N obody
G ave
E verything
L ike you.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#95520 Jan 20, 2014
I found Angela to be a very strong and dignified and caring woman.
I am profoundly saddened and will memorialize her in my heart.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95521 Jan 20, 2014
Ditto,
She's the one who got me to give them a good listen to and made me a convert.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'll never hear a Queen song again without thinking of her

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95522 Jan 20, 2014
Sad, sad, news.

Since: Jun 09

Sun Prairie, WI

#95523 Jan 20, 2014
EEE wrote:
All our lives are fuller for having known Angela.
I hope to hold her wisdom and humor in my heart for the rest of my life and live with honesty, love, and irreverence.
I agree. I feel that I am a better person for knowing her. I share grief with the group for the loss of a wonderful person.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#95524 Jan 20, 2014
cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I feel that I am a better person for knowing her. I share grief with the group for the loss of a wonderful person.
Cycle!!! <3

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95525 Jan 20, 2014
Not sure which lyric fits better right now... Queen's "she's my best friend" or Miss Congeniality's "she's beauty and she's grace, she's miss united states" as the stage is crumbling around the pageant.

I enjoyed reading her comments, especially the way she cut the crap, and i'm beyond amazed at how many of her imaginary friends have come out to support her, her family (including/especially Nick) and her RL friends. I can only dream of having that many friends - real or imaginary! She faced these last few months, weeks and days with a special grace that i hope we can all learn from. Thank you, Angela and crew, for sharing this journey with us...

God speed. See you on the other side!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95526 Jan 20, 2014
Bye Red.

The angels you were named for have taken you home.

You will be missed

Pelly

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95527 Jan 20, 2014
We lost AndieJ this time of year, in early February 2011,too

Too many voices stilled, too soon.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95528 Jan 20, 2014
:(

It really accelerated...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95530 Jan 20, 2014
cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I feel that I am a better person for knowing her. I share grief with the group for the loss of a wonderful person.
Cycle. It's been awhile. For those who don't know, and in honor of Angela who was brave and would never let a bully get to her, It's me -- Terri/Mary/Typo Terri.(Yes PEllen you were correct but I didn't want to say just then.) We were wondering how you were.

I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances we are hearing from you. Hope everything is okay with you.

People on here do touch our lives. Like Angela had in a big way.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95531 Jan 20, 2014
Ferrerman wrote:
Well, that's sad news. Though she twice publically wished for my own death (that I know of) and often displayed undue, anti-Ferrerman sentiment, she wasn't that bad of a person at all. Really, she was a good liberal and that's to be appreciated in times like these when others are so obsessed with hate. She was a pretty good imaginary person and probably a nice one in real life.
Notwithstanding the judging icons, a grudging encomium is still praise. Good.

#95532 Jan 20, 2014
Ha! I had no clue! You are so annoying as TOJ!
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Cycle. It's been awhile. For those who don't know, and in honor of Angela who was brave and would never let a bully get to her, It's me -- Terri/Mary/Typo Terri.(Yes PEllen you were correct but I didn't want to say just then.) We were wondering how you were.
I'm sorry that it's under these circumstances we are hearing from you. Hope everything is okay with you.
People on here do touch our lives. Like Angela had in a big way.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95535 Jan 20, 2014
anonymous ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Toj" tricked me by NOT displaying strong, anti-Ferrerman sentiment! Well played, Teri!
Return the favor.Please.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95536 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>Well, you sure sent me to the dictionary! But, I learned a new $20 word. I don't fret the icons. They bare the same whether I post a "grudging encomium" or a good Steely Dan video. It's just someone's sad, anti-Ferrerman sentiment.
So, Toj is Teri. I had that thought at one point but "Toj" tricked me by NOT displaying strong, anti-Ferrerman sentiment! Well played, Teri!
In reality, you sometimes make very excellent points. Unfortunately, many times the posts with good points are bathed in scathing comments/opinions to someone/something and then the good point gets lost.

I am learning to try to stay on the subject matter and mostly ignore posts that do not add anything helpful to people or the discussion. It's still a work in progress, however.
Pippa

Hancock, NY

#95538 Jan 20, 2014
I rarely visit this site but for some reason, I decided to look in and see what you folks have been up to. I am so sorry to hear about Angela. Even though I never met her in real life, I always enjoyed reading her comments on the Amy and Abby columns. She seemed to be a lovely person I'd have liked to know in "real" life as opposed to simply online. I send my condolences to all of you. I will certainly miss her comments in Topix.

#95539 Jan 20, 2014
Heh, Just turned on my Zune, Shuffle all.....Queen, You're my best friend is first song....
tiredofit

Los Angeles, CA

#95540 Jan 20, 2014
My condolences to Nick the family and friends. I did notice that Redhead had not been posting much lately and was sad this morning to hear of her passing. She was a real pistol and I am going to miss her posts.
idiota

Tucker, GA

#95541 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>Well, yeah. But, you have to look around the room sometimes. It can be a hostile crowd. I tend to give better than I get when it comes to that and that often lingers with some.
It is a hostile crowd here and everywhere you happen to be because few enjoy being around a worthless pos like you.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#95542 Jan 20, 2014
In honor of Angela's not-technologically-inclimed memory. Someone (cough Tonka cough) please tell my why I keep getting a "we can't play that video please try another one or try back later" message from Netflix. I talked to netflix, didn't fix the problem. Reset the tv/uninstalled/re-installed the netflix app. It's a Samsung smart tv with its own wi-fi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 2 min RACE 6,419
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,395,334
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min RACE 8,890
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Dr Guru 216,784
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,674
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,699
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr 2all 60,098
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages