#95655 Jan 22, 2014

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95656 Jan 22, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be your best pun ever, P.
Yeah, I was rather proud of that one myself.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95657 Jan 22, 2014
Tonka, Matilda and Squishy, I sent you guys a message that night. If you didn't get it, let me know

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95658 Jan 22, 2014
I got it, PE. Just haven't had time to respond.

Will try to soon.
LW ONE

Hoffman Estates, IL

#95659 Jan 22, 2014
Dear Abby,

I am a member of a group of imaginary people who gather each day on the internet to discuss the dilemmas presented in your column. Don't get a big head, as we also do this for Ask Amy. Anyway, one of the senior imaginary persons in the group has made a HUGE deal out of contacting SOME members of the group via personal message but NOT others! I'm a bit put out by this. What gives her the right to do this? Anyone with a lick of sense knows when they get a 'PM' from someone whether it is on Topix or Facebook or any other social media. For all I know she has sent out actual mail and even taken out newspaper ads alerting SELECT PEOPLE to her 'private message'. What's the point of a PERSONAL message if you go everywhere on the internet ANNOUNCING THAT YOU SENT SOMEONE A PERSONAL MESSAGE...while not sending others...anything....?

I guess my question is, is this sort of passive-aggressive messaging here to stay or is this just a cry for help?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95660 Jan 22, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I was rather proud of that one myself.
There is a meme (I think that's the right word) going around FB with different animals using puns to communicate. Makes me think of you every time I see it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95661 Jan 22, 2014
LW ONE;
you are not an actual "Member" of any group, imaginary or otherwise. You are just a "Lurker" and therefore not afforded the full rights a member enjoys.
There is no record of any dues being paid by you, nor are there any witnesses to vouch for your membership into said group.
Simply put, your are not on a need to know basis, and leaving you in the dark about such things is exactly where the group likes you.
Hope this clears that up.
LW ONE wrote:
Dear Abby,
I am a member of a group of imaginary people who gather each day on the internet to discuss the dilemmas presented in your column. Don't get a big head, as we also do this for Ask Amy. Anyway, one of the senior imaginary persons in the group has made a HUGE deal out of contacting SOME members of the group via personal message but NOT others! I'm a bit put out by this. What gives her the right to do this? Anyone with a lick of sense knows when they get a 'PM' from someone whether it is on Topix or Facebook or any other social media. For all I know she has sent out actual mail and even taken out newspaper ads alerting SELECT PEOPLE to her 'private message'. What's the point of a PERSONAL message if you go everywhere on the internet ANNOUNCING THAT YOU SENT SOMEONE A PERSONAL MESSAGE...while not sending others...anything....?
I guess my question is, is this sort of passive-aggressive messaging here to stay or is this just a cry for help?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95662 Jan 22, 2014
LW One, we don't know eachother, but i can wholly assure you, that PEllen's mission is totally honorable.....
LW ONE

Hoffman Estates, IL

#95663 Jan 22, 2014
RACE wrote:
LW ONE;
you are not an actual "Member" of any group, imaginary or otherwise. You are just a "Lurker" and therefore not afforded the full rights a member enjoys.
There is no record of any dues being paid by you, nor are there any witnesses to vouch for your membership into said group.
Simply put, your are not on a need to know basis, and leaving you in the dark about such things is exactly where the group likes you.
<quoted text>
So....you're saying you not only liked the Jerk Store, you liked it so much you bought the company!

I didn't get the memo!

Imagine that!
Cry for help

Tucker, GA

#95664 Jan 22, 2014
LW ONE wrote:
Dear Abby,

She's probably sending out a private message cause of you are a pos and no one likes or wants anything to do with you or wants you involved in anything.

#95665 Jan 22, 2014
No, I did not say anything like that, you just did.
I only said you are not part of the group.
LW ONE wrote:
<quoted text>So....you're saying you not only liked the Jerk Store, you liked it so much you bought the company!
I didn't get the memo!
Imagine that!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95666 Jan 22, 2014
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>LW ONE;
I <3 you
LW ONE

Hoffman Estates, IL

#95667 Jan 22, 2014
RACE wrote:
No, I did not say anything like that, you just did.
I only said you are not part of the group.
<quoted text>
Well, I don't think I'd be a member of any club that would have YOU as a member!

Good day, m'am!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#95668 Jan 22, 2014
LW ONE: You're a total @$$. Enjoy your Pity Party of 1.

#95669 Jan 22, 2014
Then quit your whining missy.
LW ONE wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I don't think I'd be a member of any club that would have YOU as a member!
Good day, m'am!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95670 Jan 22, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please contact me . Dog and some of the people who are on FB know how to reach me.
Thanks
Dog sent me your email addy and I sent you a message...no reply.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95671 Jan 22, 2014
ROFL
Someone's feeling left out...
If you were a true lurker (amateur) you would know what has happened and why PEllen is trying to get an important and time-sensitive message to all.
LW ONE

Hoffman Estates, IL

#95672 Jan 22, 2014
RACE wrote:
Then quit your whining missy.
<quoted text>
You seem angry, like you recently discovered that someone you had been awful to here turned out to be someone from your past here....i'm seeing this person as a poor typist....good-hearted liberal...you with lot's of anger...embarrassed at the realization that you were emotionally abusing a nice person of better standing in the gang than you....

Interesting...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95673 Jan 22, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog sent me your email addy and I sent you a message...no reply.
Have him verify the address because I didn't see anything in my inbox from you.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#95674 Jan 23, 2014
Good morning All! It is still in the single digits here, but the boys are back to school today :)

I had a dream about Angela last night (no, not that kind of dream). I woke up excited to tell her about it and then it hit me that she's not going to respond. I literally felt like I had the wind knocked out of me.

Must go out and do something kind and/or irreverent now. This day will get better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Hill4Me 225,673
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,432,266
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,693
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 2,066
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2,549
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr PEllen 3,187
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Mothra 61,479

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages