Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95702 Jan 24, 2014
Waterboy, I'm thirsty, get me a beer wench!
St Pauli Girl

Deerfield, IL

#95703 Jan 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
A virtual beer from a virtual wench. Coming right up

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95704 Jan 24, 2014
Really looking forward to this Superbowl......Think we have the two best teams,#1 seeds both......Just can't understand the NFL, putting it in the freezing cold of New Jersey....an open stadium? Anyone else, think Goodell is getting outta line?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95705 Jan 24, 2014
(Twist)
(Pop)
(Glug glug glug)
Ahhhhh!
St Pauli Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
A virtual beer from a virtual wench. Coming right up

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95706 Jan 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
(Twist)
(Pop)
(Glug glug glug)
Ahhhhh!
<quoted text>
What? No comment on a rather good , multi level pun?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95708 Jan 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Really looking forward to this Superbowl......Think we have the two best teams,#1 seeds both......Just can't understand the NFL, putting it in the freezing cold of New Jersey....an open stadium? Anyone else, think Goodell is getting outta line?
At least you acknowledged it is in NJ. All of the media keeps calling it the "New York" Super Bowl.

It is not that bad here. Most NFL teams have played in worse conditions (including some of this year's play off games). The fans can suck it up to watch a real football game. This isn't Spring Break.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95709 Jan 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
At least you acknowledged that it is in NJ. The media keeps referring to OT as the "New York" Super Bowl.

It is not that bad here. Most NFL teams have played in worse conditions (including some of this year's playoff games). I remember watching Rich Karlis kick the ball using his bare foot while it was snowing. The fans can suck it up and watch a real football game. This isn't Spring Break.
ScarletandOlive

Indianapolis, IN

#95710 Jan 24, 2014
Ugh... I'm having such a hard time posting. Stupid Topix.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95711 Jan 24, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
lThink we have the two best teams,#1 seeds both
A little "i-chronic" you said "seeds."

So the two states that legalized marijuana are getting together for a...

"SUPER BOWL"...

Location hidden

#95712 Jan 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you acknowledged it is in NJ. All of the media keeps calling it the "New York" Super Bowl.
It is not that bad here. Most NFL teams have played in worse conditions (including some of this year's play off games). The fans can suck it up to watch a real football game. This isn't Spring Break.
But, it is supposed to be a special game....a special Championship event...a showcase....ESPN reports that NY ticket brokers noticing a $500 dollar drop in pricing, across the board....may be an epic fail....not sure many want to suck it up in $450 seats......
Angelique770

Portland, OR

#95713 Jan 24, 2014
RACE wrote:
Here you go Handsome.

:)
ScarletandOlive

Indianapolis, IN

#95714 Jan 24, 2014
Or maybe it Is ridiculous that most fans can't afford this game to begin with. What is so special about it if the people who really support the teams, the ones who buy the merchandise and pay for season tickets, can't watch it in person?

The people who only go to the game because it is in a vacation-type location aren't the real fans. I really don't care about their whining that this winter game is played in the cold.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95715 Jan 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Or maybe it Is ridiculous that most fans can't afford this game to begin with. What is so special about it if the people who really support the teams, the ones who buy the merchandise and pay for season tickets, can't watch it in person?
The people who only go to the game because it is in a vacation-type location aren't the real fans. I really don't care about their whining that this winter game is played in the cold.
True that -- but even if it was in Chicago and Chicago was playing (we need a lot of good drafts to have that happen in the near future), I wouldn't go. You see more on TV in the warmth of a home or bar (wherever you get your group of friends together).

But that's me.

I see those Greenbay fans this year cleaning off the snow before the game in subzero temperatures with awful wind chills and think "Now those are diehard fans!".

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95716 Jan 24, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
i read an article somewhere, not sure where any more, about the airspace around the stadium and how the security-required closing of said airspace during and just after the game will affect how quickly people can fly out afterwards... Teterboro doesn't have enough parking space, so the small planes will have to go to Westchester and other secondary airports to hang out during the game. Also, the weather conditions will most likely require de-icing and longer take off intervals, further delaying the exodus.

I almost spewed pop on my lap top when i read that...

meanwhile hubby won't have anyone over to watch the game because of a case of tv inadequacy...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95717 Jan 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
meanwhile hubby won't have anyone over to watch the game because of a case of tv inadequacy...
So size DOES matter, huh?

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95718 Jan 24, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>i read an article somewhere, not sure where any more, about the airspace around the stadium and how the security-required closing of said airspace during and just after the game will affect how quickly people can fly out afterwards... Teterboro doesn't have enough parking space, so the small planes will have to go to Westchester and other secondary airports to hang out during the game. Also, the weather conditions will most likely require de-icing and longer take off intervals, further delaying the exodus.

I almost spewed pop on my lap top when i read that...

Did you read that they expect 80 percent of ticket holders to use public transportation to the meadowlands because most of the parking lot is being used by the media? That made me laugh.

My husband starts working security over there tomorrow.

Location hidden

#95719 Jan 25, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So size DOES matter, huh?
Saw a 75" HDTV, last week...$3,000...Too greedy?....Our next one, is gonna be a Smart model, that interacts with the computers....We are happy with our 47" for now...lol...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95720 Jan 25, 2014

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95721 Jan 25, 2014
We'll be watching the puppy/kitty bowl.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95722 Jan 25, 2014
squishymama wrote:
We'll be watching the puppy/kitty bowl.
Now that you can see the commercials on line, I will probably go to a movie timing it so I am home before the end of eh game and the drunks get on the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Leeward Outlier 222,756
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,420,126
Jesus Christ is alive 23 min grounded in reali... 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 24 min honeymylove 2,429
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min Ize Found 70,974
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Into The Night 61,076
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 3 hr Say NO 2 Idiots 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages