Topix Chitown Regulars

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94747 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Well, going into respiratory distress, home nurse is sending me to the ER to check in for another fun stay. Just have to wrap up a few things here (pets, garbage), already keep a "go" bag packed, ready for three days there. This sucks.
Will check in with you all later when I'm bored in a room.
That sucks, but look at the bright side. If this was 20 years ago, you'd have bery limited entertainment options. Now you (I assume)have a good selection of tv channels, maybe some movies on demand, and mobile devices with wifi access opeing up a world of options to fight the boredom.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94748 Dec 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That sucks, but look at the bright side. If this was 20 years ago, you'd have bery limited entertainment options. Now you (I assume)have a good selection of tv channels, maybe some movies on demand, and mobile devices with wifi access opeing up a world of options to fight the boredom.
TV is okay. I am very grateful for my iPad and my new smartphone!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94749 Dec 20, 2013
My caringbridge post just now:

Dec 20, 2013 11:20 AM
So... At united hospital as they run tests to find the cause of my shortness of breath. Finding fluid build up where there should be none (pericardium, which has that hole cut in it for draining), and fluid where there doesn't seem to been enough to be causing so much distress, but it is tough to tell, so on to more tests. I managed to get in a much needed nap, though.

Crossing fingers that this isn't an overnight stay!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94750 Dec 20, 2013
I have a bday party tonight and a music concert Sunday night. I don't want to miss either.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94751 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a bday party tonight and a music concert Sunday night. I don't want to miss either.
Dang, you have been going in so often they probably have your room reserved for you.

At least you can escape re;entles Christmas music, so there is always that.

Feel better, kid.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94752 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a bday party tonight and a music concert Sunday night. I don't want to miss either.
Red, i surely join everyone in wishing you improved health, especially during Christmas.....I just wanted to know if you have been prescribed any inhalers?....I have COPD and shortness of breath from a lifetime of menthol cigarettes and Symbicort is the first inhaler i have had, that i can really feel a difference....

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94753 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a bday party tonight and a music concert Sunday night. I don't want to miss either.
I pray they send you home so you can attend your events and at least be more comfortable!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94754 Dec 20, 2013
I'm hungry but they won't let me eat. Grrrr. Next up is full round of chest/heart ekgs. They don't yet know whether I get to go home tonight.

Nick and I were going to have sex tonight for the first time since my diagnosis!!! grrrrr

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#94755 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm hungry but they won't let me eat. Grrrr. Next up is full round of chest/heart ekgs. They don't yet know whether I get to go home tonight.
Nick and I were going to have sex tonight for the first time since my diagnosis!!! grrrrr
Hospital rooms have locks on the doors, right?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94756 Dec 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospital rooms have locks on the doors, right?
Nope. And when they do, they are disabled so they won't work, including bathrooms.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94757 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm hungry but they won't let me eat. Grrrr. Next up is full round of chest/heart ekgs. They don't yet know whether I get to go home tonight.
Nick and I were going to have sex tonight for the first time since my diagnosis!!! grrrrr
I hope you don't have to stay and that you and Nick get your night. Sex is suppose to be very good for the immune system, you know!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94758 Dec 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospital rooms have locks on the doors, right?
I like how you think!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94759 Dec 20, 2013
Because I am dealing with low sodium levels, I did bring in all nods to snack on, so I went ahead. The lung draining is something you're awake for, I've had it done after meals.

Blood clot in my lower right lung. That's the main reason they want to keep me over night. Said it can't move anywhere, but are concerned with what may be behind it.

I wonder if I'm doing a good enough job of faking it for the troll.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#94760 Dec 20, 2013
A question wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds great. I didn't ask though.
BTW, how do you "know" I'm Ferrerman? Am I the only one on Topix NOT omniscient? Just wondering.
looks like you have your toothless boyfriend fooled.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/T765V3I...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94761 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Because I am dealing with low sodium levels, I did bring in all nods to snack on, so I went ahead. The lung draining is something you're awake for, I've had it done after meals.
Blood clot in my lower right lung. That's the main reason they want to keep me over night. Said it can't move anywhere, but are concerned with what may be behind it.
I wonder if I'm doing a good enough job of faking it for the troll.
You're doing an excellent job for the troll. It's almost like you have cancer or something horrible.

:(

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#94762 Dec 20, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing an excellent job for the troll. It's almost like you have cancer or something horrible.
:(
It takes all my time just to do the research!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94763 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Because I am dealing with low sodium levels, I did bring in all nods to snack on, so I went ahead. The lung draining is something you're awake for, I've had it done after meals.

Blood clot in my lower right lung. That's the main reason they want to keep me over night. Said it can't move anywhere, but are concerned with what may be behind it.

I wonder if I'm doing a good enough job of faking it for the troll.
Boo. I hope you get to go home tomorrow.
Timmy

United States

#94764 Dec 20, 2013
Glad to see you are able to post here again. It was getting a bit boring while you were gone. Hope you are well enough to go home tonight. And regardless where Topix says I am posting from, I am in sunny Florida (82 degrees right now) in Tonka's neck of the woods.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes all my time just to do the research!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#94765 Dec 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. And when they do, they are disabled so they won't work, including bathrooms.
Well, that sucks...

How about a chair jammed under the door knob?
Martin Joy

Hoffman Estates, IL

#94766 Dec 20, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Glad to see you are able to post here again. It was getting a bit boring while you were gone. Hope you are well enough to go home tonight. And regardless where Topix says I am posting from, I am in sunny Florida (82 degrees right now) in Tonka's neck of the woods.
<quoted text>
Topix doesn't assign ISP's. It still could be a proxy. Good research on the weather in South Florida though...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min John Galt 1,277,680
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min District 1 197,017
News Emanuel set to call for largest property tax hi... 1 hr Bama Yankee 1
TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, mi... 1 hr lichtran 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 54,578
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr 40ish 6,435
News Doctor disciplined for allegedly chastising Chi... (Jul '09) 5 hr thenose 162
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages