“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94429 Dec 10, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/18/offe...

Illinois claims three of these. Yay?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94430 Dec 10, 2013
I do check PMs. Sounds good.

I don't think flying is worth it. It would be over $750 for tickets, plus a car rental @$200 or $300, plus between traveling to the airport, getting there an hour early, flying, getting our bags, getting a rental car, driving to the hotel ... I'm look at 5 hours of our time ... that's assuming flights are on time. I would so much rather just drive for 10-11 hours and avoid the airport all together.

If we did on Saturday, after a day in the car, we'd definitely want to check in, shower, and get a change of clothes. I think so long as we can do that, Saturday would be fine for us. I'll double check and see what Bambi thinks, tho. I expect that we will be there by late afternoon if we leave at 4 AM.

If not, during the week would be fine too.

Race what works best for you?

Location hidden

#94431 Dec 10, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like the date might be tough for me, but you all will have to remind me and, if I can swing it, maybe I'll try and get down there!!!
That would be fun. Maybe Saturday would be better for you too.

Location hidden

#94432 Dec 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the trip from Chicago to SC in the Batmobile.
Line from old Jim Croce song "95 is the route you were on, it is not the speed limit sign"
Yeah, I hauled a$s on that trip. I think it was a holiday and the roads were practically empty too.

I usually do about 10 over ... sometimes 12 ... sometimes 15. I have my trusty radar detector and it hasn't failed me once.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#94433 Dec 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It's Chicago. It's winter. It will get colder and windier. What's the big deal?
True. But this is normal JANUARY weather.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#94434 Dec 10, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
My dogs keep going to the back door to be let out and when I open it, the cold hits them and they're like "Wait, it's *still* super cold out? I'm good." and they walk away.
This is the in-law's puppy's first winter and she does not like it! They have booties and a coat for her but she just won't go out, so unfortunately this means the bathroom that the girls use has also become the puppy's. Too bad we can't toilet train the dog...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#94435 Dec 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the in-law's puppy's first winter and she does not like it! They have booties and a coat for her but she just won't go out, so unfortunately this means the bathroom that the girls use has also become the puppy's. Too bad we can't toilet train the dog...
How big is the puppy? There is puppy pads. That works well for little dogs. Of course, once the weather gets nicer that another habit the dog may have you have to break.

Evanston IL

#94437 Dec 10, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
How big is the puppy? There is puppy pads. That works well for little dogs. Of course, once the weather gets nicer that another habit the dog may have you have to break.
She's a Boston terrier, so she's not that big. And they may still have the pads they used when we first got her, but as you point out, it may create a terrible habit. I just don't want the girls accidently walking thru the dried bits of stuff that doesn't get cleaned up. I will never badmouth my in-law's, but their eyesight is not what it used to be...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94438 Dec 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, stink.

When we were housebreaking Dexter, we'd have to keep him on a leash so he would go in the rain and wouldn't run back on the porch. He was fairly well housebroken by the time winter rolled around. Both dogs love snow; it's just too cold.

Evanston IL

#94439 Dec 10, 2013
Ugh. My department's holiday party is starting now and I feel so grinchy that I have no desire to go. Not even to eat free food.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94441 Dec 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It's Chicago. It's winter. It will get colder and windier. What's the big deal?
So...you would'nt have a problem, sitting in a stadium...on the lakefront, in those conditions...for 3-4 hours?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94442 Dec 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My one cat is toilet trained to pee. He does it on a regular basis. One of the other cats does it occasionally.

This is the little cat's first outdoor winter and she does not like it at all. She usually poops outside. This last few days she has been using the bathtub which we do not use. Sounds gross, but it is easy to spot, easy to clean and I wash the porcelain with toilet bowl cleaner anyway

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#94443 Dec 10, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Here's Sublime meeting race, trying to park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =egsdc7tZ_xcXX
Okay. That was funny.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94444 Dec 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Ugh. My department's holiday party is starting now and I feel so grinchy that I have no desire to go. Not even to eat free food.
Mine is Thursday. I've been working from home most days recently, so having to actually go *in* to work and stay for lunch is like meh. It is free, though.

I've been doing okay with the holiday season thus far, but talking to my sister about gifts and the impending visit from my SIL and her fiance kind of makes me want to book a flight to someplace warm that doesn't celebrate Christmas. Iraq? Saudi Arabia? I bet they're nice this time of year.

Location hidden

#94445 Dec 10, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Here's Sublime meeting race, trying to park:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =egsdc7tZ_xcXX
Here's Ferrerman meeting Angelique:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

"you should have let nature take its course and liked my tiny shower pic!"

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94447 Dec 10, 2013
Any time if fine by me, since you are going to be in my neck of the woods anyway I'm flexible.

BTW, did you check on traveling by rail? I went to see Stina and Flawless in St Pete by train, very nice ride, no traffic aggravations.
Sublime1 wrote:
I do check PMs. Sounds good.
I don't think flying is worth it. It would be over $750 for tickets, plus a car rental @$200 or $300, plus between traveling to the airport, getting there an hour early, flying, getting our bags, getting a rental car, driving to the hotel ... I'm look at 5 hours of our time ... that's assuming flights are on time. I would so much rather just drive for 10-11 hours and avoid the airport all together.
If we did on Saturday, after a day in the car, we'd definitely want to check in, shower, and get a change of clothes. I think so long as we can do that, Saturday would be fine for us. I'll double check and see what Bambi thinks, tho. I expect that we will be there by late afternoon if we leave at 4 AM.
If not, during the week would be fine too.
Race what works best for you?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94448 Dec 10, 2013
Awwww, someone feels left out!

And what the heck does that first sentence even mean?
A thought wrote:
I've never understood you people's collective fascination with proving each other exist while taking the existence of a fake internet therapist at no-face value. That's some severe cognitive dissonance! Very ironic.
And Sub- of all people, YOU should know that your gnome-like, bald-headed, real life self is NOT conducive to the Harley-riding, wife-swapping lawyer you portray in these pages. You are risking ruining that. The avatar pic was dumb enough....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#94449 Dec 10, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Walk in and start spouting Merry Christmas!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94450 Dec 10, 2013
Well that escalated fast.

Location hidden

#94451 Dec 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
Any time if fine by me, since you are going to be in my neck of the woods anyway I'm flexible.
BTW, did you check on traveling by rail? I went to see Stina and Flawless in St Pete by train, very nice ride, no traffic aggravations.
<quoted text>
I didn't think of that. I just checked, but I'd rather spend 10-11 hours in a car than 20 hours on a train. Driving doesn't bother me. The drive to Chicago is about that far. I usually drive the whole way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min red and right 1,207,671
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min SpaceBlues 52,403
News Prosecutors: 7-Eleven robber told investigators... 6 min reality is a crutch 1
News Joakim Noah wants to stop violence, but tragedy... 12 min reality is a crutch 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Terrible_Herbst 5,158
abby 3-31-15 2 hr Kuuipo 7
Amy 3-30-15 2 hr RACE 39
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]