Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

wishing death is not really what I wish, I wish a long slow debilitating disease that leave him wearing depends and unable to eat solid food.
Oh, wait he's already got that?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

What was the big blow up?
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That does make sense. I considered Angelique an on-line friend, too, because I was an active poster back then. I think we were FB friends too for awhile, IIRC. I was on break when everything blew up and when I was hearing she "scammed" people, I see that more as a money-related type thing.
I am FB friends with people from here, too, and have met several people IRL and I am glad for it!!!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
What was the big blow up?
<quoted text>
I guess when everyone found out Angelique wasn't real? IDK - I was "gone" then. JayLee told me about it some at the time when we got together once, but I don't even remember.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Who brings their kid up this way anymore?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/flor...
I hope I am!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

So how are all you little worker bees today?
I am pumping the gas out of my boat 'cause I got water in there. So if I start acting a little loopy later you'll know why.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I splurged and bought the cats a really expensive dry food, one of those all natural things with dried blueberries, etc. "Blue" something in the label, etc. they weren't too jazzed about it. I feed them all the canned they can eat, so rose was eating a lot of canned food. Cheap canned food, so she was crapping like a hungover frat boy (seriously, there were things in there that were so huge, it had to hurt). Then I ran out of IAMS, which I was mixing with the new expensive stuff. The couple of times I made it to the store (I no longer am driving), they were out of their IAMS. Then I gave up on trying to get them to eat the expensive dry and started feeding it to the stray toms that came to my back porch.
I started feeding my cats the cheap clearance crap from Walmart that I had bought for the stray toms. They liked it okay. Rose would eat all the canned she was given, then finish Mia's. She was becoming a real pig.
Finally got a bag of IAMS and now Rosie camps out and chows on dry, wants far less canned, and the litter box looks much better. She walks away before eating all the canned she is given. So she isn't a huge pig, the poor girl just was hungry without her favorite dry food!
When I had a cat many years ago, I made the mistake of feeding that cat those little Fancy Feast cat food cans. Always had dry food as well. Never would touch another brand of wet food. It had to be Fancy Feast or nothing. Damn cats.:D It was a beautiful kitty. Got out once and I believe someone stole her.:(

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I am!
Me,too. That was so heartwarming; it's beautiful to see a kid think outside himself like that.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
So how are all you little worker bees today?
I am pumping the gas out of my boat 'cause I got water in there. So if I start acting a little loopy later you'll know why.
How will we be able to tell???

Enjoy your vacation and have a Merry Christmas, RACE!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Sad to hear Larry Lujack, beloved DJ from WLS, died today....How many remember listening to Lujack and his Top 40, while growing up in Chicagoland?.......On Top Of Old Smokie...lol...R.I.P. Larry....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sad to hear Larry Lujack, beloved DJ from WLS, died today....How many remember listening to Lujack and his Top 40, while growing up in Chicagoland?.......On Top Of Old Smokie...lol...R.I.P. Larry....
I loved Animal Stories; even had the album as a kid.

"Is he gonna be OK, Uncle Lar?"

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
No, Little Tommy, the hamster is not going to be okay...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a big softie. Now my friends have friended him on FB. My gift to my wonderful, generous mom is to just start fresh with him and play nice. Isn't that what you would want as a mom?
Yes of course.

My SIL and her sister do not get along. This year the sister refused to come to Thanksgiving with the family and insisted that their mom choose which house she would go to.

Based on that family's history, I don't predict a resolution. Thanksgiving was way too pleasant and lacked drama .

You are lucky in that respect.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved Animal Stories; even had the album as a kid.
"Is he gonna be OK, Uncle Lar?"
(yours hadn't posted when I wrote my reply. Hah!)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Got a text from a friend inviting me to lunch at the last minute. In 30 mnutes, I showered, did bandages, makeup, and hair, got dressed, put on jewelry, took my meds, packed my meds, packed more bandages, called a cab (which got her right away!), and was out the door! It felt good to be forced to become human so quickly!

Friend is showing up in an hour after her last final exam (nursing school), then the rest of the women from my softball team (co-ed, so only three more women) will show up this evening to help me hang Christmas lights. It will be good to have all five women together for the first time since the season ended.

Had an extra half hour at Macy's in downtown Mpls, so I bought myself some gorgeous Ralph Lauren red leather gloves and a nice pair of black lined ones for Nick's mom for Christmas. Ate a ginormous salad (yay fiber!) and it was a $12 lunch worth every penny.

I'm exhausted from the walking, but in a great mood.

I found a family to take all my camping gear and that makes me very, very happy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

For anyone who goes to my Caringbridge site, my mom finally postd and I think you'll get a chuckle out of it, especially if you read my post about biting kids who were mean to a handicapped girl at the bus stop.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
For anyone who goes to my Caringbridge site, my mom finally postd and I think you'll get a chuckle out of it, especially if you read my post about biting kids who were mean to a handicapped girl at the bus stop.
Going to check it out now!:-)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Judged:

Another state joins the 21st Century.
Hooray for New Mexico!
Going down like dominoes.
8^J

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I did all the time. I can't remember who was on WCFL (their rival) at the time. Do you?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

Thank you, the boat is back in action and the holiday's are here!
You have a Merry Christmas too cutie. I will think of you being naughty!
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How will we be able to tell???
Enjoy your vacation and have a Merry Christmas, RACE!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And cheluzal, I bragged about your awesome care of your brother to my mom, including the expensive hospital bed, and she likes you a lot for that, because she would have done the same thing.
Awww....how sweet are you and your mom?
I'm proud of my family for coming together. Apparently, it is a rare thing, according to health care workers. ;p
xoxo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••