Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#95810 Jan 31, 2014
Toj wrote:
Going after bullies and teaching kids that bullying is wrong is not coddling.
I think, though, also teaching kids to stand up for themselves and others in a positive way would be a good thing to add to all the "bully is wrong" teaching.
Telling kids to go to an adult when it happens isn't helping the situation when it's going on. They need the tools on how to deal with a real bully when it's happening.
Like it or not, preteens and teenagers have a lot of angst. You can say "get over it" but they are full of hormones and feelings that they are just not mature enough to know how to fully handle it all.
There's being bullied, and there's being a cry baby. "Wah, Johnny hurt my feelings, wah." That's life, learn to get over it. I might even make the argument that getting bullied is GOOD for kids.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95811 Jan 31, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
So... weekend plans? Superbowl plans?
I'm taking a vacation day on Monday. Not that I'm planning to get wasted for the Super Bowl (although if there was ever a time & event to start smoking pot, this would be it), but my vacation rolled over in August and I haven't taken a single day yet. Gotta start using them.
Tonight: maybe go out for dinner, maybe order in. I've been craving Indian...

Sat: Ice skating lessons in the AM, and if we get the snow they're predicting, sledding in the afternoon. We're all about those winter sports.:D

Sun: We will watch the Puppy Bowl. I could care less about football. Blasphemy, I know.

Have fun on your vacation day! Sleeping in is the best.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#95812 Jan 31, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
So... weekend plans? Superbowl plans?
My mother wants to drag me to church for their "superbowl"-some kind of soup tasting deelio, and meet the new minister, but we're supposed to get like 12 inches of snow on Sat, so I might not be going anywhere

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95813 Jan 31, 2014
Weekend
Helping buddy move on Sat, Sun I wont be able to consume as much beer as normal. I have a meeting with the company owner on Monday, so I ...Shoot, gotta get a haircut.

#95814 Jan 31, 2014
Shoot, cant get haircut, helping buddy move!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95815 Jan 31, 2014
Haircut should take 1/2 tops. Take a 1/2 hour out of the day and get your haircut.

You can still help the person move.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#95816 Jan 31, 2014
That's 1/2 hour tops.

#95817 Jan 31, 2014
Unfortunately not.
Buddy lives 1hr north and moving north from there. I told him I would be there @7:30. Hair person wanted me here @11:30. Cant do both.
Toj wrote:
That's 1/2 hour tops.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95818 Jan 31, 2014
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately not.
Buddy lives 1hr north and moving north from there. I told him I would be there @7:30. Hair person wanted me here @11:30. Cant do both.
Buy a set of clippers and do it yourself. The buzzed look is tres sexy.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95819 Jan 31, 2014
I frickin' love good teachers. Most parents don't thank them, appreciate them or pay them enough.

http://momastery.com/blog/2014/01/30/share-sc...

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95820 Jan 31, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>My mother wants to drag me to church for their "superbowl"-some kind of soup tasting deelio, and meet the new minister, but we're supposed to get like 12 inches of snow on Sat, so I might not be going anywhere
Ugh, don't fall for the church Super Bowl. The booze is way watered down.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95821 Feb 1, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
Ugh, don't fall for the church Super Bowl. The booze is way watered down.
Meh, I'll have Jesus turn the water into beer

AIias - Trish

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#95822 Feb 1, 2014
Hello

I'm not sure exactly why, but I would like to hang in here on occasion. I'll admit I knew absolutely nothing of the place until I saw a link and it concerned an individual I kind of like out here so I came where I was lead.

I'll admit, I've not even attempted to read much of what is in here. I saw the icons above my post and didn't feel at all welcomed (not sure if I got reply), and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another. I'll admit this is a sock -- haha and there's quite an interesting story behind it, but I don't know you ... you don't know me.... Ahhh,mmm so, what do you say?

'
'

Are ya'll excited for the Superbowl Countdown? I am, but I'll admit,... I've not one clue yet where I'll spend it. I do know it will require an overnight bag.
O.o

Transformers 4 Super Bowl

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there. This is a dangerous holiday and we should already know that after 46 years.

;-)

Ciao

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95823 Feb 1, 2014
And just because I'm up and plan on being a shut-in today (glad I stocked up on beer!) Gonna spend the day shoveling and cooking. Who wants spaghetti and nachos!? Cause I plan on making way more than I ever intend to eat

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUHOGSVCBR...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T4DSRCHJRH...

AIias - Trish

Location hidden

#95824 Feb 1, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, I'll have Jesus turn the water into beer
Hi !
Ooohhhh, I so badly want to reply to this, but ... I'm going to wait until I'm invited.

Have a good one.
:)

**chuckle

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95825 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another.
We love newcomers. But sometimes they get scared and run for some reason. Welcome! I'm edog and I'm naked.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95826 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hi !
Ooohhhh, I so badly want to reply to this, but ... I'm going to wait until I'm invited.
Have a good one.
:)
**chuckle
Reply all you want. You don't have to be invited. It's a public forum open to anyone!

AIias - Trish

Location hidden

#95827 Feb 1, 2014
Thank You ... and you are almost too funny, in a naked beast sort of way.

Well,... I know why we run. When we are new, we don't know the rules yet, others wonder, believe and start accusing us of being a sock of an old time poster and then they get paranoid in certain cases and accuse us of being ... alllllll that. DANG !

I came in as gray Trish and listened for a month or better to those wondering why I wasn't registered,.. yet I managed to fit in as well as I did.

I'm a traveler and if we don't learn how to fit in, it get's to be quite a sad and lonely existence on this journey. Ahhh, I'm speaking RW as opposed to this game out here. Haha

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95828 Feb 1, 2014
Traveler, as in Gypsy or Romanee?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#95829 Feb 1, 2014
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hello
I'm not sure exactly why, but I would like to hang in here on occasion. I'll admit I knew absolutely nothing of the place until I saw a link and it concerned an individual I kind of like out here so I came where I was lead.
I'll admit, I've not even attempted to read much of what is in here. I saw the icons above my post and didn't feel at all welcomed (not sure if I got reply), and I know how folks think of newcomers entering a place like this where you are all pretty familiar and comfortable with one another. I'll admit this is a sock -- haha and there's quite an interesting story behind it, but I don't know you ... you don't know me.... Ahhh,mmm so, what do you say?
'
'
Are ya'll excited for the Superbowl Countdown? I am, but I'll admit,... I've not one clue yet where I'll spend it. I do know it will require an overnight bag.
O.o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dajDN_JpnRwXX
Transformers 4 Super Bowl
Hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe out there. This is a dangerous holiday and we should already know that after 46 years.
;-)
Ciao
Everybody is welcome. Some people can't help themselves putting pictures on posts. It goes back to their childhood or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,433,885
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Hill4me 225,481
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min SweLL GirL 9,558
Marine Joint Chiefs Chairman Rejects Obama Plan 35 min BlueAzzholeForever 3
Auto glass repair in chicago 41 min jit 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 50 min RACE 2,090
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 71,064

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages