Topix Chitown Regulars

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95155 Jan 6, 2014
Hey all you frozen Regs! Stay warm! Supposed to get into the 40's tonight, so I will probably need to wear long pants today.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95156 Jan 6, 2014
I'll get the columns

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95157 Jan 6, 2014

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#95158 Jan 6, 2014
Feeling very lucky to only be dealing with cold and not bitter effing cold with ice and or snow.
Three days left here, close tomorrow and turn over property on Thursday.
Moving sucks, but the worst thing seems to be all the parks in the right area wanting two years rental history. Somehow being homeowners for almost thirty years is being a drawback in finding a space.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95159 Jan 6, 2014
Gotta say...as long as the power doesn't go out, I am A-okay with a few days of this weather. Got food, got hot tea, got J and my puppies.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95160 Jan 6, 2014
RACE wrote:
Hey all you frozen Regs! Stay warm! Supposed to get into the 40's tonight, so I will probably need to wear long pants today.
Downright balmy by you! It's going to be in the 30s here tonight! I got the space heater out and the little dog's Snuggie all ready!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95161 Jan 6, 2014
Stina2 wrote:
It's going to be in the 30s here tonight!
It would have to get about sixty degrees warmer to be in the 30s around here.

It's so cold, I keyed a car with my nipples by accident

It's so cold, the fire department is advising people to set their house on fire

It's so cold, I left the freezer open to heat the house

It's so cold, my balls have become ovaries

It's so cold, congress can't even get into a heated debate

It's so cold, Richard Simmons wore pants

Shania Twain covered her midriff

Paris Hilton put on clothes

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95162 Jan 6, 2014
Anyone interested in the NCAA Football Championship tonight ? Auburn againest Florida State? Should be a good one, as Jamies Winston, FSU's Qb won the Heisman trophy, this season.....j
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#95163 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Anyone interested in the NCAA Football Championship tonight ? Auburn againest Florida State? Should be a good one, as Jamies Winston, FSU's Qb won the Heisman trophy, this season.....j
Dad's watching. He's always been a FL State fan. Much better than a Gator fan!
Timmy

United States

#95164 Jan 6, 2014
Hey Tonka, tell your 'Noles to get off their azzes and put up a fight.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95165 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
This apparently wasn't on network TV? I looked, anyway. Stupid! Such an important game should be on regular tv!
Timmy

United States

#95166 Jan 6, 2014
It is only on the ESPN (all 8 of their cable & online channels)
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
This apparently wasn't on network TV? I looked, anyway. Stupid! Such an important game should be on regular tv!
Timmy

United States

#95167 Jan 6, 2014
Since you don't have cable, just letting you know Tonka's FSU 'Noles just beat Auburn. Expect him to be hung over at work tomorrow.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#95168 Jan 7, 2014

Location hidden

#95169 Jan 7, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree...especially since games like this and all the NFL Monday night games are on ESPN....too bad for many older people or those that just don't have cable.....ABC own's ESPN, so they could easily transmit it over the local stations antennas.....It's Corporate greed...sorry....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95170 Jan 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I totally agree...especially since games like this and all the NFL Monday night games are on ESPN....too bad for many older people or those that just don't have cable.....ABC own's ESPN, so they could easily transmit it over the local stations antennas.....It's Corporate greed...sorry....
I won't get into the greed debate, but I will say this. I read and hear about people 'cutting the chord' all the time. Going to Netflix or Hulu for their entertInment needs. Saving money on no cable bill. Sounds great, but its something I can't even consider because I need my sports programming. ESPN web broadcasts are only available to ESPN subscribers.

Location hidden

#95171 Jan 7, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't get into the greed debate, but I will say this. I read and hear about people 'cutting the chord' all the time. Going to Netflix or Hulu for their entertInment needs. Saving money on no cable bill. Sounds great, but its something I can't even consider because I need my sports programming. ESPN web broadcasts are only available to ESPN subscribers.
We are lucky enough to have just about everything cable offers....but i had a grandfather with a cabin up in the northwoods....no cable, and now the FCC has made it even more difficult for antenna access.....Like you, i see Sportscenter daily and PTI and Colin Cowherd.....We've probably all become a bit spoiled....but i alway's wonder about those left behind, and often TV is most of their entertainment......

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95172 Jan 7, 2014
I have no cable or dish. Just an HD antenna, picks up about 20 stations and maybe 8 are in English. Get the major networks just fine, but no cable channels (of course). Dont miss it at all. When the Giants were not shown locally, I went to a bar down the road and watched them. Only missed one Monday night game they played.
I dont watch the news, so the TV is only on from 8 to 10, Fox and if I dont like whats on, I crank up Netflix. Am now watching a cop series called Glades, pretty cool, nice to hear all the towns in FL being mentioned. First time I have ever heard Tamarac said on TV.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We are lucky enough to have just about everything cable offers....but i had a grandfather with a cabin up in the northwoods....no cable, and now the FCC has made it even more difficult for antenna access.....Like you, i see Sportscenter daily and PTI and Colin Cowherd.....We've probably all become a bit spoiled....but i alway's wonder about those left behind, and often TV is most of their entertainment......
Strange

Raleigh, NC

#95173 Jan 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We are lucky enough to have just about everything cable offers....but i had a grandfather with a cabin up in the northwoods....no cable, and now the FCC has made it even more difficult for antenna access.....Like you, i see Sportscenter daily and PTI and Colin Cowherd.....We've probably all become a bit spoiled....but i alway's wonder about those left behind, and often TV is most of their entertainment......
I'm sure Obama would give hime enough medicaid to pay for cable.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95174 Jan 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
what has the fcc done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min russianrepukes 1,641,361
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 21 min OwnerScrewingPOSTERS 4
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 25 min HMmmmmmmmm 1
What Happpened to the Wall? 1 hr Waldo 1
Trump is A 1 hr WarmFuzzyGUY 71
Mulvaney is an A HO 2 hr Bill Q 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Fugooo 64,113

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages