Comments
93,501 - 93,520 of 97,933 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95100 Jan 2, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome! I'm always a fan of anyone supporting ice-related activities. It's great exercise.
I think I'm going to go the compression pants route, like the ones runners wear. I'm going to have time to research what I wear. Several of my hockey friends live near small ponds that are actually frozen this year, so I should be able to get some pond time in soon.
I did pick up a pair of snowpants at the thrift store for $15 earlier this fall, and I LOVE them. I have no clue how I survived winters before them--I don't think I've had a pair since grade school. I've gotten my money's worth out of them already.
I do hope that this will help me shed a few pounds (re the snowpants); I certainly rediscovered some muscles in my legs. There's also an outdoor rink down the street from us, so I hope to use that with the girls too, now that I have my own skates.

The compression pants can be surprisingly warm and with a couple of other layers, you should be OK.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95101 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
I know, but it does not prevent you from breathing right? I mean when you do drain the lung, your still able to breathe aren't you?
Out of curiosity, why could they not just hook up one of those IV things (that go into your vein) and let it drip into a bag? Isnt that what they do with bladders?
<quoted text>
Vacuum/suction is required.

Location hidden

#95102 Jan 2, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry about your mother's bf.
Thanks, but he has been so miserable lately. Tuesday, they sucked over a GALLON of fluid from his abdominal cavity.

Location hidden

#95103 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
I DEMAND that you post something cheerful!
:)
<quoted text>
My cats are more lovey dovey than ever, especially aloof Mia, who keeps trying to get on my lap.
And the support of many friends has been mind blowing. They come over to take out he garbage, check on cats whe im in the hospital, put homemade food in my freezer and fridge, visit me in the hospital with flowers, chocolate, books, magazines... TK rubs my feet with lotion every time she visits me. I have been inundated with cards and letters.

Sam who works at 3m supplied me with all kinds of medical supplies, friends help me with laundry, sweeping my LR free of salt and shaking out the rugs... In these freezing temps!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95104 Jan 2, 2014
Bummer, too bad you cant just hold your breath and force it out.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Vacuum/suction is required.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95105 Jan 2, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but he has been so miserable lately. Tuesday, they sucked over a GALLON of fluid from his abdominal cavity.

You guys should get together and have a fluid collecting contest. It would be the weirdest episode of Hoarders ever.

Evanston IL

#95106 Jan 2, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys should get together and have a fluid collecting contest. It would be the weirdest episode of Hoarders ever.
Haha!

I mean, ewwww.

Evanston IL

#95107 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Bummer, too bad you cant just hold your breath and force it out.
<quoted text>
I just hope that no one has to start it like they're siphoning gas out of a car.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95108 Jan 2, 2014
GAG!
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope that no one has to start it like they're siphoning gas out of a car.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95109 Jan 2, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you get snow pants on under your uniform? I couldn't live without my snow pants (even if they don't quite fit me around the waist. No one sees that part anyway).
I keep meaning to tell you that I finally signed up for figure skating lessons, so now me and the girls all go on Saturday morning for our lessons. I really suck at it, but at least I didn't fall down. My in-law's gave me a GC for Play It Again Sports, so this week I'll get to use my new skates (and they are new, despite where they came from) and hopefully I'll do a little better.
But I don't see hockey in my future, just a few performances of the Nutcracker on Ice and/or the spring ice show. But I have vowed that I will not be like this older woman who's been in several of the productions lately; she can skate (I mean, she doesn't fall down) but she is not very graceful-looking and when she does a jump, she maybe gets a millimeter or two off the ice. I'd rather just stick to the group routine; I'm not really interested in embarrassing myself.
Good luck, really.

I did that when my youngest was skating- she was 5 or 6 . I was skating at Centennial in Wilmette. Fell on the ice and cracked my head... just like I did the last time I tried to learn to skate when I was 10. Wound up in Evanston Hospital ER making the ER docs crazy showing them how far my neck would twist. No more skates for Pelly. in this lifetime.

However, if you are skating in next year's Nutcracker, I will personally organize a group of Regs to come see you and cheer. Loudly.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95110 Jan 2, 2014
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Errumphkk.

That would suck. Or not.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95111 Jan 2, 2014
I had an interview this morning at 11, and i was freaking out that i would go and end up talking to the locked door or a security guard... someone told me that going on an interview on a day like this morning would show them how dedicated i was, and that maybe i'd get hired on the spot. My response was that it could also tell tehm how stupid i am to take such a risk!

the drive over was surprisingly good. for once, the state controlled roads up here were well plowed!

and my new phone arrived today, so i get to spend the frozen days ahead getting it all set up the way i want it and looking for new apps...

Location hidden

#95112 Jan 2, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
I had an interview this morning at 11, and i was freaking out that i would go and end up talking to the locked door or a security guard... someone told me that going on an interview on a day like this morning would show them how dedicated i was, and that maybe i'd get hired on the spot. My response was that it could also tell tehm how stupid i am to take such a risk!
the drive over was surprisingly good. for once, the state controlled roads up here were well plowed!
and my new phone arrived today, so i get to spend the frozen days ahead getting it all set up the way i want it and looking for new apps...
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)

If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95113 Jan 3, 2014
Good luck to you, AS!

For the five of us who want to debate something...

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95114 Jan 3, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Good luck to you, AS!
For the five of us who want to debate something...
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).

Evanston IL

#95115 Jan 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).
Sorry jmw! I don't know what got into me...

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#95116 Jan 3, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)
If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!
nah, you haven't forgotten anything on me... i've been out of work for 3 months now. the job is about the same anywhere, but i worked for a really large company, and i've been working with a recruiter who is finding me opportunities at really small organizations (13,000 worldwide before, 15, 50, maybe 200 employees at a single location he's finding). the size difference seems to be one of the biggest obstacles i'm coming across, and there's nothing i can do about that...

i enjoyed not having to work during the holidays, and had a nice visit wiht my bro, SIL, & the boys for christmas. i alllllmmmooooossssst made up for the missed opportunities for time off during the summer & early fall.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95117 Jan 3, 2014
The cats are taking the ornaments off the tree. Time to take down the Christmas tree.

Permission granted to anyone who wants to needle me

Location hidden

#95118 Jan 3, 2014
Selection of the cream of the crop of best passive-aggrssive notes of 2013:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2014/01...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95119 Jan 3, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 5 min SLY WEST 7,749
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 15 min SLY WEST 570
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Yeah 1,100,230
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr lmao 46,314
Abby 8-29 1 hr pde 11
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,452
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,652
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,384
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••