Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Love you guys.
I'm trying to get better at using the L word. It's not something my family says a lot, but my girlfriends do a lot, so I'm warming up to it.
Love you too Red - you are sorely missed!!!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
-2nd Corinthians 4:16-18
This made me cry.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Love you guys.
I'm trying to get better at using the L word. It's not something my family says a lot, but my girlfriends do a lot, so I'm warming up to it.
Love you too!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And in case you didn't have this.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/angelanims
Post there or don't, read there or don't. It doesn't matter to me, it's just info of all kinds for people. over 10,000 visits, so belonging to internet forums is blowing my relatives away with all the people posting. My mom and her sisters are drawing no small comfort from the posts.
People are wonderful if you just give them the chance to step up and give them opportunity to do something they like to do!:)
Good to see you.

Wow. 10.000 messages. Good karma. That means you will come back as a fat pussycat in a nice suburban home with a back yard.

Whatever your path , let it be easy.
edogxxx

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
This made me cry.
Sorry, that wasn't quite my intent

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

So, I was walking my mutt last friday and he suddenly yelped and started limping. I tried to carry him home, but he insisted on walking, limping all the way back to the house.

Ended up taking him to the vet and turns out he tore his ACL (yup, just like athletes do) So, he gets excellent pain meds and anti-inflamatory pills for the next two weeks.

Oh, and no steps or jumping, which means *I* have to sleep in the living room, so he does not try to get on the bed.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that wasn't quite my intent
No, in a good way.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

RACE wrote:
So, I was walking my mutt last friday and he suddenly yelped and started limping. I tried to carry him home, but he insisted on walking, limping all the way back to the house.
Ended up taking him to the vet and turns out he tore his ACL (yup, just like athletes do) So, he gets excellent pain meds and anti-inflamatory pills for the next two weeks.
Oh, and no steps or jumping, which means *I* have to sleep in the living room, so he does not try to get on the bed.
One of our neighbors has a yellow lab and she did something to her hip (she likes to play in the lake and the rocks near it, so I think she may have slipped) and had to have surgery and be in a full-leg cast for 6 weeks. This family lives on the second floor and they had (OK, dad did most of it) to carry her down the two flights 2-3 times daily.

It seems you have it easy.
:D

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Yeah, what we dont do for our mutts. He's doing better, but I actually wince when I watch him walk around.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
One of our neighbors has a yellow lab and she did something to her hip (she likes to play in the lake and the rocks near it, so I think she may have slipped) and had to have surgery and be in a full-leg cast for 6 weeks. This family lives on the second floor and they had (OK, dad did most of it) to carry her down the two flights 2-3 times daily.
It seems you have it easy.
:D

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yuck! My little dog did that twice. She had to have surgery once for it (not cheap)! It was really hard to get her to heal because we lived in a tr-level townhouse. We had to get her up and down stairs just to take her out.

Hope he heals quick!

On another note, there is an outdoor neighborhood cat that got hurt. Back legs are completely paralyzed. The neighbor that it belongs to wasn't home when a neighbor found it (but got home later(. It drags itself with its front legs and the back ones just flop back and forth. This was night before last. I come home last night and that poor cat is still sitting outside only able to hobble around! I don't know what to do. It was cold out, too. We gave the cat a box (with the side cut out so it can get in and out), but I can't believe this neighbor hasn't done anything to help this cat. I would have knocked on her door last night but it was kind of late and there is a baby in the house. I was all angry and upset to tears last night. I have 2 dogs, so I can't take the cat in until I can get it help. I am so sad for it and I am afraid a hawk will get it. Maybe I should call teh SPCA?
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Dude, you really need to get a life. We know the world is a big scary place to you, but get out of your mom's basement every now and then.
Bag Time wrote:

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Bag Time wrote:
How in the hello do you remember or can you even FIND posts from 2+ years ago??? That's beyond strange...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuck! My little dog did that twice. She had to have surgery once for it (not cheap)! It was really hard to get her to heal because we lived in a tr-level townhouse. We had to get her up and down stairs just to take her out.
Hope he heals quick!
On another note, there is an outdoor neighborhood cat that got hurt. Back legs are completely paralyzed. The neighbor that it belongs to wasn't home when a neighbor found it (but got home later(. It drags itself with its front legs and the back ones just flop back and forth. This was night before last. I come home last night and that poor cat is still sitting outside only able to hobble around! I don't know what to do. It was cold out, too. We gave the cat a box (with the side cut out so it can get in and out), but I can't believe this neighbor hasn't done anything to help this cat. I would have knocked on her door last night but it was kind of late and there is a baby in the house. I was all angry and upset to tears last night. I have 2 dogs, so I can't take the cat in until I can get it help. I am so sad for it and I am afraid a hawk will get it. Maybe I should call teh SPCA?
Yes. Animal rescue. Give the cat some water and ring the neighbor's door bell. That sucks.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Animal rescue. Give the cat some water and ring the neighbor's door bell. That sucks.
She has food and water out and the cat seems to be able to get to it. THe lady has several "outdoor" cats. I worry that the cat is suffering and with the cold snap we are getting (heu, it's cold for us!), I feel so bad for it. Plus, the hawks...

I am so angry at her I could spit!!!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Sorry but the discussion has expired. How about we put it on the docket for 2014?
Bag Time wrote:
<quoted text>I wince whenever I read your posts. Here's one of those links I was talking about.
http://www.topix.com/forum/sf/THQ6VS0GKM7KFCV...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, what we dont do for our mutts. He's doing better, but I actually wince when I watch him walk around.
<quoted text>
We had a black lab, Soot.... that played frissbee too rough with her sister and had both knees done....first one, rehab, then the other....she came out okay....i remember using the plastic from the newspaper to protect her leg wraps.....they recover really well, you know?....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of dogs... I was in the hospital from 12/2 to 12/11. Had lung surgery. It was a rough stay and I was very sick. Inability to sleep made me a little insane. It was ugly.

Then a dog appeared in the doorway to my room. A hospital tech person had enrolled her dog in the animal therapy program. Next thing I knew, the Australian shepherd mix Molly was on my bed, getting all the love she could get. Total sweetie pie. What a great program. I had the tech person take our pic together, and even though I looked like complete shit, I put that pic on FB. Nick: "but you were smiling!"

I love dogs.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Over the years, i have known several retired couples that knew and loved our dogs....some admitted just how boring, their life in retirement was...up until they acted on my suggestion and got a small dog, that changed everything...You could see it in their eyes, and how they would just light up.....telling me about how, now they can't wait to get home and see how the dog is....How they seem to look forward to everyday much more.....Dogs are magic.....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

This is a great testimonial to that program!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Speaking of dogs... I was in the hospital from 12/2 to 12/11. Had lung surgery. It was a rough stay and I was very sick. Inability to sleep made me a little insane. It was ugly.
Then a dog appeared in the doorway to my room. A hospital tech person had enrolled her dog in the animal therapy program. Next thing I knew, the Australian shepherd mix Molly was on my bed, getting all the love she could get. Total sweetie pie. What a great program. I had the tech person take our pic together, and even though I looked like complete shit, I put that pic on FB. Nick: "but you were smiling!"
I love dogs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,061 - 93,080 of97,452
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 173,737
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 min andet1987 403
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min The Debils Mentally ILL 1,072,782
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min litesong 45,545
1st to contact have a gift 57 min posttopics 1
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 1 hr Amena 70
Israel Will Avenge The Holocaust: Nuke Germany ... 1 hr Maimie Eisenhowers Couche 1
•••

Tornado Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE