Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95289 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So Matilda what is your sister up to these days?
My sister? About to turn 31, living with my dad, working at the mall part time, a BMW's worth of student loan payments over her head for three unused college degrees, hasn't dated since Dubya's administration? She's good.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95290 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much.
Thanks to everybody. I can't imagine the surrealness of whatyou're hearing.
I can't believe the surrealness of what you're living.

You never know. You just might make it to his birthday (and if we could all will it to happen, definitely would). I don't know him, but I bet he just wants to hold onto you as long as he can without you being in too much pain and agony. In the long run, I think it's a safe bet that he's not thinking of his birthday, really. He's giving you something to look forward to in the future, maybe.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95291 Jan 10, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I did accept it but there have been no postings. I'm going to go lurk and see what I can see.
Be sure to set your privacy setting to what you're comfortable with them seeing.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95292 Jan 10, 2014
My SIL we only saw for 3 days at Chrismas, which was more than enough. I guess all is on track for them to get hitched in July. *shrug* We haven't been dragged in to any planning, and I am a-okay with that. I guess her fiance's mom has been helping out with it a lot, financially and otherwise. The distance with them being farther away this year has been great. J and I are getting our relationship back on track again.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95293 Jan 10, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/OldSpice

This is great and it is SFW!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95294 Jan 10, 2014
What do you get when you cross a cow with an octopus?

Wait for it

Wait for it

A visit from the Scientific Professional Ethics Committee and immediate withdrawal of your grant funding.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95295 Jan 10, 2014
What happens when you mix goat DNA with human DNA?

You get kicked out of the petting zoo.

(No, no, I'm not mentioning you specifically, Dog)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95296 Jan 10, 2014
Me: I feel bad for Dog, he's so un-social.

Race: Yeah, he's like an eternal flame!

Me: Eternal flame? What?

Race: He never goes out!

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95297 Jan 10, 2014
(groan....)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95298 Jan 10, 2014
Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?

If it had four it'd be a sedan.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#95299 Jan 10, 2014
So I took my car for an unintentional swim on a flooded road last night (we had an epic rainstorm... schools are closed today, there's flood-related debris everywhere, etc.). It's at the dealership now, waiting first for the insurance adjuster and then for repairs.

This happened mere hours after exchanging emails with a friend about how I miss my little sports car from a few years ago. Be careful what you wish for....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95300 Jan 10, 2014
Kid: "Dad, have you ever read 'Harry Potter?'"

Dad: "No, but I've read 'Furry Ceramicsworker.' It's the adult version."

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95302 Jan 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
So I took my car for an unintentional swim on a flooded road last night (we had an epic rainstorm... schools are closed today, there's flood-related debris everywhere, etc.). It's at the dealership now, waiting first for the insurance adjuster and then for repairs.
This happened mere hours after exchanging emails with a friend about how I miss my little sports car from a few years ago. Be careful what you wish for....
That can be dangerous. At least you are okay. Cars can be fixed or replaced.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#95303 Jan 10, 2014
Those actually weren't too bad. Shared them with some people at work and got a few laughs

Hollywood, FL

#95304 Jan 10, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That can be dangerous. At least you are okay. Cars can be fixed or replaced.
Yep... at least no one was hurt, and so far no one (service people or insurance people) have mentioned the possibility of the car being totaled. Hopefully I'm just looking at a couple of weeks, max, without it, and paying my deductible.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#95305 Jan 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Wondered where you been. Sorry about all that. Next time, try not to drive through a flooded road

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95306 Jan 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Yikes. Did Florida feel left out when the rest of the country was having shyte weather earlier this week or something? Glad you're okay!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95307 Jan 10, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... at least no one was hurt, and so far no one (service people or insurance people) have mentioned the possibility of the car being totaled. Hopefully I'm just looking at a couple of weeks, max, without it, and paying my deductible.
Wow! I didn't know you guts were having such bad weather!!! I hope your car is OK! That's scary!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95308 Jan 10, 2014
For you oldtimers - just had lunch with Flawless! It was great catching up with her!

Hollywood, FL

#95309 Jan 10, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondered where you been. Sorry about all that. Next time, try not to drive through a flooded road
But it's so exciting! And this is the first time the road/rain has ever won the battle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 239,521
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Grey Ghost 1,509,503
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 3 hr Mel 199
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Well Well 8,075
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Mothra 63,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr SweLL GirL 10,501
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 hr They cannot kill ... 3,631

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages