#94823 Dec 22, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94824 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy

United States

#94825 Dec 22, 2013
Exactly what part of the Constitution do you think is being violated by a Federal judge overturning a State law? You do know the Federal law takes precedence over State law, don't you?
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Con--consti--tu--tution.....no pe, you made that up.
Jefferson Davis

Highland Park, IL

#94826 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Exactly what part of the Constitution do you think is being violated by a Federal judge overturning a State law? You do know the Federal law takes precedence over State law, don't you?
<quoted text>
Not always

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#94828 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Marriage is not a civil rights issue.

Gay marriage is not recognized by the federal government.

Therefore, a federal judge has no jurisdiction ruling on a state law banning gay marriage. Gay marriage is left up to the STATE. This case should never have crossed a federal judge's desk.

His ruling is completely meaningless.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#94829 Dec 22, 2013
Yes you did, and I replied.
I have no qualms with you giving me beer and money.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
RACE…
I sent you a PM

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94830 Dec 22, 2013
Went with a friend to a Christmas music concert at a house on the U of M campus. very lovely music. I really like the religious Christmas songs, the secular ones not so much. Lovely arrangements. Two originals. One was about the wise men. And the pregnant female singer had written a song about Mary and how she was the first person on earth to feel Jesus inside her, now something that everyone can feel, but how was it to be first? Very good stuff. We left early because I needed to get home and get bandages changed and meds taken and just... home, but it was a lovely way to get out for the night.

This atheist enjoyed herself.:)

Location hidden

#94831 Dec 23, 2013
My friend mindy(concert tonight) got a bday card this weekend from her grandma. Grandma wrote a note inside the card, said she was praying for me every day. Then added, "but next Christmas will be awful without her."

Hahahahahaha!!!! Mindy wasn't fazed at all, said it was just like the woman to say that. She took a picture and sent it to her own mom.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94832 Dec 23, 2013
Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF2NAU67J4...

I'm not gonna bother with Amy, it's an entire letter peddling charities.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94833 Dec 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This atheist enjoyed herself.:)
Glad you were able to feel the power of the Holy Spirit

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94834 Dec 23, 2013
So my niece just got engaged to her girlfriend. Who has a small boy. Not sure if his father is in his life or what kind of male role-model this kid has. So that's two things I'm opposed to. Do I congratulate her? Stay quiet? My silence will eventually be noticed. Do I let her know my stance? I fear that may cause her to alienate me.

Location hidden

#94835 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF2NAU67J4...
I'm not gonna bother with Amy, it's an entire letter peddling charities.
I saw Amy's charity column last night and thought, should this have run a little earlier than 12/23?

Location hidden

#94836 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you were able to feel the power of the Holy Spirit
Nah, no Holy Spirit, just an appreciation for pretty music, interesting arrangements, and a healthy respect for believers who use music to express themselves. I think two of the four performers are regular performers at my friend's small grassroots church (which operates out of a comedy club on Sundays, to save money from having their own place).

Location hidden

#94837 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
So my niece just got engaged to her girlfriend. Who has a small boy. Not sure if his father is in his life or what kind of male role-model this kid has. So that's two things I'm opposed to. Do I congratulate her? Stay quiet? My silence will eventually be noticed. Do I let her know my stance? I fear that may cause her to alienate me.
Congratulate her like you would any newly engaged couple.

Look, a dear friend of mine is engaged and I think it is a big mistake. But if things don't work out, does anyone die? No. So I slapped a smile on my face and wished him tons of happiness. Nothing negative you say will change what they do, so I figure, why even go there.

Location hidden

#94838 Dec 23, 2013
And you don't have to agree with her choices, but surely you'd rather she and all involved be happy and that things work out for the best, whatever that may be.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94839 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Perhap's just tell her, you are pleased to know she has found happiness? Everyone need'nt have to be aware of your opinion on every issue, don't you think?.....
Timmy

United States

#94840 Dec 23, 2013
Wrong on multiple counts
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is not a civil rights issue.
Gay marriage is not recognized by the federal government.
Therefore, a federal judge has no jurisdiction ruling on a state law banning gay marriage. Gay marriage is left up to the STATE. This case should never have crossed a federal judge's desk.
His ruling is completely meaningless.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#94841 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
I would say nothing.
You show us and smile, but not saying a word probably won't be noticed in all the festivities/celebrations/discu ssion/planning from the couple and family.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94842 Dec 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Well you need to ask yourself, do you WANT to be alienated? I think it should be pretty clear that your opinions will not be welcome nor will they alter her plans. Maybe you should take your own advice. You bark all the time about gays being 'in your face' with their gayness and that you don't care and don't wanna hear about it. Wht would you think your gay neice would want to hear what you have to say on the subject?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94843 Dec 23, 2013
For any Target customers out there...my wife called and ordered new credit cards, a quick and easy solution to the Target CC breach.....BTW, shopping there i noticed their frozen turkeys for 39 cents a pound....wish we could have it more than one day a year....lol....She sticks to our traditional Prime Rib(Roast Beast) at Christmas.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min mdbuilder 1,110,087
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min Stpitalredi 49,874
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Grau 68,497
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Fair Game 46,728
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 54 min LieutenantGov 4,033
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Blwlgo 1,930
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••