“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#94540 Dec 12, 2013
Expert Analysis wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's FOX 'news'. They keep putting and repeating little stories like that out there in TV land to reinforce the notion that, government (just the one we have right now, though) is controlling EVERY aspect of our lives...even the playground. And if we impeach the black guy now, we can have ice cream for breakfast- every day- just like when Reagan was president!
Why is Fox News always your people's boogyman? And yeah, can't wait to impeach the "black man" in 2015!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#94541 Dec 12, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
They went way overboard with the labelling but I did not read anywhere that the punishment was due to zero tolerance policy -- which by the way I'm against. Each situation should be looked at individually and handled as the situation dictates.
Did I miss something in the article that said something about zero tolerance policy? Since this is not the first time he kissed that girl I can't see how that's the issue.
Seems like the school is going overboard, though.
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspensio...

So it seems they dropped the label of sexual harassment, since that's not what it was in the first place.

I feel bad for both kids and their families. But instead of suspending the boy, maybe they need to get them all together and talk about strategies to help both kids. Maybe the girl would be ok with a hug as long as he asks first, maybe the boy could be coached to do something different (like draw a picture) when he feels the urge to kiss the girl.

IDK, but there has to be something better than a suspension for a 6 year old.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94542 Dec 12, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-girl-kiss-suspensio...
So it seems they dropped the label of sexual harassment, since that's not what it was in the first place.
I feel bad for both kids and their families. But instead of suspending the boy, maybe they need to get them all together and talk about strategies to help both kids. Maybe the girl would be ok with a hug as long as he asks first, maybe the boy could be coached to do something different (like draw a picture) when he feels the urge to kiss the girl.
IDK, but there has to be something better than a suspension for a 6 year old.
Seems to me that the parents may be having a difficult time discussing these things with the 6 year old boy and conveying to him what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior. Perhaps family counselling is in order to teach that young little boy appropriate behavior.

Who knows. That kid might like the attention he is getting.(On the flipside, he might not like the attention, however.)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94544 Dec 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
So what? Their kids, Its what kids do. Tying to hold a child to adult norms is not doable.
<quoted text>
So What? Really?....What part of my post are you disagreeing with?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94545 Dec 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is Fox News always your people's boogyman? And yeah, can't wait to impeach the "black man" in 2015!
He is untouchable, in his second term....perhap's you might figure out why the GOP loses general elections.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94546 Dec 12, 2013
The part about annoying the girl. If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>So What? Really?....What part of my post are you disagreeing with?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94547 Dec 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
The part about annoying the girl. If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
<quoted text>
Right? It's kind of part of the lower grade school social hierarchy. Cooties and whatnot.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#94548 Dec 12, 2013
Expert Analysis wrote:
"Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes true."
"Obamacare is going great!"

"The economy is doing terrific!"

"Those dam republicans are to blame for everything!"

Sound familiar?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#94549 Dec 12, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> He is untouchable, in his second term....perhap's you might figure out why the GOP loses general elections.....
Gotta enjoy life in your fantasy world! Sure beats living in reality, doesn't it?!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#94550 Dec 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
If I got suspended for every time I annoyed a girl as a child, I would still be trying to complete 3rd grade.
<quoted text>
given your level of intelligence, I was sure that was the case...

#94551 Dec 12, 2013
Says the boy with brain damage from being struck by a chair...
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
given your level of intelligence, I was sure that was the case...

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#94552 Dec 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
Says the boy with brain damage from being struck by a chair...
<quoted text>
Yep, no kids, no successful long term relationships, and his "friends" "drink all his milk", yet he still thinks he's some sort of expert on life, childrearing and marriage.
What a waste of space. Hopefully a beer truck will run him down for Christmas.
Happy Holidays ALL!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#94553 Dec 12, 2013
Yes, if you have enough money you can get away with killing:

The case of a rich Texas teenager who received probation but no jail time after killing four people in a drunk driving car crash in June has sparked a new debate about money, power, and punishment after the teen’s defense team argued he was the victim of “affluenza,” or the failure of his wealthy parents to set boundaries....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2013/121... .

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#94554 Dec 12, 2013

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94555 Dec 12, 2013
Toj wrote:
If she's running around getting arrested so much, you think she'd carry one of those insulin pens around just in case. Poor planning.:)

#94556 Dec 12, 2013
Where the hello is lamy and aggy?

#94557 Dec 12, 2013
Well, just perused F's blog and all I can say is that he really, really,(I mean really) has an obsession over some people on topix. I dont know if its how he gets his jolly's or if there is some kind of misfire going on in his brain, but either way, I suggest therapy.

Just my opinion, since he asked me to look.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#94558 Dec 12, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If she's running around getting arrested so much, you think she'd carry one of those insulin pens around just in case. Poor planning.:)
They'd have taken it from her when she was booked, and she still would have died.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#94559 Dec 12, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't serious, right?

They should have taken her to a medical facility to get checked out. You don't let someone die. Over THAT!

You just don't.

In Texas, they do things differently, I guess.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94560 Dec 12, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>They'd have taken it from her when she was booked, and she still would have died.
I really hope you're not truly this stupid. The cops called her mother in California asking her to bring some! If this low-life criminal had some in her possessions, the cops would have administered it to her.

Granted, can't understand why the cops didn't seek medical treatment for her. Believe it or not, cops don't want people dying in their custody. It opens them up to lawsuits and is just bad PR. Ah well, one less scumbag in the world!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,220,492
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min Cold Front 69,704
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Guru 187,345
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Hey now 52,864
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 5,913
Dear Abby 4-25-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Windy Chicago beckons 1 hr Chicago 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]