this year. Of course there's the whole Coke thing now, but <shrug> who couldn't see that coming.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95871 Feb 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's a good thing. Glad you had fun sledding. I had fun shoveling snow all day. Then the plow came by and filled in my freshly shoveled sidewalk again. And that crunchy plow snow is a hell of a lot harder to shovel than the fresh fluffy stuff. Ugh, my back has been sore all day. And will likely still be tomorrow. I'm getting old.
Yeah, that cr*p they plow up is nasty! The city used part of the parking lot by the sledding hill to dump plowed snow (and it's a monster pile of it too) and it just looked disgusting. Of course, my kids wanted to play on it. No, I don't care how many other kids are playing on it, babies, it's disgusting and dangerous. I could just see the head gash from slipping and hitting a rock they couldn't see or a chunk of ice that just looked like snow.

Hope the back feels better. I always recommend a bath with epsom salts for sore muscles.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95872 Feb 4, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> How is your MIL's knee doing?
Hope you stay bug free as well as your other girl.
D*mn,we need some good news around here.
MIL's knee is doing great, thanks for asking. She graduated from the walker to a cane yesterday.

Yeah, I have my fingers crossed about the bug. Not that that is much help...

I'm sorta short on good news; lately it's been about surviving one day at a time. It will get better when the snowdrops start to push up.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95873 Feb 4, 2014
A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub. A genie appears and tells him he has been granted one wish.

The guy thinks for a moment and says, "I want to live forever."

"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."

"OK, then, I want to die after the Democrats balance the budget and eliminate the debt.

"You crafty little bastard," said the genie.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95874 Feb 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You weigh like 90 pounds, you are NOT out of shape. Seen my abs lately? I know I need to exercise more but the fact is, I'm just too dam lazy.
Naturally thin isn't automatically healthy.
I need cardio and toning. Get my blood going.
Timmy

United States

#95875 Feb 4, 2014
You do know that the only President to have balanced the budget in the past several decades was Clinton - a Democrat.
edogxxx wrote:
A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub. A genie appears and tells him he has been granted one wish.
The guy thinks for a moment and says, "I want to live forever."
"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."
"OK, then, I want to die after the Democrats balance the budget and eliminate the debt.
"You crafty little bastard," said the genie.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95876 Feb 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp partially buried in the sand. He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub. A genie appears and tells him he has been granted one wish.

The guy thinks for a moment and says, "I want to live forever."

"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."

"OK, then, I want to die after the Democrats balance the budget and eliminate the debt.

"You crafty little bastard," said the genie.
Ha!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95877 Feb 5, 2014
Timmy wrote:
You do know that the only President to have balanced the budget in the past several decades was Clinton - a Democrat.
<quoted text>
Also, despite all the whining, last years annual budget deficit was $514 billion....the lowest yearly deficit, since President Obama took office.....just sayin....

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95878 Feb 5, 2014
Why does the president get mad when you ask him about his screwups? Oh right, all a fox fabrication of lies. He actually believes his own malarkey, incredible.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95879 Feb 5, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Also, despite all the whining, last years annual budget deficit was $514 billion....the lowest yearly deficit, since President Obama took office.....just sayin....
Correction, 2014 projected, lowest for this administration....

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95880 Feb 5, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Correction, 2014 projected, lowest for this administration....
The CBO has been predicting that this would be the case for quite a number of years. By 2015 the deficit start to grow again. By 2024 our deficits will be over a trillion every year and growing. Interest rates on government bonds likely won't be at historical lows, as they are now too.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95881 Feb 5, 2014
Wouldn't it be easier to just copy/paste your hero's press releases? After all, your quote was a cherry picked 2 line statement out of a scathing report of the future loss of 2.5 million jobs under ACA.

Oh, and I love your hero's quote of how people are going to quit their jobs because the govt will pay for their insurance is "Empowering" them! No longer will they have to work just to provide insurance for their family's, they can just quit and We pay for it, and they get to pursue their dreams..... Yeah, where do I sign up.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Correction, 2014 projected, lowest for this administration....

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95882 Feb 5, 2014
Timmy wrote:
You do know that the only President to have balanced the budget in the past several decades was Clinton - a Democrat.
<quoted text>
At that time, Republicans controlled the Senate and the House and both sides had to compromise.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95883 Feb 5, 2014

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95884 Feb 5, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Realtime 1,602,224
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 242,622
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr honeymylove 11,315
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,582
The Party of Racism. 18 hr Well Well 30
Coffee with Jesus. Sat Ooftus Goofus 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages