#95422 Jan 16, 2014
ok, fixing typo's
Oh WAIT CBS...

He is NOT...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95423 Jan 16, 2014
Great, come back and never tell us all about it!
Stina2 wrote:
Found out yeterday I get to go to Vegas next week for work! Never been!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95424 Jan 16, 2014
Well, just found out what I'm doing this weekend: car shopping.
:(

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95425 Jan 16, 2014
RACE wrote:
Ha, I just realized you cant see the original post I made, so here it is again
Lighten up dude, I was not trying to insult you.
No, I dont read business news, nor do I watch golf, or paint dry.
I am only saying that no matter how rosy a picture is being painted in the media, what I hear from the folks in the trenches is that the economy is not this wonderful thing. In fact, the people I talk with tell me its in the toilet.
But I guess my empirical evidence is to be ignored next to a smoke and mirror statistical machine. Instead of reading made up numbers, go to the the unemployment office or a job fair, learn the truth by seeing it with your own eyes. Otherwise your blather is as meaningless as what you paint my words to be.
<quoted text>
This is a nice thread, and i even have family on here.....that is the only thing that keeps me from presenting tons of evidence on how far this economy has recovered.........since GW walked out the White House door!.....Is it Optimal? Absolutely not, and it NEVER is!......I was in business for years, so it is something i follow, along with investments...."made up numbers"? Really?.....kinda snotty and petty,eh?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95426 Jan 16, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Well, just found out what I'm doing this weekend: car shopping.
:(
Sorry to hear. Get one a little more... water resistant.

Had to get a new phone today. Other one crapped out yesterday. Dude at T mobile thought it might be the battery, I wasn't so sure. And since they of course don't sell batteries at the store, he said to charge it overnight and see if that does anything. Nope. So I called Radio Shack this morning to see if they have the battery I need. No, that battery is only available online. Might take a couple days to get it. And the last thing I needed was to wait for a new battery and have that not even be the problem. So I went back to T mobile, and they said I can warranty my phone out and get another one -it's insured- but THAT would take a day or so. If I had a land-line, it might not be such a big deal -I've gone nearly 30 years without a cell phone. But since it's my ONLY form of communication, I just couldn't go three or four days without it. Eh, it was almost two years old, figured it was time to upgrade anyway. And yay, got to spend another 400 dollars I don't have.

And I'm waiting on the plumber because the drain in my 30 year old kitchen sink busted. He said he'd be here at 3:30 so I rushed home, and an hour later he ain't here yet.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95427 Jan 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
This is a nice thread, and i even have family on here.....that is the only thing that keeps me from presenting tons of evidence on how far this economy has recovered.........since GW walked out the White House door!.....Is it Optimal? Absolutely not, and it NEVER is!......I was in business for years, so it is something i follow, along with investments...."made up numbers"? Really?.....kinda snotty and petty,eh?
Had a lengthy discussion about this with one of the engineers, brilliant man, at work just today. Because of free trade and corporate tax breaks, the manufacturing jobs we've lost are NOT coming back. And once Obamacare is in full swing, that's just gonna pull more money OUT of the economy. The way the very system is designed, things are only gonna get worse. The upside is, the pendulum is swinging toward Republicans taking total control of Congress, and many of them have brilliant ideas about how to get America back on it's feet, and Obama will basically be rendered useless and ineffective by the veto power Congress will have.

Also, isn't extending unemployment benefits basically Obama's acknowledgement that the economy is NOT improving??

Location hidden

#95428 Jan 16, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a lengthy discussion about this with one of the engineers, brilliant man, at work just today. Because of free trade and corporate tax breaks, the manufacturing jobs we've lost are NOT coming back. And once Obamacare is in full swing, that's just gonna pull more money OUT of the economy. The way the very system is designed, things are only gonna get worse. The upside is, the pendulum is swinging toward Republicans taking total control of Congress, and many of them have brilliant ideas about how to get America back on it's feet, and Obama will basically be rendered useless and ineffective by the veto power Congress will have.
Also, isn't extending unemployment benefits basically Obama's acknowledgement that the economy is NOT improving??
Just for you.....TRADE GAP FALLS 12.9%, LOWEST LEVEL SINCE '09.....AP(1-8-14) Washington - The U.S. trade deficit fell in November to it's lowest level in four years, an encouraging sign that economic growth in the final three months was stronger than analysts had expected.....Gains in energy production and stronger sale of American made airplanes, autos and machinery lifted exports TO AN ALL-TIME HIGH.....The trade gap dropped 12.9 percent in November to $34.3 billion, the Commerce Department said Tuesday. That's the lowest monthly trade deficit since October 2009.....

