Timmy

United States

#94791 Dec 20, 2013
Nope, posted from my phone. You sharing the basement/attic with the other troll?
an ISP observer wrote:
<quoted text>Still at the office there young fella? Did the company change to a US proxy this evening?
Mimi

Renton, WA

#94792 Dec 20, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
Another state joins the 21st Century.
Hooray for New Mexico!
Going down like dominoes.
8^J
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
I came here just to say this but you beat me to it. I should have just known you'd take care of things. That's 34% now (got the math right this time) so more than 1/3 of the country and counting.:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94793 Dec 20, 2013
Okay, didn't sleep much, but tooka. Couple of cat naps in a hospital room that, surprisingly, is absolutely perfect temperature.

And I think it is retarded that a doctor has put me on a low fat, low salt, heart healthy diet while I am here.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#94794 Dec 21, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94799 Dec 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, didn't sleep much, but tooka. Couple of cat naps in a hospital room that, surprisingly, is absolutely perfect temperature.
And I think it is retarded that a doctor has put me on a low fat, low salt, heart healthy diet while I am here.
Hope you are out by now.

Location hidden

#94800 Dec 21, 2013
Not until this afternoon, I think.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#94801 Dec 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Shocker!!
Bro's rooms were colder than meat lockers!!

Location hidden

#94802 Dec 21, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocker!!
Bro's rooms were colder than meat lockers!!
I slept well without any covers over me, that is how perfect the room temp is. Typically, it has been quite cold in these rooms.
Giglinx

Hoffman Estates, IL

#94803 Dec 21, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Nope, posted from my phone. You sharing the basement/attic with the other troll?
<quoted text>
Okie doakie.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#94804 Dec 21, 2013
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>
I came here just to say this but you beat me to it. I should have just known you'd take care of things. That's 34% now (got the math right this time) so more than 1/3 of the country and counting.:)
Weddings happening in UTAH (of all places) now!!!
SO, 18 and more to come!!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#94805 Dec 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text> Weddings happening in UTAH (of all places) now!!!
SO, 18 and more to come!!
Calm down, that's just one judge's ruling that the gay marriage ban is unconstitutional. The marriages aren't legal yet. The legislative branch makes laws, not the judicial. I predict this will be challenged.
chittown irregular

New York, NY

#94806 Dec 21, 2013
I need a hug.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#94807 Dec 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, that's just one judge's ruling that the gay marriage ban is unconstitutional. The marriages aren't legal yet. The legislative branch makes laws, not the judicial. I predict this will be challenged.
It *is* unconstitutional which is why the courts keep saying it. But, if it helps you get through another day without putting a gun in your mouth, keep thinking that things will change to be the way YOU think they should be.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94808 Dec 21, 2013
Number one, it was a FEDERAL judge that made the ruling. Since when does a federal judge rule on state matters?

Two, marriage is not a defined *right* in the constitution.-(If it was, I could marry a horse and no one could say boo about it)

This was an unconstitutional ruling by an unqualified judge to rule in such matters and will be fought -(and won)- by the appellate STATE court.

Dam that Constitution thing! Always getting in the way!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#94809 Dec 21, 2013
Christmas Light? Sure can and sure do! Some years I get a boat parade going with some of my friends, hard to get it all coordinated though. But ever Christmas Eve, I go out with my Kenny G Christmas music blasting (dont judge me!)
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you put lights on your boat? Can you put lights on a boat?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#94810 Dec 21, 2013
Red, hope your feeling better, Your an amazing woman.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#94811 Dec 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Number one, it was a FEDERAL judge that made the ruling. Since when does a federal judge rule on state matters?
When the state infringes on the civil rights of citizens.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#94812 Dec 21, 2013
so, anyone with experience with mood stabilizers, especially for those who tend towards depression, is it common to "flake out" and act spacy/buzzed/alzheimers-ish?

hot mess SIL came over to bake cookies today, and from the start had some difficulties, but it got worse during the day. at one point, she was asking me something about a dentist appointment she though i went with her on, another question about someone i had with me when i ran into her at shopko... Neither of which happened. she was wobbly on her feet at times too... she would change subjects in the middle of sentences, start talking about "steve" then refer to "her" in the next sentence. she came in and out of it, and would apologize saying she didn't know what was up when she was whacked out. it got less bad after she ate (probably her first real meal of the day at 5pm).

plus, she thinks whenever we don't text her back right away that we're mad at her, so she thought when we asked for clarification (b/c we had NO idea WTF she was talking about) that we were either messing with her or mad at her. that's getting old, and even harder to deal with when she's out of it like she was today.

OY! I knew it could be a day, but this was more than i bargained for! any insights would be helpful & appreciated. And, if applicable, you're welcome for the laughs. hubby & i will laugh at this some day...

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#94813 Dec 21, 2013
oh, and another sign of how out of it she'd get... SIL was getting mad at me because i was laughing at how she was trying to figure out the phone. i so wanted to tell her taht phones don't have "on demand" buttons, but i decided to be nice and hand her the phone instead....

they couldn't write a better comedy, adn hubby was sorry he missed it, but it was freaky to be a part of that.
redheadwglasses

Saint Paul, MN

#94814 Dec 21, 2013
I don't know much but it sounds like she either needs her meds rechecked by her shrink/doctor, or she's overtaking/abusing them.

She sure as hell shouldn't be driving!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,935
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 46 min Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 49 min Roxie Darling 718
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 49,182
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques Ottawa 181,797
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 4 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 4 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News