Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Holy shit. People need to come back to earth.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/wheel-of-fo...

There were no jokes. There was no slam. There was nothing disrespectful. WTF does Wheel have to apologize for? Every other show on the air at the same time was probably doing nothing but Paul Walker tributes with clip after clip from the Fast & the Furious movies and people are pissed because it was the answer to a word puzzle?

Damn conservatives!
I don't understand the people who got upset when a Cool Water commercial was played at a soccer game the day after his death. It wasn't a commercial for Porsche (I can see that one being in bad taste).

Stupid strangers can wail about him on FB, but can't handle the rest of the world acknowledging that he existed?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Damn conservatives!
...LOL...Yeah, that's it.....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Holy shit. People need to come back to earth.
http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/wheel-of-fo...
There were no jokes. There was no slam. There was nothing disrespectful. WTF does Wheel have to apologize for? Every other show on the air at the same time was probably doing nothing but Paul Walker tributes with clip after clip from the Fast & the Furious movies and people are pissed because it was the answer to a word puzzle?
Damn conservatives!
My friend texted me while watching Wheel. We thought it was a coincidence, but in no way disrespectful.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

People need to get over their stupid facination with movie peeps. If they did not tell me what movie he was in, I would have had no idea who the heck he was, and sorry he's dead but so are alot of other people.
If a miner gets crushed in a tunnel collapse is it disrespectful if WOF answer happens to be "Falling rock zone"?

Get over it, you did not even know the guy, you only know "of" him.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

RACE wrote:
People need to get over their stupid facination with movie peeps. If they did not tell me what movie he was in, I would have had no idea who the heck he was, and sorry he's dead but so are alot of other people.
If a miner gets crushed in a tunnel collapse is it disrespectful if WOF answer happens to be "Falling rock zone"?
Get over it, you did not even know the guy, you only know "of" him.
True dat.

Someone needs to explain the cult of celebrity to me. Why should I care that a good looking person who maybe has some artistic/music/acting skill endorses a product or supports a cause?

And I agree that teh WOF thing was not disrespectful.

I would not have known who Paul Walker was either. I thought Fast and Furious was a game, didn't even know it was a? movie? TV show. Don't much care either.... except that I have a sense that either there is something poetic in his dying in a car crash or that he or his buddy were having issues distinguishing between acting roles/stunts and reality which would possibly bring hm into Darwin award contention.

Too bad he is dead. 40 is too young to go.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

I don't think it's that weird to have an interest (interest, not obsession) in celebrity deaths. I think J was taken aback a bit by Paul Walker's death--he's seen a lot of PW's movies. I, OTOH, have not. Varsity Blues might be the only one.

The two celebrity deaths that kind of made me think were Chris Farley (love, love, loved him at the time) and Steve Irwin (I used to watch his shows when I was stuck in my shyte call center job and I would envy/admire the passion he had for his job).

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Anyone ever read or seen "Prozac Nation"? I'm reading the book right now and I kind of want to punch the author in the face.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Judged:

Someone need to be medicated....
Matilda77 wrote:
Anyone ever read or seen "Prozac Nation"? I'm reading the book right now and I kind of want to punch the author in the face.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Simple pleasures for simple minds.
words of suburbia wrote:
"peeps"? "true dat"?
You old people and your ghetto lingo amuse me.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

Hey Tonka!
Long question, please be patient.
I have daughters laptop, no longer boots (I think) because the power pin is broken on the motherboard. I had this happen on one of my machines, and was able to re-solder it and it worked.

But if this does not work, I read that I can get a usb/ide cable and treat it as an external drive. If I do that I have to take ownership of the hard drive, so that I can see all the files under her username (pictures etc).
Question, if I do this, can the drive still be the boot drive if I put it back into the original laptop?

Also read that if I change the boot sequence on another laptop, I can get that hard drive to boot as the primary. I tried this, but the light only briefly flickered and then booted from the local C:

Do I have to take ownership before this will work? I dont want to change the security/permissions if it will render the drive unbootable until I run out of options.

Thoughts?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>True dat.

Someone needs to explain the cult of celebrity to me. Why should I care that a good looking person who maybe has some artistic/music/acting skill endorses a product or supports a cause?

And I agree that teh WOF thing was not disrespectful.

I would not have known who Paul Walker was either. I thought Fast and Furious was a game, didn't even know it was a? movie? TV show. Don't much care either.... except that I have a sense that either there is something poetic in his dying in a car crash or that he or his buddy were having issues distinguishing between acting roles/stunts and reality which would possibly bring hm into Darwin award contention.

Too bad he is dead. 40 is too young to go.
He was picked for that series because he was already a racecar enthusiast. Also, he was known as someone who didn't care much about his own celebrity, but used it to help others as much as he could. I was not a huge Paul Walker fan, but I respected him a lot and hope that people will continue to support the foundation that he created.

This is kinda long, but it shows that he was more than just a pretty face (actually makes me think of Paul Newman).

Walker's first passion was marine biology; he joined the Board of Directors of The Billfish Foundation in 2006. He fulfilled a lifelong dream by starring in a National Geographic Channel series Expedition Great White (later retitled Shark Men), which premiered in June 2010. He spent 11 days as part of the crew, catching and tagging 7 great white sharks off the coast of Mexico. The expedition, led by Chris Fischer, founder and CEO of Fischer Productions, along with Captain Brett McBride and Dr. Michael Domeier of the Marine Conservation Science Institute took measurements, gathered DNA samples, and fastened real-time satellite tags to the great white sharks. This allowed Dr. Domeier to study migratory patterns especially those associated with mating and birthing over a 5-year period of time.

In March 2010, Walker went to ConstituciĆ³n, Chile to offer his help and support to the people injured in the 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck on February 27. He flew with his humanitarian aid team, REACH OUT Worldwide, to Haiti to lend a helping hand to the 2010 Haiti earthquake victims.

An avid car enthusiast, he competed in the Redline Time Attack racing series in which he raced an M3 E92 and was on the AE Performance Team. His car was sponsored by Etnies, Brembo Brakes, Ohlins, Volk, OS Giken, Hankook, Gintani, and Reach Out Worldwide. Walker had been preparing for an auto show prior to his death.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

I didn't know Paul Walker starred in the new "Catching Fire" movie...

I always thought Paul Walker might be gay, turns out he's flaming...

He'll actually be buried 8 below...

Sorry, but he won't be walking this one off...

Why did Paul Walker cross the street? He wasn't wearing a seatbelt...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

We got a kitten about a year ago.

She is about 8 lbs and has been looking a tad plump for her size; the big black male Midnight was getting his belly back and is close to 16 lbs again too. I had been restricting calorie intake for all 3 cats.

We know that Pip hunts. She brings home mice, baby moles and birds. She eats some of them.

Back to the restricted calorie thing. I don't think its going to work. There is a beautiful, plump, very dead squirrel on the door step. It must be 3-4lbs. Pip was the only one outside. She also tracked in feathers. I haven't found that body yet.

Carry on.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela.
Someone who REALLY mattered.
Who really made a difference.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

This board is not busy lately.
Any news on Angela?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
Although he didn't play in fast and furious and a movie about high school football (sheesh I'm so effing tired of hearing about that guy on Facebook and elsewhere ... as if he were the second coming), I completely agree.

Mandela was a true hero of our times.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
This board is not busy lately.
Any news on Angela?
She has a CaringBridge site set up where she seems to be posting most.If you want details ask Dog to PM me and I will give you details. She is back in the hospital at present. Unfortunately things seem to be proceeding quickly.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
The contrasts in his life show his resilience and his accomplishments his character.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,821 - 92,840 of96,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 3 min ThomasA 17
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,033,272
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min ritedownthemiddle 42,959
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 28 min SLY WEST 1,020
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min _Zoey_ 4,026
Music Artists A to Z 40 min _Zoey_ 90
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Poppo 167,498
Abby 4-17 47 min Mister Tonka 31
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search