Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

GAG!
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope that no one has to start it like they're siphoning gas out of a car.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you get snow pants on under your uniform? I couldn't live without my snow pants (even if they don't quite fit me around the waist. No one sees that part anyway).
I keep meaning to tell you that I finally signed up for figure skating lessons, so now me and the girls all go on Saturday morning for our lessons. I really suck at it, but at least I didn't fall down. My in-law's gave me a GC for Play It Again Sports, so this week I'll get to use my new skates (and they are new, despite where they came from) and hopefully I'll do a little better.
But I don't see hockey in my future, just a few performances of the Nutcracker on Ice and/or the spring ice show. But I have vowed that I will not be like this older woman who's been in several of the productions lately; she can skate (I mean, she doesn't fall down) but she is not very graceful-looking and when she does a jump, she maybe gets a millimeter or two off the ice. I'd rather just stick to the group routine; I'm not really interested in embarrassing myself.
Good luck, really.

I did that when my youngest was skating- she was 5 or 6 . I was skating at Centennial in Wilmette. Fell on the ice and cracked my head... just like I did the last time I tried to learn to skate when I was 10. Wound up in Evanston Hospital ER making the ER docs crazy showing them how far my neck would twist. No more skates for Pelly. in this lifetime.

However, if you are skating in next year's Nutcracker, I will personally organize a group of Regs to come see you and cheer. Loudly.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope that no one has to start it like they're siphoning gas out of a car.
Errumphkk.

That would suck. Or not.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

I had an interview this morning at 11, and i was freaking out that i would go and end up talking to the locked door or a security guard... someone told me that going on an interview on a day like this morning would show them how dedicated i was, and that maybe i'd get hired on the spot. My response was that it could also tell tehm how stupid i am to take such a risk!

the drive over was surprisingly good. for once, the state controlled roads up here were well plowed!

and my new phone arrived today, so i get to spend the frozen days ahead getting it all set up the way i want it and looking for new apps...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2014

Aisle Sitter wrote:
I had an interview this morning at 11, and i was freaking out that i would go and end up talking to the locked door or a security guard... someone told me that going on an interview on a day like this morning would show them how dedicated i was, and that maybe i'd get hired on the spot. My response was that it could also tell tehm how stupid i am to take such a risk!
the drive over was surprisingly good. for once, the state controlled roads up here were well plowed!
and my new phone arrived today, so i get to spend the frozen days ahead getting it all set up the way i want it and looking for new apps...
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)

If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Good luck to you, AS!

For the five of us who want to debate something...

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

edogxxx wrote:
Good luck to you, AS!
For the five of us who want to debate something...
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).
Sorry jmw! I don't know what got into me...

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)
If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!
nah, you haven't forgotten anything on me... i've been out of work for 3 months now. the job is about the same anywhere, but i worked for a really large company, and i've been working with a recruiter who is finding me opportunities at really small organizations (13,000 worldwide before, 15, 50, maybe 200 employees at a single location he's finding). the size difference seems to be one of the biggest obstacles i'm coming across, and there's nothing i can do about that...

i enjoyed not having to work during the holidays, and had a nice visit wiht my bro, SIL, & the boys for christmas. i alllllmmmooooossssst made up for the missed opportunities for time off during the summer & early fall.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

The cats are taking the ornaments off the tree. Time to take down the Christmas tree.

Permission granted to anyone who wants to needle me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Selection of the cream of the crop of best passive-aggrssive notes of 2013:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2014/01...

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Selection of the cream of the crop of best passive-aggrssive notes of 2013:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2014/01...
Stupid cat was the best, IMO.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2014

Omg...J's making me watch Bad Grandpa. I hate this cringy type humor, but I am laughing sooooo hard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Matilda77 wrote:
Omg...J's making me watch Bad Grandpa. I hate this cringy type humor, but I am laughing sooooo hard.
Movie or reality show?

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Movie or reality show?
Jack@zz movie

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

Sublime1 wrote:
Apparently some people believed this.

In the vein of looking up words I don't know:

Hypospadias /ha&#618;po&#650;& #712;spe&#618;d&#618; &#601;s/[1][2] is a birth defect of the urethra in the male that involves an abnormally placed urinary meatus (the opening, or male external urethral orifice). Instead of opening at the tip of the glans of the penis, a hypospadic urethra opens anywhere along a line (the urethral groove) running from the tip along the underside (ventral aspect) of the shaft to the junction of the penis and scrotum or perineum. A distal hypospadias may be suspected in an uncircumcised boy from an abnormally formed foreskin and downward tilt of the glans.

[ I actually knew of a situation similar to this where the guy had several external holes along his urethra ( anastomosis). The urologist who I was discussing this with said the guy used a piccolo maneuver to pee; the context of teh conversation was equally memorable.

Happy Saturday.]

Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome,[1] is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme flavin ...] When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly convert trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds....Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack@zz movie
Kinda miss...Wild Boyz.....lol.....

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2014

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently some people believed this.
In the vein of looking up words I don't know:
Hypospadias /ha&#618;po&#650;& #712;spe&#618;d&#618; &#601;s/[1][2] is a birth defect of the urethra in the male that involves an abnormally placed urinary meatus (the opening, or male external urethral orifice). Instead of opening at the tip of the glans of the penis, a hypospadic urethra opens anywhere along a line (the urethral groove) running from the tip along the underside (ventral aspect) of the shaft to the junction of the penis and scrotum or perineum. A distal hypospadias may be suspected in an uncircumcised boy from an abnormally formed foreskin and downward tilt of the glans.
[ I actually knew of a situation similar to this where the guy had several external holes along his urethra ( anastomosis). The urologist who I was discussing this with said the guy used a piccolo maneuver to pee; the context of teh conversation was equally memorable.
Happy Saturday.]
Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome,[1] is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme flavin ...] When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly convert trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds....Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor.
Uh, thanks P.

I will go to bed less dumb tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,541 - 93,560 of95,931
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]