Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I feel that I am a better person for knowing her. I share grief with the group for the loss of a wonderful person.
Cycle. It's been awhile. For those who don't know, and in honor of Angela who was brave and would never let a bully get to her, It's me -- Terri/Mary/Typo Terri.(Yes PEllen you were correct but I didn't want to say just then.) We were wondering how you were.

I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances we are hearing from you. Hope everything is okay with you.

People on here do touch our lives. Like Angela had in a big way.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Ferrerman wrote:
Well, that's sad news. Though she twice publically wished for my own death (that I know of) and often displayed undue, anti-Ferrerman sentiment, she wasn't that bad of a person at all. Really, she was a good liberal and that's to be appreciated in times like these when others are so obsessed with hate. She was a pretty good imaginary person and probably a nice one in real life.
Notwithstanding the judging icons, a grudging encomium is still praise. Good.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Ha! I had no clue! You are so annoying as TOJ!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Cycle. It's been awhile. For those who don't know, and in honor of Angela who was brave and would never let a bully get to her, It's me -- Terri/Mary/Typo Terri.(Yes PEllen you were correct but I didn't want to say just then.) We were wondering how you were.
I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances we are hearing from you. Hope everything is okay with you.
People on here do touch our lives. Like Angela had in a big way.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

anonymous ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Toj" tricked me by NOT displaying strong, anti-Ferrerman sentiment! Well played, Teri!
Return the favor.Please.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Well, you sure sent me to the dictionary! But, I learned a new $20 word. I don't fret the icons. They bare the same whether I post a "grudging encomium" or a good Steely Dan video. It's just someone's sad, anti-Ferrerman sentiment.
So, Toj is Teri. I had that thought at one point but "Toj" tricked me by NOT displaying strong, anti-Ferrerman sentiment! Well played, Teri!
In reality, you sometimes make very excellent points. Unfortunately, many times the posts with good points are bathed in scathing comments/opinions to someone/something and then the good point gets lost.

I am learning to try to stay on the subject matter and mostly ignore posts that do not add anything helpful to people or the discussion. It's still a work in progress, however.
Pippa

Hancock, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

I rarely visit this site but for some reason, I decided to look in and see what you folks have been up to. I am so sorry to hear about Angela. Even though I never met her in real life, I always enjoyed reading her comments on the Amy and Abby columns. She seemed to be a lovely person I'd have liked to know in "real" life as opposed to simply online. I send my condolences to all of you. I will certainly miss her comments in Topix.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Heh, Just turned on my Zune, Shuffle all.....Queen, You're my best friend is first song....
tiredofit

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

My condolences to Nick the family and friends. I did notice that Redhead had not been posting much lately and was sad this morning to hear of her passing. She was a real pistol and I am going to miss her posts.
idiota

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Well, yeah. But, you have to look around the room sometimes. It can be a hostile crowd. I tend to give better than I get when it comes to that and that often lingers with some.
It is a hostile crowd here and everywhere you happen to be because few enjoy being around a worthless pos like you.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

In honor of Angela's not-technologically-inclimed memory. Someone (cough Tonka cough) please tell my why I keep getting a "we can't play that video please try another one or try back later" message from Netflix. I talked to netflix, didn't fix the problem. Reset the tv/uninstalled/re-installed the netflix app. It's a Samsung smart tv with its own wi-fi.
Angelique770

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”

&#8213; Thomas Campbell

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Mimi Seattle wrote:
In honor of Angela's not-technologically-inclimed memory. Someone (cough Tonka cough) please tell my why I keep getting a "we can't play that video please try another one or try back later" message from Netflix. I talked to netflix, didn't fix the problem. Reset the tv/uninstalled/re-installed the netflix app. It's a Samsung smart tv with its own wi-fi.
No clue. Not a netflix subscriber

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Mimi Seattle wrote:
I have two Samsung smart tvs. Sometimes the Samsung Smarthub system has problems. I am guessing that is what the problem is. We rent a lot of movies on Amazon and occasionally will have a problem.
PP So Small

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

Oh my....
That's what she said!
Blunt Advice

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

I am very sorry to hear of Angela's illness and passing. Although I don't post often on the Dear Amy and Abby boards anymore(used to years back but then went back to work and now have internet on cell). I do know she was a fun and good person. My thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends including all of you.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

This lovefest would make Red puke!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Judged:

PP So Small wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what she said!
Let's not make it about him today. That's what he wants.

His only post about Angela mostly concerned him and her being yet another person (on top of the mountain of other folks) who wronged him. He wastes no opportunity to make it about him. So, turn on ignore and stop feeding him, please.

Let's make it about Angela and her memory.

Thanks.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

(puts on tinfoil hat)
I cant prove it of course, but I swear it's Netflix throttling your bandwith down.
It happens to me, and I wind up having to unplug my router to force a new IP address to make it work again.
(takes tinfoil hat off)
Mimi Seattle wrote:

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2014

Cycle! Are you back for good or just stopping by? We've missed you.

Today has been so surreal. It started with a 5am text and lots of tears, but I had so much to get done today - thank goodness. I'm the kind of person who needs distraction from sad stuff. I got a new car today so I'm glad to have that done, but it took forever. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted and will raise a glass in Angela's memory this evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,921 - 93,940 of97,451
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min LOL 1,072,710
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 5 min meme 16
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Lord Hater 45,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grand Birther 173,710
Review: Napa Auto Parts 2 hr TJSR 1
Feds Investigate “Racist” Depiction of Obama as... 3 hr Zombie Bama 1
Amy July 12 3 hr PEllen 6
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 3:21PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs