Topix Chitown Regulars
redheadwglasses

Saint Paul, MN

#94814 Dec 21, 2013
I don't know much but it sounds like she either needs her meds rechecked by her shrink/doctor, or she's overtaking/abusing them.

She sure as hell shouldn't be driving!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94815 Dec 21, 2013
Sounds her meds need to be readjusted by her doc, or she's abusing/over taking them.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#94816 Dec 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sounds her meds need to be readjusted by her doc, or she's abusing/over taking them.
yup, we too think it's time for another adjustment... she's tried a couple different things, and half of them make her too dopey (even worse than today). we walk a fine line between being supportive and being "big brotherly." We're about the only ones who are supportive at our best, neutral at worst. even her kids bitch about her conditon and lot in life.

Des Plaines, IL

#94817 Dec 21, 2013
SIL is aware of what's going on... she said after one particularly daffy conversation that she hates feeling like this. we mentioned that maybe she should check in with her therapist on the side effects... oy.

Des Plaines, IL

#94818 Dec 21, 2013
Red! YOur place looks so festive! you should keep the lights up all the time! and i love the architecture too...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#94819 Dec 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Number one, it was a FEDERAL judge that made the ruling. Since when does a federal judge rule on state matters?
Two, marriage is not a defined *right* in the constitution.-(If it was, I could marry a horse and no one could say boo about it)
This was an unconstitutional ruling by an unqualified judge to rule in such matters and will be fought -(and won)- by the appellate STATE court.
Dam that Constitution thing! Always getting in the way!
Con--consti--tu--tution.....no pe, you made that up.

Location hidden

#94820 Dec 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
Red, hope your feeling better, Your an amazing woman.
Aw, thanks.:)

Location hidden

#94821 Dec 22, 2013
Did my first solo injection this morning, it went well.

need 21 days of shots (two shots a day). So far was given only five days' worth.$560.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#94822 Dec 22, 2013
RACE…

I sent you a PM

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94823 Dec 22, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94824 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy

United States

#94825 Dec 22, 2013
Exactly what part of the Constitution do you think is being violated by a Federal judge overturning a State law? You do know the Federal law takes precedence over State law, don't you?
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Con--consti--tu--tution.....no pe, you made that up.
Jefferson Davis

Deerfield, IL

#94826 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Exactly what part of the Constitution do you think is being violated by a Federal judge overturning a State law? You do know the Federal law takes precedence over State law, don't you?
<quoted text>
Not always

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#94828 Dec 22, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Marriage is not a civil rights issue.

Gay marriage is not recognized by the federal government.

Therefore, a federal judge has no jurisdiction ruling on a state law banning gay marriage. Gay marriage is left up to the STATE. This case should never have crossed a federal judge's desk.

His ruling is completely meaningless.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94829 Dec 22, 2013
Yes you did, and I replied.
I have no qualms with you giving me beer and money.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
RACE…
I sent you a PM

Location hidden

#94830 Dec 22, 2013
Went with a friend to a Christmas music concert at a house on the U of M campus. very lovely music. I really like the religious Christmas songs, the secular ones not so much. Lovely arrangements. Two originals. One was about the wise men. And the pregnant female singer had written a song about Mary and how she was the first person on earth to feel Jesus inside her, now something that everyone can feel, but how was it to be first? Very good stuff. We left early because I needed to get home and get bandages changed and meds taken and just... home, but it was a lovely way to get out for the night.

This atheist enjoyed herself.:)

Location hidden

#94831 Dec 23, 2013
My friend mindy(concert tonight) got a bday card this weekend from her grandma. Grandma wrote a note inside the card, said she was praying for me every day. Then added, "but next Christmas will be awful without her."

Hahahahahaha!!!! Mindy wasn't fazed at all, said it was just like the woman to say that. She took a picture and sent it to her own mom.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#94832 Dec 23, 2013
Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TF2NAU67J4...

I'm not gonna bother with Amy, it's an entire letter peddling charities.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#94833 Dec 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This atheist enjoyed herself.:)
Glad you were able to feel the power of the Holy Spirit

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#94834 Dec 23, 2013
So my niece just got engaged to her girlfriend. Who has a small boy. Not sure if his father is in his life or what kind of male role-model this kid has. So that's two things I'm opposed to. Do I congratulate her? Stay quiet? My silence will eventually be noticed. Do I let her know my stance? I fear that may cause her to alienate me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min HumptyTrumpty 1,781,690
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min loose cannon 243,584
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 26 min Actor 96
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr More fun 135
Booby DeNiro guarantees Donald's 2020 election ... 1 hr Dwarf sized BOOB 14
News Teen shot at Chicago party dies 20 hours after ... 2 hr TAP 1
Trump is A (Oct '17) 2 hr Jenkins 876

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages