Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95496 Jan 19, 2014
Angela's health is declining pretty rapidly. Me and a few other former regs had planned a trip to MN at the end of Feb/beginning of March but I doubt we'll get to see her.:( I'm in touch with her close friend M so if anyone wants to pass along any sentiments or send a card or anything, let me know.

This whole situation breaks my heart.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95497 Jan 19, 2014
:(

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95498 Jan 19, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Angela's health is declining pretty rapidly. Me and a few other former regs had planned a trip to MN at the end of Feb/beginning of March but I doubt we'll get to see her.:( I'm in touch with her close friend M so if anyone wants to pass along any sentiments or send a card or anything, let me know.
This whole situation breaks my heart.
I've been watching CB, and have posted off & on.

do you know of any requests for "in lieu of flowers, donations to...."? Also, i posted on CB a request for the playlist of the CDs she was planning on making... I'm interested to get it so that I can raise a glass in tribute, and to say hi when i hear one of the songs. I've taken to tweeting her a greeting when i hear a Queen song...

Can you pass along greetings & hugs to the support crew too?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95499 Jan 19, 2014
Mimi Seattle wrote:
I haven't been around for a while so I'm not sure how up to date everyone is, but just in case, Angela has been moved to hospice care. They are saying she has about a week.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/angelanims/...
Wow...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95500 Jan 20, 2014
For those who know Angela (Redheadwglasses), please go onto CaringBridge or please see Chad's message on Facebook. For those who don't know Ang, please go on CaringBridge, too. You can learn about one amazing woman.

caringbridge.org/visit/angelanims

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95501 Jan 20, 2014
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. I go to prepare a place for you. I will come back and take you to be with me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95502 Jan 20, 2014
She fought cancer with more dignity, grace, and humor than anyone I've ever known. Rest in peace, friend.

West Palm Beach, FL

#95503 Jan 20, 2014
We miss you already, friend.
:(

West Palm Beach, FL

#95504 Jan 20, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. I go to prepare a place for you. I will come back and take you to be with me.
Thank you.

West Palm Beach, FL

#95505 Jan 20, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
She fought cancer with more dignity, grace, and humor than anyone I've ever known. Rest in peace, friend.
Hear, hear.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95506 Jan 20, 2014
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted

God speed, Angela Nims. God speed

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#95507 Jan 20, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95508 Jan 20, 2014
Rest In Peace, Angela................

Oakland, CA

#95509 Jan 20, 2014
It is so hard to believe our Angela is gone. I have learned so much from her especially the way she fought this battle. An amazingly strong, funny, fun, smart, brazen woman. She will be missed.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95510 Jan 20, 2014
I agree, Union Maid. There is no way I could have met cancer the way she did. I am amazed at her strength, dignity, inclusion and the fierceness way she lived her life.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#95511 Jan 20, 2014
I will miss Angela's honesty and humor. And when my time comes, I hope I can face it the way she did, never losing either.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95512 Jan 20, 2014
It is amazing how strong relationships can grow, even virtually. Do you ever catch yourself in a situation and think "this is how X-Topix friend would respond"? Even though I wouldn't know most of you if you ran me over with your bike, I value your friendship.

This morning I am sad and angry that Angela is gone. Her humor and willingness to let so many into her life and share her journey was awesome (in the original sense of the word).

Still, this is a sh*tty start to the week.
EEE

Chicago, IL

#95513 Jan 20, 2014
All our lives are fuller for having known Angela.

I hope to hold her wisdom and humor in my heart for the rest of my life and live with honesty, love, and irreverence.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#95514 Jan 20, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
It is amazing how strong relationships can grow, even virtually. Do you ever catch yourself in a situation and think "this is how X-Topix friend would respond"? Even though I wouldn't know most of you if you ran me over with your bike, I value your friendship.
This morning I am sad and angry that Angela is gone. Her humor and willingness to let so many into her life and share her journey was awesome (in the original sense of the word).
I am just a wreck. I can't stop crying. There was nothing imaginary about her friendship. She has been there for me through the years and like you said it was a strong friendship.

The end just went SO fast. The only consolation I take from it is that it wasn't a long drawn out passing. It went too fast, but hopefully with as little suffering as possible. If that makes any sense. I'm still pretty numb.

And, yeah I echo the shi**y way to start the week.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95515 Jan 20, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Totally know what you mean...and if you find yourself explaining your Topix friendships to someone else, you quickly realize that you sound a little crazy.

I thought she had more time...she was posting just a few days ago. But, knowing that things were going downhill so quickly the past few days, I am glad that she didn't linger very long, both for her sake and for those closest to her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 1-29 3 min PEllen 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,173,485
Abby 1-29 7 min Sublime1 5
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min SpaceBlues 50,426
Abby 1-28 17 min Sublime1 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 183,870
Amy 1-28 23 min Sublime1 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games