Location hidden

#95429 Jan 16, 2014
Sorry for the rest of the posters on here.....i apologize, but i just can't stand by, while others deny the reality of the day, for something as trivial as partisan politics.....FOOTBALL is something more serious....I have Seahawks and Broncos in the SB....How bout you guys?.....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95430 Jan 16, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sorry for the rest of the posters on here.....i apologize, but i just can't stand by, while others deny the reality of the day, for something as trivial as partisan politics.....FOOTBALL is something more serious....I have Seahawks and Broncos in the SB....How bout you guys?.....
Broncos over Niners

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95431 Jan 16, 2014
Yeah, we try to keep things non-political, just can't always hold my tongue when people cheer about the pretend recovery.

Remember that one Monster Jobs commercial about a bunch of chimpanzees in suits in a boardroom dancing and cheering in front of a graph showing an upswing? Then a dude walks in and says "Guys, you're looking at this graph upside-down." Then he turns it over. "Sales are actually DOWN." When the celebration ends, a chimpanzee turns the graph upside-down again, and they all begin cheering again?

That's how I view liberals.

No matter how bad it is, under their president, they pretend things are great. Would Bush get away with half of this?

Thought for the day.

Anyway, since the Bears are out, Browns are out, Vikings are out, I don't really give a f$%(k about the superbowl.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95432 Jan 16, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Yeah, we try to keep things non-political, just can't always hold my tongue when people cheer about the pretend recovery.
Remember that one Monster Jobs commercial about a bunch of chimpanzees in suits in a boardroom dancing and cheering in front of a graph showing an upswing? Then a dude walks in and says "Guys, you're looking at this graph upside-down." Then he turns it over. "Sales are actually DOWN." When the celebration ends, a chimpanzee turns the graph upside-down again, and they all begin cheering again?
No matter how bad it is, under their president, they pretend things are great. Would Bush get away with half of this?
Thought for the day.
Anyway, since the Bears are out, Browns are out, Vikings are out, I don't really give a f$%(k about the superbowl.
Every side spins the numbers, Dog, no matter what political label you choose.

It was bad in the fall of 2008, worse in 2009 and better now. How much of that is a normal economic cycle and how much is due to government intervention?

The stock market has more value now than in January 2009. That is an objective number that reflects a lot of people's investments regardless of any other measurement. You can't spin the S&P 500 number.

Location hidden

#95433 Jan 16, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Broncos over Niners
Good pick, but can the 49ers survive the 12th man?....Seattle is hell to play, as a visiting team....I'd just kinda like to see Peyton win a 2nd SB.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95434 Jan 16, 2014
Hey pde-

I just noticed your ISP location changed. Are you visiting or have you made the move?

United States

#95435 Jan 16, 2014
Go Seahawks!

Yes, an amphibious vehicle is what I want next.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95436 Jan 16, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Go Seahawks!
Not a chance. Only team left without a Seminole on the roster. Going up against THREE! Anquan Boldin gonna have them for lunch.

West Palm Beach, FL

#95437 Jan 16, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not a chance. Only team left without a Seminole on the roster. Going up against THREE! Anquan Boldin gonna have them for lunch.
All the more reason to root for them.

;)
A noted pundit

Rolling Meadows, IL

#95438 Jan 16, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Thought for the day.
I think most of your posts are non-political. Same with racist. Just vicious hate speech. Nothing political at all.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95439 Jan 17, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95440 Jan 17, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95441 Jan 17, 2014
A noted pundit wrote:
I think most of your posts are non-political. Same with racist. Just vicious hate speech. Nothing political at all.
Ha! Look who's talking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,110,949
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min litesong 46,842
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Cancer On The pRe... 178,214
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min Cali Girl 2014 49,940
Abby 9-22 1 hr Mister Tonka 9
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Good job 4,035
Abby 9-21-14 2 hr PEllen 9
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago