Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95277 Jan 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she or someone is dying? Maybe she wants to see her grandchildren? Maybe she found Jesus and wants to repent her transgressions? The possibilities are endless. Has your husband spoken to his mother in 10 years? I'm kinda interested to hear the skinny on the whole thing. I say accept the request, see what's up. You can always unfriend. Beats ignoring and ruminating about it.
Squishy's girls aren't that woman's grandkids. I think that's the S.O. who killed himself.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95278 Jan 9, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
heh luckily my nurse today showed me better how to use it. I was using it without both ends of the tube being hooked up last night!:) Once I used it correctly, it worked well!
eh, details... minor details... ;-P

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95279 Jan 9, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
2 weird, sad things.
1. Hospital bed arrives tomorrow. I am not supposed to be alone at night any more. While they look into a temporary hospice bed someplace until my mom can move in (they give Ralph about two weeks), i m supposed to ask friends to volunteer/sign up for one sleepover... Ideally, enough friends, each person would do only one night of sleeping in my comfy bed while I am out on the hospital bed That just isn't something I expected to have to do. Thought Ralph would be DEAD by now.
2. We don't think I will make it to Nick's April 23 birthday but I haven't told him that yet. Nurse thinks this is as good as I'm going to be for a while.
Reality sucks, reality sucks.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95280 Jan 9, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Squishy's girls aren't that woman's grandkids. I think that's the S.O. who killed himself.
We were married at the time of his death- almost 20 years ago. And it was natural causes; he had a virus as an infant that damaged his heart. He had been suffering from what he thought were panic attacks but it was his heart going arrhythmic. Died in his sleep and she found him in the morning.

But I suspect she is ill. I'm going to let the freak out settle down and call her back this weekend. She's a lovely lady and I think I owe her at least that.

Evanston IL

#95281 Jan 9, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she or someone is dying? Maybe she wants to see her grandchildren? Maybe she found Jesus and wants to repent her transgressions? The possibilities are endless. Has your husband spoken to his mother in 10 years? I'm kinda interested to hear the skinny on the whole thing. I say accept the request, see what's up. You can always unfriend. Beats ignoring and ruminating about it.
I did accept it but there have been no postings. I'm going to go lurk and see what I can see.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95282 Jan 9, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks so much.

Thanks to everybody. I can't imagine the surrealness of whatyou're hearing.
Surreal is the right word.

Location hidden

#95283 Jan 9, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We were married at the time of his death- almost 20 years ago. And it was natural causes; he had a virus as an infant that damaged his heart. He had been suffering from what he thought were panic attacks but it was his heart going arrhythmic. Died in his sleep and she found him in the morning.
But I suspect she is ill. I'm going to let the freak out settle down and call her back this weekend. She's a lovely lady and I think I owe her at least that.
Sorry for speaking out of turn, but I did want to clear up that your kids have a paternal,grandmother. Again, am sorry. But didn't you have an S.O. Who committed suicide? A fiancÚ?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95284 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for speaking out of turn, but I did want to clear up that your kids have a paternal,grandmother. Again, am sorry. But didn't you have an S.O. Who committed suicide? A fiancÚ?
If it wasn't Squishy, it was someone else on here because I remember the same thing

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95285 Jan 10, 2014

Location hidden

#95286 Jan 10, 2014
So Matilda what is your sister up to these days?

Evanston IL

#95288 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cool Ang. I am not so self-important that I believe everyone will remember my stories.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with a suicide of a loved one. I don't remember who that might have happened to tho.

And my lurking on the 1st MIL's husband's page did not reveal much. Except that there are no pictures of Jane and a LOT of picture of him with sweet young things. From his posts, it seems like they're still married, as he mentions her and the things she's baked, but no pics. Strange.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95289 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So Matilda what is your sister up to these days?
My sister? About to turn 31, living with my dad, working at the mall part time, a BMW's worth of student loan payments over her head for three unused college degrees, hasn't dated since Dubya's administration? She's good.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95290 Jan 10, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much.
Thanks to everybody. I can't imagine the surrealness of whatyou're hearing.
I can't believe the surrealness of what you're living.

You never know. You just might make it to his birthday (and if we could all will it to happen, definitely would). I don't know him, but I bet he just wants to hold onto you as long as he can without you being in too much pain and agony. In the long run, I think it's a safe bet that he's not thinking of his birthday, really. He's giving you something to look forward to in the future, maybe.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95291 Jan 10, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I did accept it but there have been no postings. I'm going to go lurk and see what I can see.
Be sure to set your privacy setting to what you're comfortable with them seeing.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95292 Jan 10, 2014
My SIL we only saw for 3 days at Chrismas, which was more than enough. I guess all is on track for them to get hitched in July. *shrug* We haven't been dragged in to any planning, and I am a-okay with that. I guess her fiance's mom has been helping out with it a lot, financially and otherwise. The distance with them being farther away this year has been great. J and I are getting our relationship back on track again.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95293 Jan 10, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/OldSpice

This is great and it is SFW!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95294 Jan 10, 2014
What do you get when you cross a cow with an octopus?

Wait for it

Wait for it

A visit from the Scientific Professional Ethics Committee and immediate withdrawal of your grant funding.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95295 Jan 10, 2014
What happens when you mix goat DNA with human DNA?

You get kicked out of the petting zoo.

(No, no, I'm not mentioning you specifically, Dog)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95296 Jan 10, 2014
Me: I feel bad for Dog, he's so un-social.

Race: Yeah, he's like an eternal flame!

Me: Eternal flame? What?

Race: He never goes out!

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95297 Jan 10, 2014
(groan....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min JCPete 1,641,442
Cat's out of the bag. 2 hr Fun in Benghazi 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,115
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 4 hr OwnerScrewingPOSTERS 4
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 4 hr HMmmmmmmmm 1
What Happpened to the Wall? 5 hr Waldo 1
Trump is A 6 hr WarmFuzzyGUY 71

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages