Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95036 Dec 30, 2013
Thank you so much.

I just showered (with non sexy assistance) and that helped me feel better.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95037 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thank you so much.
I just showered (with non sexy assistance) and that helped me feel better.
That's a first step.

Are you allowed any booze at this point? Will you be able to see in the new year with a toast?

My 83 year old father had a knee replacement and has been in a nursing rehab center for the last 3 weeks. The center is having a new years party ( from 6-8,but still), but no booze. Even though it is not an old people's home per se there are a lot of stroke people, and long post surgical people and old people there.... just waiting

We are going to spring him for lunch and let hm have french fried onion rings ( with salt) and a cheeseburger from Hackney's

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95038 Dec 30, 2013
I am allowed to have booze, but (1) my pain reliever of choice right now is Tylenol (so no booze), and (2) I have zero desire to drink.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95039 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I am allowed to have booze, but (1) my pain reliever of choice right now is Tylenol (so no booze), and (2) I have zero desire to drink.
Damn meds! Eh, you're not missing much. You've done that all before, I'm sure.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95040 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have zero desire to drink.
For shame....

I'm gonna drink more just to make up for ya

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95041 Dec 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a first step.
Are you allowed any booze at this point? Will you be able to see in the new year with a toast?
My 83 year old father had a knee replacement and has been in a nursing rehab center for the last 3 weeks. The center is having a new years party ( from 6-8,but still), but no booze. Even though it is not an old people's home per se there are a lot of stroke people, and long post surgical people and old people there.... just waiting
We are going to spring him for lunch and let hm have french fried onion rings ( with salt) and a cheeseburger from Hackney's
rings?!?! we call it the onion loaf, and leave out the adjective "glistening"... we had fun one time trying to explain it to SIL when my gramma & her sibs took us there. SIL's expression was priceless when she first saw it...

good luck with your adventure tomorrow!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95042 Dec 31, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95043 Dec 31, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95044 Dec 31, 2013
You know what's ironic about that ship trapped in ice in Antarctica? They went there to prove sea ice is disappearing due to global warming.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95045 Dec 31, 2013
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!! Stay safe!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95046 Dec 31, 2013
You also cutie!
Stina2 wrote:
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!! Stay safe!!!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95048 Dec 31, 2013
Raising a glass to my imaginary friends. And another for Angela since she can't drink

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95049 Dec 31, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Raising a glass to my imaginary friends. And another for Angela since she can't drink
Thanks, tonka.

Tonight I helped a pug owner friend on FB with a health question about her pug, and thought of you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95050 Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for being here day in, day out, everybody.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#95051 Dec 31, 2013
Happy New York New Year everyone! May 2014 bring you more of what you hope for...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#95052 Dec 31, 2013
Happy 2014 everyone.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95053 Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Years All!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#95055 Jan 1, 2014
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks for being here day in, day out, everybody.
Hugs! Take them!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#95056 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Years all!
Looks like I was the only one who was in bed comforting his mutt @ midnight. Oh well, He was not liking the fireworks. Normally they dont bother him, but he must have been feeling stressed, so I got to put on music to muffle the noise.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95057 Jan 1, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Scrutiny 189,644
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 44 min Good riddance to ... 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Earthling-1 53,458
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 1,232,043
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr _Zoey_ 404
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,237
Dear Abby 5-22-15 7 hr tiredofit 8
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]