Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95723 Jan 25, 2014
Take notes waterboy, that's how you fetch a beer!
Learn it, live it, love it.
Angelique770 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go Handsome.
:)
Angelique770

Portland, OR

#95724 Jan 25, 2014
RACE wrote:
Take notes waterboy, that's how you fetch a beer!
Learn it, live it, love it.
<quoted text>
LOL

<3

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95725 Jan 26, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95726 Jan 26, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you can see the commercials on line, I will probably go to a movie timing it so I am home before the end of eh game and the drunks get on the road.
I've never considered that, but you are correct....all the sports bars would be emptying.....Imagine the road rage possibilities...lol....I would never be able to concentrate on the game, at one of those crowded places.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95727 Jan 26, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Thanks Dog.

Be careful out there . The weather is supposed to be brutal and it sounds like your general area will get the brunt of it.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95728 Jan 26, 2014
PEllen wrote:
Be careful out there . The weather is supposed to be brutal and it sounds like your general area will get the brunt of it.
Drove 15 miles over snow-covered roads to dig out my mother, only to find one of her neighbors with a snow-blower already did it!

Some lady was shoveling her driveway so I helped her instead. Didn't want the trip to be a TOTAL waste!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#95729 Jan 26, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So size DOES matter, huh?
that and it's a tubed TV, not flat panel... it's technically a 3rd hand tv; my brother (who owned the house we're in now) got the tv in exchange for forgiveness of debt owed by a friend. The ancillary tvs are smaller flat panels, adn this one is still working ok, so i'm loath to replace it just to get something cooler. i think i'm going to be losing that argument sooner rahter than later. We've taken many trips through Abt "just browsing" the tv section. i think hubby is waiting for me to get sick of his talking about it and tell him 'just get the damn thing...'

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95730 Jan 26, 2014
The Devils and Rangers are playing hockey at Yankee Stadium today. I don't understand why.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95731 Jan 26, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
that and it's a tubed TV, not flat panel... it's technically a 3rd hand tv; my brother (who owned the house we're in now) got the tv in exchange for forgiveness of debt owed by a friend. The ancillary tvs are smaller flat panels, adn this one is still working ok, so i'm loath to replace it just to get something cooler. i think i'm going to be losing that argument sooner rahter than later. We've taken many trips through Abt "just browsing" the tv section. i think hubby is waiting for me to get sick of his talking about it and tell him 'just get the damn thing...'
My brother took my dad directly from the nursing home this morning to Best Buy to get a new TV. Insignia 32"flat screen for $179 on sale at Golf Mill

Des Plaines, IL

#95732 Jan 26, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>My brother took my dad directly from the nursing home this morning to Best Buy to get a new TV. Insignia 32"flat screen for $179 on sale at Golf Mill
i think we'll end up wiht a =/- 55" to go over the fire place wehn we do get one... <shrug> as long as it works, i don't care that much about the particulars... makes hubby crazy that "i'll have" hte best tv & it doesn't matter as much to me...(we have our own spots that we hang out in...)

Des Plaines, IL

#95733 Jan 26, 2014
oh,, taht was supposed to be +/-...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95734 Jan 27, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95735 Jan 27, 2014

“reign in blood”

Melrose Park, IL

#95736 Jan 27, 2014
RACE wrote:
Global warming doesn't just mean the climate is getting warmer, it means the extremes will get more severe. According to the Chicken Little alarmists, that is.

High of -3 here today!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95737 Jan 27, 2014
I've been away and have been behind on Topix. I just read some replies from the advice columns and saw a post from Ang on 1/16. That made me very sad.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95738 Jan 27, 2014
Hi

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95739 Jan 28, 2014

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95740 Jan 28, 2014
Thanks PE!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95741 Jan 29, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95742 Jan 29, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 222,591
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,419,311
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr New Yorker 61,050
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,953
News Boy, 17, among 3 wounded in South Side shooting 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Suboxone 7 hr Sick in Chicago 1
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 8 hr Blood on his hands 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages