Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Any time if fine by me, since you are going to be in my neck of the woods anyway I'm flexible.

BTW, did you check on traveling by rail? I went to see Stina and Flawless in St Pete by train, very nice ride, no traffic aggravations.
Sublime1 wrote:
I do check PMs. Sounds good.
I don't think flying is worth it. It would be over $750 for tickets, plus a car rental @$200 or $300, plus between traveling to the airport, getting there an hour early, flying, getting our bags, getting a rental car, driving to the hotel ... I'm look at 5 hours of our time ... that's assuming flights are on time. I would so much rather just drive for 10-11 hours and avoid the airport all together.
If we did on Saturday, after a day in the car, we'd definitely want to check in, shower, and get a change of clothes. I think so long as we can do that, Saturday would be fine for us. I'll double check and see what Bambi thinks, tho. I expect that we will be there by late afternoon if we leave at 4 AM.
If not, during the week would be fine too.
Race what works best for you?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Awwww, someone feels left out!

And what the heck does that first sentence even mean?
A thought wrote:
I've never understood you people's collective fascination with proving each other exist while taking the existence of a fake internet therapist at no-face value. That's some severe cognitive dissonance! Very ironic.
And Sub- of all people, YOU should know that your gnome-like, bald-headed, real life self is NOT conducive to the Harley-riding, wife-swapping lawyer you portray in these pages. You are risking ruining that. The avatar pic was dumb enough....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Ugh. My department's holiday party is starting now and I feel so grinchy that I have no desire to go. Not even to eat free food.
Walk in and start spouting Merry Christmas!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Well that escalated fast.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Any time if fine by me, since you are going to be in my neck of the woods anyway I'm flexible.
BTW, did you check on traveling by rail? I went to see Stina and Flawless in St Pete by train, very nice ride, no traffic aggravations.
<quoted text>
I didn't think of that. I just checked, but I'd rather spend 10-11 hours in a car than 20 hours on a train. Driving doesn't bother me. The drive to Chicago is about that far. I usually drive the whole way.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk in and start spouting Merry Christmas!
I realize that you are trying to stir the pot, but I'm a merry christmas-saying girl, so you'll have to bark up another tree.

And the party was OK, the food was good, but I'm still grinchy. Perhaps the piece of red velvet cheese cake sitting here on my desk will help...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

http://www.today.com/entertainment/britney-sp...

Oh, Britney. Still stupid after all these years...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.today.com/entertain ment/britney-spears-wants-mini -me-daughter-so-she-wont-feel- 2D11722312#britney-spears-want s-mini-me-daughter-so-she-wont -feel-2D11722312
Oh, Britney. Still stupid after all these years...
That poor girl sure has a lot of unresolved issues.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>However, you don't have to park a train....
Did you take the train today?

Yes, I did.

Well, put it back

(local car rental or cab costs need to be factored in)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Sub, just let it go. OK?
i actually agree. Some internet troll fooled you. Fooled us. So what. You didn't send any money to nigeria. No one else gives her a swcond thought. Why is this still eating away at you?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>i actually agree. Some internet troll fooled you. Fooled us. So what. You didn't send any money to nigeria. No one else gives her a swcond thought. Why is this still eating away at you?
LMFAO

Agree with what? Still eating away at who? That post of mine that he posted was from YEARS AGO. I dunno even how many years old that is. If you want to know, just ask him ... he probably has the date and time I posted it in his notebook and Angelique database.

He's the creep who mentions her name just about every day ... still to this day accuses everyone of being her ... still blogs about her. Yet, you ask me why it still eats at me, when I couldn't give a eff and only ever mention her to poke fun of his creepy obsession.

Tell us, how many times have you sent money to Nigeria, Tonka?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

squishymama wrote:
I realize that you are trying to stir the pot, but I'm a merry christmas-saying girl, so you'll have to bark up another tree.
I'm not stirring anything, it's just a peeve of mine.

Saw a memo the other day about making sure your Holiday Party isn't a Christmas Party in disguise. Decorate with things like snowflakes and snowmen and not Christmas trees or God-forbid a nativity scene. Ya know, so as not to offend the sensibilities of those who don't celebrate Christmas. In fact, you're better of having a New Years party, that way, no one feels left out.

Sorry, but if I was living in Saudi Arabia and they had a Ramadan party, I'd grin and bear it. I'm in THEIR country. We celebrate Christmas in America. Deal.

It's just a sad state we're in where since we don't want to offend a minority, we just ruin the fun for EVERYBODY. Some people are on board with that idea, I never will be.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

The red velvet cheesecake was good, but it didn't help with the grinchyness.
:(
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>She has a CaringBridge site set up where she seems to be posting most.If you want details ask Dog to PM me and I will give you details. She is back in the hospital at present. Unfortunately things seem to be proceeding quickly.
Ick. Uncool.
I had the link and lost it....thanks.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

We have a holiday potluck tomorrow at work. I wasn't going to bring the cheese ball I made last year, because I didn't think folks ate that much of it. It seemed like everyone mostly ate the entrees that folks bought, which makes sense because it's more of an appetizer.

I talked to my assistant and said I was thinking of bringing a cheese cake instead this year, because I didn't think it made sense to serve an appetizer at the same time you are serving lunch (and there is so much food).

She said, uhhh, no people mentioned the cheese ball ... they want the cheese ball. That was last week. Just right now, I just saw a guy in the hallway and he asked if I was going to it and asked if I was bringing the cheese ball.

I am going to put it out in the office before lunch ... so folks can snack on it throughout the morning, tho.

I have to make it tonight.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
True. But this is normal JANUARY weather.
And down here, we aren't getting anything!
After braving MN and Boston (right before the storm--8 with windchill), I want at least 50, lol.

I have cute new winter clothes.
Wore my new adorable cloche hate and had so many remarks. Weird.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

I dont think he was posting to you...
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO
Agree with what? Still eating away at who? That post of mine that he posted was from YEARS AGO. I dunno even how many years old that is. If you want to know, just ask him ... he probably has the date and time I posted it in his notebook and Angelique database.
He's the creep who mentions her name just about every day ... still to this day accuses everyone of being her ... still blogs about her. Yet, you ask me why it still eats at me, when I couldn't give a eff and only ever mention her to poke fun of his creepy obsession.
Tell us, how many times have you sent money to Nigeria, Tonka?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

We had Diwali celebrations all last month. Pretty sure nobody will flinch at the word "Christmas" for this month's parties.

I'm in it for the free food only for both...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
We had Diwali celebrations all last month. Pretty sure nobody will flinch at the word "Christmas" for this month's parties.
I'm in it for the free food only for both...
And I'm fine with that. Happy Diwali to all! Happy Kwanzaa! I'm in it for the food! All I ask for is Christmas! Fair enough?

See, I don't think anyone cares. No one, no group, spoke out in offense about people saying Merry Christmas and offices holding Christmas parties, and that's why America is changing its policy. What happened is, a group sat around THINKING sht up and decided that saying Merry Christmas could be offensive and we shouldn't say it anymore. Then the idea, for some reason, in the name of "fairness," took off.

Same with raising the minimum raise to $15 dollars an hour. Do you think some teenager ran to his parents and started a group and marched on Washington to get it raised? No. The same group that decided we shouldn't have Christmas also decided that minimum wage should be raised ridiculously.

Again, for some reason, what should have been laughed off, is actually gaining support!

But thankfully, it's a small group that's just screaming loud, and eventually they will be eradicated soon.

/Sorry, end rant. I just get a little defensive around this CHRISTMAS season.
Aisle sitter on vacation

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How big is the puppy? There is puppy pads. That works well for little dogs. Of course, once the weather gets nicer that another habit the dog may have you have to break.
I think the in-laws kept their chihuahuas on puppy pads even after the weather cleared. But then, they have a utility room in the basement that works ok for that on a long-term basis...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nuculur option 1,081,921
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (May '09) 5 min Sgt Prepper 3,154
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,906
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Rage Poster 48,935
Amy 7-28 5 min Kuuipo 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 8 min Sgt Prepper 5,193
Mayor Rahm loses in primary election 16 min official cavalier store 6
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search