Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94925 Dec 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I have a group of buds who get together for a guys movie night once a month or so. We saw that on release day. We all thought it sucked ... Last 45 min in particular was painful to watch ... They jumped the shark in an almost literal sense. Waste of $10.
We saw The Wolf of Wall Street today. It was heavier on coke & hookers and lighter on strategy (I thought it would be more about how the FBI caught him and put together the case) than I expected but overall entertaining.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94926 Dec 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Ended up back in the ER after the Christmas party last night. Will be here at least through Thursday. They drained 1.4L off my left lung on Friday... And about that much again this morning. Holy. Suit.
So you made it to Nick's family's Christmas Eve party and then went t the ER?

Was that the counteroffer?

What's your next step? A permanent drain?

Glad to hear that you are having some good days.

Where is all the fluid coming from?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94927 Dec 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Straw poll. Maybe I've asked before.
Big present.
From Santa or mom & dad?
My guy friends insist on the big present coming for them so they get the credit.

Location hidden

#94928 Dec 25, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you made it to Nick's family's Christmas Eve party and then went t the ER?
Was that the counteroffer?
What's your next step? A permanent drain?
Glad to hear that you are having some good days.
Where is all the fluid coming from?
Yes. Party was tough.

Permanent drain or surgery like we did to the right lung Don't know which yet.

Fluid is produced by irritation caused by the cancer.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94929 Dec 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My guy friends insist on the big present coming for them so they get the credit.
I'm a team player. I got no problem dishing the ball to Santa, cause I know he's gonna drive the lane and score. We win either way, but I feel we're a better team when we start feeding the rock to the fat man.(Can you tell I'm watching basketball?)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94930 Dec 26, 2013
Pizza place, the Mellow Mushroom, sent me an email wishing me the merriest and mellowest.

AAAAAHHHHHHH! They didn't say CHRISTMAS!

IT'S ALL PART OF THE WAR!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#94931 Dec 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Annnnnd, there's crying.
I cried a couple of times, but I get to blame mine on Aunt Flo.

Location hidden

#94932 Dec 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Pizza place, the Mellow Mushroom, sent me an email wishing me the merriest and mellowest.
AAAAAHHHHHHH! They didn't say CHRISTMAS!
IT'S ALL PART OF THE WAR!
and you are its foot soldier!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94933 Dec 26, 2013
Public television?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>This is not an attack on you, but it just kills me when I hear that term. Corporate greed. Anyone producing a tv show is doing it to make money. No one is doing it(nor most other jobs) for some altruistic purpose. I

Location hidden

#94934 Dec 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Public television?
<quoted text>
Doesn't famous public tv documentary film maker ken burns likely make some decent money?

#94935 Dec 26, 2013
Morning all,
Had a wonderful Christmas despite the fact that my AC crapped out Monday Night and I am still waiting for a fix.
Had my daughter, buddy and his wife, and his mother came down to celebrate with me.
Smoked Prime Rib is delicious, smashed potatoes, and buddy bought 4lbs of colossal stone crab claws.
Daughter gave me 4 framed pictures, one of me with a cigar, one of her and I, and one each of my stupid and my cat.
Well, gotta go call this place again, was promised a call back within an hour and it is past that.

#94936 Dec 26, 2013
I googled...
Like The Civil War, Baseball made money.“We get paid after many partners get paid back,” says Burns, who takes $125,000 a year in salary. Any profits–which come from sales of DVDs (Florentine ends up with maybe a few cents of every residual revenue dollar)–get reinvested in the next production. Burns supplements his film income with book sales and speeches to universities and businesses, perhaps $50,000 a speech to help his wife’s nonprofit (Room to Grow supports infants born to poor families) or repave the driveway of his home and office, a remodeled barn in Walpole, N.H. The studio is a mile and a half away.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't famous public tv documentary film maker ken burns likely make some decent money?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94937 Dec 26, 2013
We stopped in to the in-laws before the movie. Rest assured, there was more crying on my MIL's part and my step-FIL was not wearing a shirt. Whew!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94938 Dec 26, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a group of buds who get together for a guys movie night once a month or so. We saw that on release day. We all thought it sucked ... Last 45 min in particular was painful to watch ... They jumped the shark in an almost literal sense. Waste of $10.
It was about a half-hour too long and it felt forced.

When we got home, we watched Don Jon. Now *there's* a movie with a little something for everyone.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94939 Dec 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
We saw The Wolf of Wall Street today. It was heavier on coke & hookers and lighter on strategy (I thought it would be more about how the FBI caught him and put together the case) than I expected but overall entertaining.
So, what you are saying is that you like hookers and coke? ;p

Location hidden

#94940 Dec 26, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was about a half-hour too long and it felt forced.
When we got home, we watched Don Jon. Now *there's* a movie with a little something for everyone.
Yeah, the whole ending sucked. Before that, there were some funny parts. I laughed my butt off during the dinner scene.

Haven't seen Don Jon. I'll have to check it out.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94941 Dec 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Public television?
<quoted text>
Noting the exception to the rule does not negate the rule. PBS, by definition, is a non-profit organization. MTV is not, nor are most other networks.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94942 Dec 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
I googled...
Like The Civil War, Baseball made money.“We get paid after many partners get paid back,” says Burns, who takes $125,000 a year in salary. Any profits–which come from sales of DVDs (Florentine ends up with maybe a few cents of every residual revenue dollar)–get reinvested in the next production. Burns supplements his film income with book sales and speeches to universities and businesses, perhaps $50,000 a speech to help his wife’s nonprofit (Room to Grow supports infants born to poor families) or repave the driveway of his home and office, a remodeled barn in Walpole, N.H. The studio is a mile and a half away.
<quoted text>
No idea who this is. Rhat being said, he pulls in $125k a year? Plus gets $50k for speaking engagements? Seems like he's living high on the hog.

Location hidden

#94943 Dec 26, 2013
Saw the hobbit on Saturday. It wasn't bad, but the book was so much better than the two that have been released so far. I thought the lord of the rings movies were better than the two hobbit movies I've seen so far.

Location hidden

#94944 Dec 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>No idea who this is. Rhat being said, he pulls in $125k a year? Plus gets $50k for speaking engagements? Seems like he's living high on the hog.
After taxes, I wouldn't say he's living high on the hog, but he's not poor. I doubt the guy is flying around first class or living a life of luxury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min PolakPotrafi 1,208,295
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min ritedownthemiddle 52,446
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 186,025
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Red_Forman 828
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,163
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,833
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Real Talk 51,898
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]