Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95112 Jan 2, 2014
Aisle Sitter wrote:
I had an interview this morning at 11, and i was freaking out that i would go and end up talking to the locked door or a security guard... someone told me that going on an interview on a day like this morning would show them how dedicated i was, and that maybe i'd get hired on the spot. My response was that it could also tell tehm how stupid i am to take such a risk!
the drive over was surprisingly good. for once, the state controlled roads up here were well plowed!
and my new phone arrived today, so i get to spend the frozen days ahead getting it all set up the way i want it and looking for new apps...
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)

If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95113 Jan 3, 2014
Good luck to you, AS!

For the five of us who want to debate something...

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95114 Jan 3, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
Good luck to you, AS!
For the five of us who want to debate something...
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TO23OH4772...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TVIQJ85COO...
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#95115 Jan 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha... I'm here and ready to debate. I need something to take my mind off the siphoning visual (thanks squishy!).
Sorry jmw! I don't know what got into me...

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#95116 Jan 3, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You are currently employed?(Sorry if I have forgotten big stuff!)
If you like the sound of the job, I hope you get it!
nah, you haven't forgotten anything on me... i've been out of work for 3 months now. the job is about the same anywhere, but i worked for a really large company, and i've been working with a recruiter who is finding me opportunities at really small organizations (13,000 worldwide before, 15, 50, maybe 200 employees at a single location he's finding). the size difference seems to be one of the biggest obstacles i'm coming across, and there's nothing i can do about that...

i enjoyed not having to work during the holidays, and had a nice visit wiht my bro, SIL, & the boys for christmas. i alllllmmmooooossssst made up for the missed opportunities for time off during the summer & early fall.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95117 Jan 3, 2014
The cats are taking the ornaments off the tree. Time to take down the Christmas tree.

Permission granted to anyone who wants to needle me

Location hidden

#95118 Jan 3, 2014
Selection of the cream of the crop of best passive-aggrssive notes of 2013:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2014/01...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95119 Jan 3, 2014

Location hidden

#95120 Jan 3, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Selection of the cream of the crop of best passive-aggrssive notes of 2013:

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2014/01...
Stupid cat was the best, IMO.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95121 Jan 3, 2014
Omg...J's making me watch Bad Grandpa. I hate this cringy type humor, but I am laughing sooooo hard.

Location hidden

#95122 Jan 4, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
Omg...J's making me watch Bad Grandpa. I hate this cringy type humor, but I am laughing sooooo hard.
Movie or reality show?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95123 Jan 4, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Movie or reality show?
Jack@zz movie

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95124 Jan 4, 2014

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95125 Jan 4, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Apparently some people believed this.

In the vein of looking up words I don't know:

Hypospadias /ha&#618;po&#650;& #712;spe&#618;d&#618; &#601;s/[1][2] is a birth defect of the urethra in the male that involves an abnormally placed urinary meatus (the opening, or male external urethral orifice). Instead of opening at the tip of the glans of the penis, a hypospadic urethra opens anywhere along a line (the urethral groove) running from the tip along the underside (ventral aspect) of the shaft to the junction of the penis and scrotum or perineum. A distal hypospadias may be suspected in an uncircumcised boy from an abnormally formed foreskin and downward tilt of the glans.

[ I actually knew of a situation similar to this where the guy had several external holes along his urethra ( anastomosis). The urologist who I was discussing this with said the guy used a piccolo maneuver to pee; the context of teh conversation was equally memorable.

Happy Saturday.]

Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome,[1] is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme flavin ...] When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly convert trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds....Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95126 Jan 4, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack@zz movie
Kinda miss...Wild Boyz.....lol.....

Location hidden

#95127 Jan 4, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently some people believed this.
In the vein of looking up words I don't know:
Hypospadias /ha&#618;po&#650;& #712;spe&#618;d&#618; &#601;s/[1][2] is a birth defect of the urethra in the male that involves an abnormally placed urinary meatus (the opening, or male external urethral orifice). Instead of opening at the tip of the glans of the penis, a hypospadic urethra opens anywhere along a line (the urethral groove) running from the tip along the underside (ventral aspect) of the shaft to the junction of the penis and scrotum or perineum. A distal hypospadias may be suspected in an uncircumcised boy from an abnormally formed foreskin and downward tilt of the glans.
[ I actually knew of a situation similar to this where the guy had several external holes along his urethra ( anastomosis). The urologist who I was discussing this with said the guy used a piccolo maneuver to pee; the context of teh conversation was equally memorable.
Happy Saturday.]
Trimethylaminuria (TMAU), also known as fish odor syndrome or fish malodor syndrome,[1] is a rare metabolic disorder that causes a defect in the normal production of the enzyme flavin ...] When FMO3 is not working correctly or if not enough enzyme is produced, the body loses the ability to properly convert trimethylamine (TMA) from precursor compounds....Trimethylamine then builds up and is released in the person's sweat, urine, and breath, giving off a strong fishy odor or strong body odor.
Uh, thanks P.

I will go to bed less dumb tonight.

Location hidden

#95130 Jan 4, 2014
Today was okay.

Mom came over way too early (like 8) and started to clean/pick up. Eventually, we drained my lung of nearly 1000 ccs (my daily max allowed), and that allowed me to go to sleep, so I crashed in bed immediately. Then friends showed up to help clean/pick up, but I never left my bed. I remember Mindy coming in to sit on my bed to check on me. Later tonight, she texted me to tell me I was incoherent with tiredness. But while she, Julie (her mom), and Mary were out talking in the LR (while my mom went to Target to get my $1700 prescription), I found the chatter comforting.

I was finally getting some much needed sleep (the lung draining helps SO much), and it was nice hearing their voices coming down the hallway.

I admit that I don't think I'll make it to Nick's April birthday.

Location hidden

#95131 Jan 4, 2014
Mom also spent time on the phone with hospice nurses, trying to find a facility that wuold take me temporarily until Ralph dies, then I'd move back into my place.(Mom doesn't want me to be alone.)

I pretty much slept the entire day, until 8 tonight. Nick is home with some horrible bug so he can't come over.

Think I'll load up on meds and a sleeping pill and try to go right back to sleep!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95133 Jan 4, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I admit that I don't think I'll make it to Nick's April birthday.
I admit that I think you will

Location hidden

#95134 Jan 5, 2014
Fun oxygen tube fact: lubricating Your nostrils with petroleum jelly (an oil based product) and the relying on forced oxygen can lead to burned nostrils.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 71,079
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min John Galt 1,154,181
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,847
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min mdbuilder 49,227
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 2 hr WOW 16
abby 12-21 4 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]