Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#95028 Dec 30, 2013
Happy Monday. Probably get to go home from hospital tomorrow. Let's see... Nine days plus two days plus seven days.... That's 18 days in the hospital this month.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#95029 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Happy Monday. Probably get to go home from hospital tomorrow. Let's see... Nine days plus two days plus seven days.... That's 18 days in the hospital this month.
Wow. How are you feeling? I hope January is kinder to you.:-/

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95030 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
That sux. Did they get that port in? Has it helped?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#95031 Dec 30, 2013
My bro is down here visiting. We went out Saturday night ... spur of the moment. He wanted to shoot some pool. So we went to try a new place. Parked in a parking lot behind all these bars and walked in the back door. Instead of going to the place we wanted to go to, we went to a death metal club, with live music, but we didn't realize until after we paid cover.

I was so not dressed for a death metal venue with a gray polo hoodie and a yellow lucky shirt with a German heraldry eagle on it. Everyone ... I mean everyone ... was all goth and wearing black. I stuck out like a sore thumb. It was so funny.

We stayed for a few beers anyway. Music sucked, tho.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#95032 Dec 30, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TJPIPB1QPT...

Abby for 12-30; Amy is taking some time to come up.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95033 Dec 30, 2013

Location hidden

#95034 Dec 30, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sux. Did they get that port in? Has it helped?
Too soon to tell. We will try it out today or tomorrow.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95035 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Too soon to tell. We will try it out today or tomorrow.
Hi, Ang! I've been off-line a few days. I hope you get to go home as planned and that you get some respite from all of this for some time. I can't imagine how exhausted and "over it" you must be feeling right now. Sending hugs and positive thoughts!

Location hidden

#95036 Dec 30, 2013
Thank you so much.

I just showered (with non sexy assistance) and that helped me feel better.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95037 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thank you so much.
I just showered (with non sexy assistance) and that helped me feel better.
That's a first step.

Are you allowed any booze at this point? Will you be able to see in the new year with a toast?

My 83 year old father had a knee replacement and has been in a nursing rehab center for the last 3 weeks. The center is having a new years party ( from 6-8,but still), but no booze. Even though it is not an old people's home per se there are a lot of stroke people, and long post surgical people and old people there.... just waiting

We are going to spring him for lunch and let hm have french fried onion rings ( with salt) and a cheeseburger from Hackney's

Location hidden

#95038 Dec 30, 2013
I am allowed to have booze, but (1) my pain reliever of choice right now is Tylenol (so no booze), and (2) I have zero desire to drink.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#95039 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I am allowed to have booze, but (1) my pain reliever of choice right now is Tylenol (so no booze), and (2) I have zero desire to drink.
Damn meds! Eh, you're not missing much. You've done that all before, I'm sure.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#95040 Dec 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have zero desire to drink.
For shame....

I'm gonna drink more just to make up for ya

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#95041 Dec 30, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a first step.
Are you allowed any booze at this point? Will you be able to see in the new year with a toast?
My 83 year old father had a knee replacement and has been in a nursing rehab center for the last 3 weeks. The center is having a new years party ( from 6-8,but still), but no booze. Even though it is not an old people's home per se there are a lot of stroke people, and long post surgical people and old people there.... just waiting
We are going to spring him for lunch and let hm have french fried onion rings ( with salt) and a cheeseburger from Hackney's
rings?!?! we call it the onion loaf, and leave out the adjective "glistening"... we had fun one time trying to explain it to SIL when my gramma & her sibs took us there. SIL's expression was priceless when she first saw it...

good luck with your adventure tomorrow!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95042 Dec 31, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#95043 Dec 31, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#95044 Dec 31, 2013
You know what's ironic about that ship trapped in ice in Antarctica? They went there to prove sea ice is disappearing due to global warming.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#95045 Dec 31, 2013
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!! Stay safe!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#95046 Dec 31, 2013
You also cutie!
Stina2 wrote:
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!! Stay safe!!!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#95048 Dec 31, 2013
Raising a glass to my imaginary friends. And another for Angela since she can't drink

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 51,264
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,870
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Earthling-1 49,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min J RULES 71,116
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr johnplustwomore 1,154,314
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 3 hr Mover 88
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]