Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95440 Jan 17, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95441 Jan 17, 2014
A noted pundit wrote:
I think most of your posts are non-political. Same with racist. Just vicious hate speech. Nothing political at all.
Ha! Look who's talking!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95442 Jan 17, 2014
Not snotty or petty, statistics are by definition made up numbers.

Your the one being petty. And I was not comparing the messiah's numbers to GW, I am saying RIGHT NOW, so quit trying to spin it as anything else. Your trying to say the economy is better that it was, and I am saying that it does not matter because it still stinks.
Just because you say it stinks less now than it did before, does not mean that it does not still stink.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> This is a nice thread, and i even have family on here.....that is the only thing that keeps me from presenting tons of evidence on how far this economy has recovered.........since GW walked out the White House door!.....Is it Optimal? Absolutely not, and it NEVER is!......I was in business for years, so it is something i follow, along with investments...."made up numbers"? Really?.....kinda snotty and petty,eh?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95443 Jan 17, 2014
RACE wrote:
Not snotty or petty, statistics are by definition made up numbers.
Your the one being petty. And I was not comparing the messiah's numbers to GW, I am saying RIGHT NOW, so quit trying to spin it as anything else. Your trying to say the economy is better that it was, and I am saying that it does not matter because it still stinks.
Just because you say it stinks less now than it did before, does not mean that it does not still stink.
<quoted text>
No, but it is solid proof that the economy has vastly improved....remaining uninformed on our economy, because you hate this President, sure means something.....
Timmy

United States

#95444 Jan 17, 2014
Since both of you are in South Florida, how about you meet up for a drinking contest to settle this?
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> No, but it is solid proof that the economy has vastly improved....remaining uninformed on our economy, because you hate this President, sure means something.....

Location hidden

#95445 Jan 17, 2014
Timmy wrote:
Since both of you are in South Florida, how about you meet up for a drinking contest to settle this?
<quoted text>
I only drink at home, as DUI is a much bigger catastrophe, than when i was younger.....can't imagine losing my licence, especially since my wife does'nt drive...lol...How would i get those 50 lb bags of dogfood home?...lol.......

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95446 Jan 17, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I only drink at home, as DUI is a much bigger catastrophe, than when i was younger.....can't imagine losing my licence, especially since my wife does'nt drive...lol...How would i get those 50 lb bags of dogfood home?...lol.......
Amazon?

#95447 Jan 17, 2014
I dont hate the president, I hate the economy and obammacare.
During WWII the unemployment rate was zero, so by your logic the economy is in terrible shape compared to that. And that my friend is why statistics are made up numbers.

Your claim of how rosy the economy is flawed and its truth is tied to what flavor kool aid you like. Insisting things are great simply because you refuse to admit that our president is not the chosen one is myopic. He's just a man, and a flawed one at that. And 7% of Americans cant find work, so go tell them how great everything is and how wonderful the president is.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> No, but it is solid proof that the economy has vastly improved....remaining uninformed on our economy, because you hate this President, sure means something.....
Timmy

Hollywood, FL

#95448 Jan 17, 2014
Maybe when J_M_W gets her new car, she could be the judge/referee and also show off the car by driving the contestants home.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I only drink at home, as DUI is a much bigger catastrophe, than when i was younger.....can't imagine losing my licence, especially since my wife does'nt drive...lol...How would i get those 50 lb bags of dogfood home?...lol.......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95449 Jan 17, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Go Seahawks!
Yes, an amphibious vehicle is what I want next.
What kind are you looking at? Will you get any money from insurance?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95450 Jan 17, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazon?
(Tour guide voice) And here we have an excellent example of The Generation Gap.
Now moving on to the next series of exhibits....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95451 Jan 17, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
(Tour guide voice) And here we have an excellent example of The Generation Gap.
Now moving on to the next series of exhibits....
Naw. Not that much of a gap. I'm just more of an online shopper. Why go out and haul it back when it can just come to me in the first place?

#95453 Jan 17, 2014
I dont shop online, I hate the thought of my info out in cyberspace. I suppose if I got a card that had a limit that I could top off again (do they make pre-paid refillable debit cards?), which would limit my loss, I might be more inclined.
I get my daughter to buy me stuff on ebay with her account (pay-pal?) and I give her the money with a finders fee included.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw. Not that much of a gap. I'm just more of an online shopper. Why go out and haul it back when it can just come to me in the first place?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95454 Jan 17, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind are you looking at? Will you get any money from insurance?
Yeah, I'm getting a decent amount. No idea what to get next yet. I have to do a bunch of searching and research.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95456 Jan 17, 2014
RACE wrote:
I dont shop online, I hate the thought of my info out in cyberspace. I suppose if I got a card that had a limit that I could top off again (do they make pre-paid refillable debit cards?), which would limit my loss, I might be more inclined.
I get my daughter to buy me stuff on ebay with her account (pay-pal?) and I give her the money with a finders fee included.
<quoted text>
Do you strictly use cash in your everyday life, grandpa? Cause if you don't, your info is "out in cyberspace" anyway.

Location hidden

#95457 Jan 17, 2014
RACE wrote:
I dont hate the president, I hate the economy and obammacare.
During WWII the unemployment rate was zero, so by your logic the economy is in terrible shape compared to that. And that my friend is why statistics are made up numbers.
Your claim of how rosy the economy is flawed and its truth is tied to what flavor kool aid you like. Insisting things are great simply because you refuse to admit that our president is not the chosen one is myopic. He's just a man, and a flawed one at that. And 7% of Americans cant find work, so go tell them how great everything is and how wonderful the president is.
<quoted text>
My claim of how rosy the economy is?....Really?....You haven't even been reading my posts.....Good Luck....

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#95458 Jan 17, 2014
A question wrote:
He was chosen by the people (by a wide margin) to be president- twice- and that's it.
I wouldn't call 51% a "wide margin."

#95459 Jan 17, 2014
Saying "Proof the economy is Vastly improved", sure sounds like you painting a rosy picture to me. But I guess you hate to be tripped up by your own words...
Good luck to you too!
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> My claim of how rosy the economy is?....Really?....You haven't even been reading my posts.....Good Luck....

Location hidden

#95460 Jan 17, 2014
RACE wrote:
Saying "Proof the economy is Vastly improved", sure sounds like you painting a rosy picture to me. But I guess you hate to be tripped up by your own words...
Good luck to you too!
<quoted text>
If you can say our economy has'nt vastly improved since 2008....Good for you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Dr Guru 194,354
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min ritedownthemiddle 1,262,073
Abby 7-28-15 40 min Kuuipo 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 6,251
Snapchat me 3 hr Cheezybhole 2
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 3 hr gonzo 15
Oak Park: Trying to hold on to its endearing past 4 hr joey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages