Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

I don't know how ya'll get your work done, posting on this all day, rofl...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

We only pretend to have jobs. I'm really in prison and use my lovers (cough!) protector's ipad.
cheluzal wrote:

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

And the lunacy of the zero tolerance policy continues...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/11/colorado...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
I try as hard as I can to do as little as possible

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Sent son upstairs to go to sleep. He went to his room and stated bouncing a ball against the wall. After a couple minutes, I yell up for him to put the ball down and go to sleep. He stopped for a short time, then continued. I waited another couple minutes and yelled p again. He said ok. Then I heard his door close. And the bouncing resumed. I let it go on until I was ready to get up. Slowly walked up the stairs ad stood outside his door as the bouncing continued. Tested the doorknob and it was locked. I have the key to unlock it, but he must have heard the knob, cause the bouncing stopped. So I stood there silent. I was in the dark hallway and could see by the shadow under the doo that he was right there at the door. Probably listening. After like 30 seconds, I could hear him unlocking it. So I waited. Then the doorknob started to turn slowly. I lowered my face right up against where his would be once the door was opened. Saw me and jumped!

THAT'S RIGHT! BUSTED! GET YOUR BUT IN BED!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
STFU you non-sensical political propaganda espousing diatribe potty mouth. I suffered thru weeks of your silly rants, like anybody cared what you had to bellow about, skip, or leave buddy.
<quoted text>
Winner for post of the year.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
I believe another news source pointed out that this kid has been disciplined way too many times, and for annoying the same little girl....but, any suggestion of sex, was outta line in this situation.....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Sent son upstairs to go to sleep. He went to his room and stated bouncing a ball against the wall. After a couple minutes, I yell up for him to put the ball down and go to sleep. He stopped for a short time, then continued. I waited another couple minutes and yelled p again. He said ok. Then I heard his door close. And the bouncing resumed. I let it go on until I was ready to get up. Slowly walked up the stairs ad stood outside his door as the bouncing continued. Tested the doorknob and it was locked. I have the key to unlock it, but he must have heard the knob, cause the bouncing stopped. So I stood there silent. I was in the dark hallway and could see by the shadow under the doo that he was right there at the door. Probably listening. After like 30 seconds, I could hear him unlocking it. So I waited. Then the doorknob started to turn slowly. I lowered my face right up against where his would be once the door was opened. Saw me and jumped!
THAT'S RIGHT! BUSTED! GET YOUR BUT IN BED!
Thanks for the laugh! Love it!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

So what? Their kids, Its what kids do. Tying to hold a child to adult norms is not doable.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I believe another news source pointed out that this kid has been disciplined way too many times, and for annoying the same little girl....but, any suggestion of sex, was outta line in this situation.....

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
They went way overboard with the labelling but I did not read anywhere that the punishment was due to zero tolerance policy -- which by the way I'm against. Each situation should be looked at individually and handled as the situation dictates.

Did I miss something in the article that said something about zero tolerance policy? Since this is not the first time he kissed that girl I can't see how that's the issue.

Seems like the school is going overboard, though.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Expert Analysis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's FOX 'news'. They keep putting and repeating little stories like that out there in TV land to reinforce the notion that, government (just the one we have right now, though) is controlling EVERY aspect of our lives...even the playground. And if we impeach the black guy now, we can have ice cream for breakfast- every day- just like when Reagan was president!
Why is Fox News always your people's boogyman? And yeah, can't wait to impeach the "black man" in 2015!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
They went way overboard with the labelling but I did not read anywhere that the punishment was due to zero tolerance policy -- which by the way I'm against. Each situation should be looked at individually and handled as the situation dictates.
Did I miss something in the article that said something about zero tolerance policy? Since this is not the first time he kissed that girl I can't see how that's the issue.
Seems like the school is going overboard, though.
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspensio...

So it seems they dropped the label of sexual harassment, since that's not what it was in the first place.

I feel bad for both kids and their families. But instead of suspending the boy, maybe they need to get them all together and talk about strategies to help both kids. Maybe the girl would be ok with a hug as long as he asks first, maybe the boy could be coached to do something different (like draw a picture) when he feels the urge to kiss the girl.

IDK, but there has to be something better than a suspension for a 6 year old.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspensio...
So it seems they dropped the label of sexual harassment, since that's not what it was in the first place.
I feel bad for both kids and their families. But instead of suspending the boy, maybe they need to get them all together and talk about strategies to help both kids. Maybe the girl would be ok with a hug as long as he asks first, maybe the boy could be coached to do something different (like draw a picture) when he feels the urge to kiss the girl.
IDK, but there has to be something better than a suspension for a 6 year old.
Seems to me that the parents may be having a difficult time discussing these things with the 6 year old boy and conveying to him what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior. Perhaps family counselling is in order to teach that young little boy appropriate behavior.

Who knows. That kid might like the attention he is getting.(On the flipside, he might not like the attention, however.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
So what? Their kids, Its what kids do. Tying to hold a child to adult norms is not doable.
<quoted text>
So What? Really?....What part of my post are you disagreeing with?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Fox News always your people's boogyman? And yeah, can't wait to impeach the "black man" in 2015!
He is untouchable, in his second term....perhap's you might figure out why the GOP loses general elections.....

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

The part about annoying the girl. If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So What? Really?....What part of my post are you disagreeing with?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
The part about annoying the girl. If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
<quoted text>
Right? It's kind of part of the lower grade school social hierarchy. Cooties and whatnot.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Expert Analysis wrote:
"Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes true."
"Obamacare is going great!"

"The economy is doing terrific!"

"Those dam republicans are to blame for everything!"

Sound familiar?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> He is untouchable, in his second term....perhap's you might figure out why the GOP loses general elections.....
Gotta enjoy life in your fantasy world! Sure beats living in reality, doesn't it?!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
<quoted text>
given your level of intelligence, I was sure that was the case...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,981 - 93,000 of97,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

161 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Even Steven 1,078,106
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Learn to Read 174,433
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Abdurratln 67,844
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min well 48,824
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 49 min TW_sugar_daddio 3
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 52 min Danny_Livewire 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min Eric 68,347
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000