Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?

If it had four it'd be a sedan.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

So I took my car for an unintentional swim on a flooded road last night (we had an epic rainstorm... schools are closed today, there's flood-related debris everywhere, etc.). It's at the dealership now, waiting first for the insurance adjuster and then for repairs.

This happened mere hours after exchanging emails with a friend about how I miss my little sports car from a few years ago. Be careful what you wish for....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Kid: "Dad, have you ever read 'Harry Potter?'"

Dad: "No, but I've read 'Furry Ceramicsworker.' It's the adult version."

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

j_m_w wrote:
So I took my car for an unintentional swim on a flooded road last night (we had an epic rainstorm... schools are closed today, there's flood-related debris everywhere, etc.). It's at the dealership now, waiting first for the insurance adjuster and then for repairs.
This happened mere hours after exchanging emails with a friend about how I miss my little sports car from a few years ago. Be careful what you wish for....
That can be dangerous. At least you are okay. Cars can be fixed or replaced.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Those actually weren't too bad. Shared them with some people at work and got a few laughs

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That can be dangerous. At least you are okay. Cars can be fixed or replaced.
Yep... at least no one was hurt, and so far no one (service people or insurance people) have mentioned the possibility of the car being totaled. Hopefully I'm just looking at a couple of weeks, max, without it, and paying my deductible.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

j_m_w wrote:
Wondered where you been. Sorry about all that. Next time, try not to drive through a flooded road

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

j_m_w wrote:
Yikes. Did Florida feel left out when the rest of the country was having shyte weather earlier this week or something? Glad you're okay!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... at least no one was hurt, and so far no one (service people or insurance people) have mentioned the possibility of the car being totaled. Hopefully I'm just looking at a couple of weeks, max, without it, and paying my deductible.
Wow! I didn't know you guts were having such bad weather!!! I hope your car is OK! That's scary!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

For you oldtimers - just had lunch with Flawless! It was great catching up with her!

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondered where you been. Sorry about all that. Next time, try not to drive through a flooded road
But it's so exciting! And this is the first time the road/rain has ever won the battle.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I didn't know you guts were having...
Are you calling us fat?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

40 degrees? Rain? We must be in the grips of a Tropical vortex
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
heh luckily my nurse today showed me better how to use it. I was using it without both ends of the tube being hooked up last night!:) Once I used it correctly, it worked well!
Ha! Good.
Bro's was attached to his trach over his throat...we got annoyed (as did he) and would just rest it between pillows with the blue tubing blowing right in his face, rofl.
You get very creative to be as comfy as possible!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes. Did Florida feel left out when the rest of the country was having shyte weather earlier this week or something? Glad you're okay!
Eeek, hope not!
I just want something consistent. I hate cold but if it's cold, stay cold.
This 45 one day and 77 the next is annoying. It really ruins my clothes choices, lol!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the local news down here, areas of Boynton Beach and Delray Beach got 21 inches of rain in 7 hours.....it's sad when people's engines die, from trying to drive thru it.....a lady drove into a lake and died, not knowing..where the road ended in a strange neighborhood.......

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Eeek, hope not!
I just want something consistent. I hate cold but if it's cold, stay cold.
This 45 one day and 77 the next is annoying. It really ruins my clothes choices, lol!
We went from -17 Tuesday to 40ish today. I'm still wearing the same thing, but invariably when the temp jumps like that, everybody gets nasty colds.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Pick up lines for accountants during tax season

10."You've got a lovely pair of W-2's."

9."Please, baby, let me withhold you."

8."Technically, having sex with me is a charitable gift."

7."In my office,'I.R.S.' stands for 'I'm really sexy.' "

6."If I help you screw Uncle Sam, can I be next?"

5."You're entitled to a $5,000 tax break on your municipal bond income...now let's do it."

4."Let's fill out a 1040 -- you're a 10, and I'm 40."

3."You're the kind of girl I could take home to mother - which is good, since I still live with her."

2."Lady, you make my pants file for an extension."

1."Nice assets."

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Did not realize Ariel Sharon had been in a coma for the last 8 years. I need to get a living will, because eff that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dale 175,041
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 min Hatti_Hollerand 301
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,082,921
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 30 min nono 3,840
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 38 min andet1987 4,565
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Terry rigsby 48,984
Word (Dec '08) 40 min andet1987 4,589
Abby 7-29 2 hr j_m_w 16
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE