Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

I will, actually my buddy was telling me the same thing about the glucoesamine. I have just switched to this vet, after my cat passed away last month, the place I had used left such a bitter taste in my mouth, I decided to switch. This place seems very nice, they volunteered to work up estimates of costs so I could choose what I wanted done, the other place would have not done that unless I specifically asked. They would have gone straight to the $$ option.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Alway's remember, the Vets have their own expensive versions of these drugs.......also, if possible talk to as many other dog owners as you can.....for your own benefit.....
A thought

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was her scam? I just heard she wasn't who she said she was and it was something that happened when I was on a break for awhile. Why is that a big deal? Did she steal money from people or something? What was the scam?
IDK what 'her' endgame was. It might simply have been for the self aggrandizement of pulling off a big troll game on people, making them think she was a 'therapist' and having them take tests to see if they were introverts.. race admires 'her' troll capabilities and he kept up with her. Sub still does, as well. She's been doing this on several forums. I hope she wasn't stealing money from anyone but it's typical that after people are scammed they are embarrassed and don't advertise what happened to them. A lot of people quit posting after 'she' left. Ask EEE or teri or Garth if you keep up with them, if they really existed after all. I mean- she portrayed you as some sort of "kitten with a whip" for some reason. IDK why. Do you? I called Angelique770 on 'her' BS. She got pizzed and held a grudge. Does that HAVE to make sense? Or, do we just accept the story about the government not picking up her grant to study Topix and she went off to travel the world with her Secret Service husband?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

A thought wrote:
<quoted text>IDK what 'her' endgame was. It might simply have been for the self aggrandizement of pulling off a big troll game on people, making them think she was a 'therapist' and having them take tests to see if they were introverts.. race admires 'her' troll capabilities and he kept up with her. Sub still does, as well. She's been doing this on several forums. I hope she wasn't stealing money from anyone but it's typical that after people are scammed they are embarrassed and don't advertise what happened to them. A lot of people quit posting after 'she' left. Ask EEE or teri or Garth if you keep up with them, if they really existed after all. I mean- she portrayed you as some sort of "kitten with a whip" for some reason. IDK why. Do you? I called Angelique770 on 'her' BS. She got pizzed and held a grudge. Does that HAVE to make sense? Or, do we just accept the story about the government not picking up her grant to study Topix and she went off to travel the world with her Secret Service husband?
This still makes no sense. Even if someone took some introvert tests and the like, how is that a scam? They have those in magazines all the time. And why would anyone be embarrassed about that? Maybe there's more to it that I am missing, but that isn't anything remotely close to what a scam is. You rarely know who you are talking to, but I can attest that a lot of the people from back then do exist. All in all, I am not sure why it's such a big deal anyway that some people are even bringing it up years later. It's a bit crazy-town, if you ask me. It's like constantly dragging up an argument you had with a cashier on April 10, 1996 about the price of gum. It really doesn't matter. <smh> Obviously I am missing something here.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

I splurged and bought the cats a really expensive dry food, one of those all natural things with dried blueberries, etc. "Blue" something in the label, etc. they weren't too jazzed about it. I feed them all the canned they can eat, so rose was eating a lot of canned food. Cheap canned food, so she was crapping like a hungover frat boy (seriously, there were things in there that were so huge, it had to hurt). Then I ran out of IAMS, which I was mixing with the new expensive stuff. The couple of times I made it to the store (I no longer am driving), they were out of their IAMS. Then I gave up on trying to get them to eat the expensive dry and started feeding it to the stray toms that came to my back porch.

I started feeding my cats the cheap clearance crap from Walmart that I had bought for the stray toms. They liked it okay. Rose would eat all the canned she was given, then finish Mia's. She was becoming a real pig.

Finally got a bag of IAMS and now Rosie camps out and chows on dry, wants far less canned, and the litter box looks much better. She walks away before eating all the canned she is given. So she isn't a huge pig, the poor girl just was hungry without her favorite dry food!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I splurged and bought the cats a really expensive dry food, one of those all natural things with dried blueberries, etc. "Blue" something in the label, etc. they weren't too jazzed about it. I feed them all the canned they can eat, so rose was eating a lot of canned food. Cheap canned food, so she was crapping like a hungover frat boy (seriously, there were things in there that were so huge, it had to hurt). Then I ran out of IAMS, which I was mixing with the new expensive stuff. The couple of times I made it to the store (I no longer am driving), they were out of their IAMS. Then I gave up on trying to get them to eat the expensive dry and started feeding it to the stray toms that came to my back porch.
I started feeding my cats the cheap clearance crap from Walmart that I had bought for the stray toms. They liked it okay. Rose would eat all the canned she was given, then finish Mia's. She was becoming a real pig.
Finally got a bag of IAMS and now Rosie camps out and chows on dry, wants far less canned, and the litter box looks much better. She walks away before eating all the canned she is given. So she isn't a huge pig, the poor girl just was hungry without her favorite dry food!
That's what you get for trying to spoil them!!!
A thought

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
This still makes no sense. Even if someone took some introvert tests and the like, how is that a scam? They have those in magazines all the time. And why would anyone be embarrassed about that? Maybe there's more to it that I am missing, but that isn't anything remotely close to what a scam is. You rarely know who you are talking to, but I can attest that a lot of the people from back then do exist. All in all, I am not sure why it's such a big deal anyway that some people are even bringing it up years later. It's a bit crazy-town, if you ask me. It's like constantly dragging up an argument you had with a cashier on April 10, 1996 about the price of gum. It really doesn't matter. <smh> Obviously I am missing something here.
Yes, I think you are.

You DID ask though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Stina, I think it felt like more of a betrayal to quite a few people. They trusted Angelique, thought of her as a friend, confided in her, etc. for a while, I think? Like a year?

So to find out you were duped is more than a little embarrassing, perhaps, because you throw in oh her emotions. Maybe sort of like a person who got scammed by a con man posing as a man in love with you? That is my take on it, anyway.

then you throw in some crazy ass people like ferrerman and the other seeming trolls who show up in his wake (or vice versa), and who know in whom to believe?

Meanwhile, friends I've never met in the Washington post Carolyn Hax forum collected money an d sent me a gift card totaling $975. THAT is trust to me, on so many levels. People sending money to someone they've never met for someone they'll never meet. Care packages from people I've never met or spoken with one-on-one, like on the phone or even just by email.

The level of trust and willingness to believe is remarkable, give the otherwise anonymity of this medium.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

We had a yellow lab that had ear infections all the time.....we went through everything we or the vet could think of.......finally this great guy that owns a pet store asked....Do you feed her dry food with grain in it ? Turn's out some dogs have an allergy to grain.....We bought this more expensive fancy dry food that had salmon and bison in it but zero grain......her ears cleared up completely.....incredible..... You never know, who might give you some great advice....lol....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

I grew up with redneck dogs. Whichever dog wanders on the property and stayd becomes ours and they all stay outside (unless it's super cold, then a garage) and eat all the leftover human food.
We've never had a problem.
Never did much vet stuff but put to sleep when ill/sick.

My mom had one recently she loved and was giving it my bro's Oxycodone in the water at the end before she could get to a vet!:/

Bro's dog woke mom one night when bro was not breathing right. He slept under bro many nights...after bro passed, the dog just eventually wandered off. Found him at a neighbor but the neighbor kept him and he has others to play with now, so it's all good I suppose.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

I am on vacation!
I am on vacation!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Heck, I got gifts and flowers from wapo people I wasn't even buddy buddy with, while in the hospital. I can't. Say that I would have sent such things were our roles reversed.

Now, granted, being FB friends with a few people here, having met a couple in RL, speaking with One on the phone, that can step things up a notch.

It is heartwarming, really, when you think about it. I am not much of a cynic. I think of people here who have been honest about things in their lives like financial hardship, and I trust them enough that I would reach out in a tough situation to help how I could. Heck I did that this week with pixx. Remember her? She is having a really really shitty December, so I asked her for her email address, then sent her an amazon gift card, just as a mom-type thing to do. When she got the email, she cried. She needed to know that some online friend (FB) cares.

Heck, Jess posted a big thing of animal puns to my FB wall and mentioned how PE would love that.:). We know each other in different ways and I think the whole online community is pretty cool.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Well, I dont feel scammed or embarrassed. I have no feelings towards her one way or the other. Either she was who she said she was, or she was not. Either way it has no impact on how I view myself.

Would you feel betrayed if I told you I really dont like beer? Would you feel scammed?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stina, I think it felt like more of a betrayal to quite a few people. They trusted Angelique, thought of her as a friend, confided in her, etc. for a while, I think? Like a year?
So to find out you were duped is more than a little embarrassing, perhaps, because you throw in oh her emotions. Maybe sort of like a person who got scammed by a con man posing as a man in love with you? That is my take on it, anyway.
then you throw in some crazy ass people like ferrerman and the other seeming trolls who show up in his wake (or vice versa), and who know in whom to believe?
Meanwhile, friends I've never met in the Washington post Carolyn Hax forum collected money an d sent me a gift card totaling $975. THAT is trust to me, on so many levels. People sending money to someone they've never met for someone they'll never meet. Care packages from people I've never met or spoken with one-on-one, like on the phone or even just by email.
The level of trust and willingness to believe is remarkable, give the otherwise anonymity of this medium.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

And cheluzal, I bragged about your awesome care of your brother to my mom, including the expensive hospital bed, and she likes you a lot for that, because she would have done the same thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, I dont feel scammed or embarrassed. I have no feelings towards her one way or the other. Either she was who she said she was, or she was not. Either way it has no impact on how I view myself.
Would you feel betrayed if I told you I really dont like beer? Would you feel scammed?
<quoted text>
I gave Angelique benefit of the doubt but I didn't ever really get to "friend" level with her as others did. So I can understand how some others felt differently when it all blew up. I'm not going to be harsh on people for trusting then feeling betrayed. People are trusting ME right now, and we all have read the rare news stories of people who faked cancer to get money, gifts, attention, etc. even being duped by a close loved one.

I sort of would rather people err on the side of belief than assume the worst in others all the time.
A thought

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
That's sweet. Did you have a real life too? It seems you were busier than most with you internet obsessions.

Best wishes in the New Year!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

You know what's not a scam? That people here care about each other.

If one of you parents here lost a child, my heart would break for you.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I did that this week with pixx. Remember her? She is having a really really shitty December, so I asked her for her email address, then sent her an amazon gift card
We're all having a shtty December! An Amazon gift card would do nothing for me! Send me a mortgage payment!

And Red, doctors are... doctors. Not psychics. Don't put a tag on your toe just yet. And eat asparagus. I heard somewhere that asparagus lowers cancer cells.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

A thought wrote:
<quoted text>That's sweet. Did you have a real life too? It seems you were busier than most with you internet obsessions.
Best wishes in the New Year!
with you internet obsessions? Maybe you should blog about it after taking it from thread to thread. irony, lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Internet obsessions? Huh? Whatever.
A thought

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave Angelique benefit of the doubt but I didn't ever really get to "friend" level with her as others did. So I can understand how some others felt differently when it all blew up. I'm not going to be harsh on people for trusting then feeling betrayed. People are trusting ME right now, and we all have read the rare news stories of people who faked cancer to get money, gifts, attention, etc. even being duped by a close loved one.
I sort of would rather people err on the side of belief than assume the worst in others all the time.
That happened on the Main Forum. Sublime is friendly with the woman who did it. If you are faking your death here and on the Washington Post Whatever or anywhere else, I don't care. I'm not gonna ask for a death certificate. You people are entertainment whether you're lying or dying, kinda like Tonka once wrote about everybody being characters. The thing about Angelique is that 3+ years later, she's still miffed and chasing me. I could quit Topix for good or fake my death. You once wished me dead just for posting here. That little slice of karma was 3+ years ago. How'd that work out for you? I come here for fun. I make fun of Sublime because he invites it AND he lets it get to him. Same with race. Same with Angelique..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,863
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TheIndependentMajority 1,081,642
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min danetoo 68,038
Abby 7-28 51 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-28 53 min edogxxx 1
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 4 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••