Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95328 Jan 11, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
For you oldtimers - just had lunch with Flawless! It was great catching up with her!
Married to David and aren't they expecting a baby?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95329 Jan 11, 2014
A friend asked me, What is the capitol of Alaska?

Me: A

xxxx

Me2:Nome?

Friend, Yeah he is a good friend.

xxxx

Me3 Nome?

Friend: Not well, but he trolls around on Topix occasionally

Night all

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95330 Jan 12, 2014
During the Lebanon war in 1982, Sharon -- a former army general then serving as Israeli defense minister -- was held indirectly responsible by an Israeli inquiry in the 1983 massacre of Palestinians by a Lebanese Christian military at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.

The inquiry -- which led to Sharon's prompt resignation -- found he did nothing to stop Christian militiamen allied with Israel from entering the camps, despite fears they might seek to avenge the killing of their leader the previous day.

Many in the Arab world dubbed Sharon "the Butcher of Beirut," and Palestinians attempted to bring war crimes charges against him in European courts.
---
Sharon, who early in his political career promoted the establishment of settlements on occupied land, appeared to do an about face in 2005 when he ordered the Israeli withdrawal from 25 settlements in the West Bank and Gaza.

Under Sharon's order, the military dragged settlers from their homes. The move was part of Sharon's plan to pull Israeli troops from Gaza, ending nearly four decades of control.

While considered an essential move for peace talks, Sharon's right-wing Likud Party was outraged. It lead Sharon to break with his party and form a new one -- Kadima, Hebrew for "Forward."
---
in 1953 he helped form Unit 101, a unit that carried out reprisals for the slaying of an Israeli woman and her two children. His troops blew up more than 40 houses in Qibya, a West Bank village then ruled by Jordan, slaughtering 69 Arabs. Sharon later said he thought the houses were empty.
---
After Israel's 1956 invasion of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, Sharon was rebuked for engaging his troops in what commanders regarded as an unnecessary battle with Egyptian forces. Some 38 Israeli soldiers died along with more than 200 Egyptians.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95331 Jan 12, 2014
driveby jokester

Medinah, IL

#95332 Jan 12, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sort of flattered, but...
Accept only the genuine, signed in PEllen with over 12,000 posts.
Well, you should be flattered! Someone else wasn't though. They got tired of putting passive/aggressive icon adornments on the post and had it removed! Petty, eh? Small victories for small people. Anyway, thank you for retaining it in reply!.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95333 Jan 12, 2014
It's 68 degrees with a slight wind. I'm cold.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#95334 Jan 12, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
During the Lebanon war in 1982, Sharon -- a former army general then serving as Israeli defense minister -- was held indirectly responsible by an Israeli inquiry in the 1983 massacre of Palestinians by a Lebanese Christian military at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.
The inquiry -- which led to Sharon's prompt resignation -- found he did nothing to stop Christian militiamen allied with Israel from entering the camps, despite fears they might seek to avenge the killing of their leader the previous day.
Many in the Arab world dubbed Sharon "the Butcher of Beirut," and Palestinians attempted to bring war crimes charges against him in European courts.
---
Sharon, who early in his political career promoted the establishment of settlements on occupied land, appeared to do an about face in 2005 when he ordered the Israeli withdrawal from 25 settlements in the West Bank and Gaza.
Under Sharon's order, the military dragged settlers from their homes. The move was part of Sharon's plan to pull Israeli troops from Gaza, ending nearly four decades of control.
While considered an essential move for peace talks, Sharon's right-wing Likud Party was outraged. It lead Sharon to break with his party and form a new one -- Kadima, Hebrew for "Forward."
---
in 1953 he helped form Unit 101, a unit that carried out reprisals for the slaying of an Israeli woman and her two children. His troops blew up more than 40 houses in Qibya, a West Bank village then ruled by Jordan, slaughtering 69 Arabs. Sharon later said he thought the houses were empty.
---
After Israel's 1956 invasion of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, Sharon was rebuked for engaging his troops in what commanders regarded as an unnecessary battle with Egyptian forces. Some 38 Israeli soldiers died along with more than 200 Egyptians.
The partial tally of what this nation lost under President Bush:

• The World Trade Center
• A piece of the Pentagon
• Five or six trillion dollars--again, so far
• A doubled national debt
• Over six-thousand dead American soldiers and over forty-seven-thousand wounded (not to mention billions of dollars in weapons, supplies, and equipment blown up, wasted, or stolen)
• Untold numbers of Iraqis, Afghanis, and Pakistanis dead and wounded, and thousands of refugees
• The sympathy and the cooperation of almost every nation on the planet
• A big chunk of New Orleans
• The housing market
• Every amendment in the Bill Of Rights except the second
• A valuable CIA agent specializing in nuclear counter-proliferation
• Safe airline travel
• Safe food
• Safe water
• Safe, regulated exploration for and extraction of coal, oil, and gas
• Impartial climate science
• The integrity of the Justice and Interior departments
• Years of government research on climate change
• Eight years of stem cell research
• The nation's moral standing on war crimes and torture
• Two million jobs
• Fair elections
• The integrity of the private property system
• Trillions of dollars swindled from Americans by banks you refused to regulate
• The Kyoto Treaty
• Three-thousand points off the Dow

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95335 Jan 12, 2014
greenwichvillage wrote:
• The World Trade Center
• Over six-thousand dead American soldiers and over forty-seven-thousand wounded (not to mention billions of dollars in weapons, supplies, and equipment blown up, wasted, or stolen)
• Untold numbers of Iraqis, Afghanis, and Pakistanis dead and wounded, and thousands of refugees
• The housing market
• Safe airline travel
• Safe food
• Safe water
• Two million jobs
• Fair elections
• The Kyoto Treaty
Oh please

http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-P...

And not to mention the loss of the 4th Amendment and choice of healthcare.

Benghazi?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95336 Jan 12, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
It's 68 degrees with a slight wind. I'm cold.
Just over 40 degrees here and I'm puttin on my swimsuit!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95337 Jan 12, 2014
My friends are taking my aunts out shopping and to dinner on Tuesday so nick and I can have a date night alone at home, with some sort ofm sexual,activity involved! My friends rock!

It probably will just be kissing, dirty talk, and a hand job, but at this point we'd both be delighted with just that.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95338 Jan 13, 2014

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#95339 Jan 13, 2014

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#95340 Jan 13, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please
http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-P...
And not to mention the loss of the 4th Amendment and choice of healthcare.
Benghazi?
Weak.....next to you, Honey booooo boooo and her family look like PhDs.

"Le réalité et toi, vous ne vous entendez pas, n'est-ce pas?"

Adieu

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95341 Jan 13, 2014
Bush? Your still talking about bush?
the current POTUS is doing a crash and burn into the history books as the worst president ever, and you are trying to deflect back to Bush? Get a life dude, your messiah nailed himself to the cross. Tough luck for you.
greenwichvillage wrote:
<quoted text>
• The World Trade Center
• The housing market
• Safe airline travel
• Safe food
• Safe water
• Two million jobs
• Fair elections
• The Kyoto Treaty

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#95342 Jan 13, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Married to David and aren't they expecting a baby?
They had the baby!:) He just turned 6 months old.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#95343 Jan 13, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My friends are taking my aunts out shopping and to dinner on Tuesday so nick and I can have a date night alone at home, with some sort ofm sexual,activity involved! My friends rock!
It probably will just be kissing, dirty talk, and a hand job, but at this point we'd both be delighted with just that.
Awesome!

Feel free to tell me to MYOB, but is actual sex out of the question now because of the permanent lung draining setup?
A noted pundit

Medinah, IL

#95344 Jan 13, 2014
RACE wrote:
Bush? Your still talking about bush?
the current POTUS is doing a crash and burn into the history books as the worst president ever, and you are trying to deflect back to Bush? Get a life dude, your messiah nailed himself to the cross. Tough luck for you.
<quoted text>
Really? Well that's the bad news.

The good news us that you and other reichtards will totally absolve Obama of all 'wrong doing' just like you absolved Bush. "Terms over, you are free to go!"

You'll be singing a new tune come 2017! It'll sound like this....

"You're STILL blaming Obama???!!! It's President Hillary Clinton's fault!!!!!"

“Rope Swingin'”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95345 Jan 13, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
They had the baby!:) He just turned 6 months old.
Nice!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95346 Jan 13, 2014
So, you make a personal attack on me because I said something negative about your messiah. Face it Jerkface, he's a loser! A failure, a waste of taxpayer money.
All's he's done is prove that incompetence comes in all colors. He was never man enough for the job.
A noted pundit wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Well that's the bad news.
The good news us that you and other reichtards will totally absolve Obama of all 'wrong doing' just like you absolved Bush. "Terms over, you are free to go!"

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95347 Jan 13, 2014
A noted pundit wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Well that's the bad news.
Ah hah! You have anointed Hillary I see. Christie has shot himself in the foot a bit much for you DuPage county denizen (For non IL peeps,Naperville is in DuPage County which is a hotbed of Republicanism in Illinois. It has not proved a antidote to Cook County yet.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min Ize Found 70,959
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min SOS 1,419,752
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min District 1 222,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Actual Science 61,068
last post wins! (Dec '10) 11 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 15 hr Master L-Bates 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages