Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95070 Jan 1, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
In case you missed it, angela...
http://consumerist.com/2013/12/31/patton-oswa...
I loves me some Patton.

Bored and sick in the hospital the last two days I finally turned on the TV and caught some "King of Queens," and got some older ones with Patton. Not bad.

Mia has discovered something new on my lap: an electric, heated throw.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95071 Jan 1, 2014
We went to Peoria for a hockey game and didn't check the weather beforehand. Snowstorm on the way back. I was white-knuckling it most of the way home. Glad we didn't drink at all, blech.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95072 Jan 1, 2014
Matilda77 wrote:
We went to Peoria for a hockey game and didn't check the weather beforehand. Snowstorm on the way back. I was white-knuckling it most of the way home. Glad we didn't drink at all, blech.
I know those roads. I have spent time in some of the finest ditches around there this time of year.

Glad you got back safe.

I measured 8 1/2 inches on my car around 6. I live sort of near the lake. I let one f teh cats out and coul tell the wind is from the NE. Lake effect will dump on us for sure.

I promised to spring my dad from the nursing home tomorrow. Fun.

Location hidden

#95075 Jan 2, 2014
Icky details:

12/20 - they drained 1.4L from my left lung
12/25 - they drained 1.2l
12/27 - they drained something like only 400 or 600 when they installed the PleurX catheter (permanent port)
12/31 - we (nurse, my mom) drained 1L using the new port (1L is my daily limit, I don't know why yet, will ask that today at dr appt)
1/1 - we (nick and me) drained another full 1L.

If I have to do this every day, then that will suck. It isn't a painful,procedure, but the aftermath can be very painful (first time after we used the new port, I was in such pain, they rushed a bedside chest X-ray, which turned up clean).

All stuff to talk about today and tomorrow at my two dr visitis and I meeting with hospice nurses, but damn, I am looking at a lot of fluid build up.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95076 Jan 2, 2014
Cant you just leave the spigot open?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Icky details:
12/27 - they drained something like only 400 or 600 when they installed the PleurX catheter (permanent port)
12/31 - we (nurse, my mom) drained 1L using the new port (1L is my daily limit, I don't know why yet, will ask that today at dr appt)
If I have to do this every day, then that will suck. It isn't a painful,procedure, but the aftermath can be very painful (first time after we used the new port, I was in such pain, they rushed a bedside chest X-ray, which turned up clean).
All stuff to talk about today and tomorrow at my two dr visitis and I meeting with hospice nurses, but damn, I am looking at a lot of fluid build up.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95077 Jan 2, 2014

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95078 Jan 2, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
In case you missed it, angela...
http://consumerist.com/2013/12/31/patton-oswa...
..Tired of tooth enamel loss from Bulimia is a classic....lol.....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95079 Jan 2, 2014
Anyone sen Dahgts lately?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95080 Jan 2, 2014
PEllen wrote:
I'll check behind the couch

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#95081 Jan 2, 2014
PEllen wrote:
I believe she is with family, in Arizona.......some family, eventually fled Chicago for FL and AZ...lol...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95082 Jan 2, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Icky details:
Gaaaahd dayum.:-/

Neda, stay with me!

#95083 Jan 2, 2014
Hey, are you guy's blizzarded?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95084 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Not horribly so here--maybe 4 inches of snow. It's just so...very...cold. I'm working from home, under a comforter, with two dogs laying on my legs.

Neda, stay with me!

#95085 Jan 2, 2014
I know what you mean. My AC crapped out on Christmas Eve, and I did not get it working again until last Friday. Had to sleep with the windows open and fans blowing. Thank goodness it was mostly cloudy and cool for those days.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not horribly so here--maybe 4 inches of snow. It's just so...very...cold. I'm working from home, under a comforter, with two dogs laying on my legs.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95086 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Yes

About 8.5 -9 inches on top of my car and it is still snowing-lightly but accumulating.

I have shoveled 4 times since New Years Eve

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#95087 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Yup. You gotta love it when the snow is blowing sideways.

Neda, stay with me!

#95088 Jan 2, 2014
Wow, you must really love to shovel. You do so much of it.
(just talking snow here)
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes
About 8.5 -9 inches on top of my car and it is still snowing-lightly but accumulating.
I have shoveled 4 times since New Years Eve

Location hidden

#95089 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Cant you just leave the spigot open?
<quoted text>
No it goes into my lung.7299

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#95090 Jan 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
I know what you mean. My AC crapped out on Christmas Eve, and I did not get it working again until last Friday. Had to sleep with the windows open and fans blowing. Thank goodness it was mostly cloudy and cool for those days.
<quoted text>
That sounds so terrible.

My "vacation" early next month is going up to northern Wisconsin for a pond hockey tournament. I'm thinking gaining weight for the new year instead of losing it might be the way to go. Extra layer of blubber.

Neda, stay with me!

#95091 Jan 2, 2014
Ha!
Here's on for your husband!
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/vide...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. You gotta love it when the snow is blowing sideways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Brilliant Mind 49,258
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Smart Alex 1,154,631
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guru 181,963
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 1 hr Sunshine 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,140
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,267
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:21PM