“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94335 Dec 6, 2013
Wow! sensitive much? You gonna let a frowny face spoil your day?
ICONNERS WANTED wrote:
ICONNERS WANTED!
APPLY AT CHICAGO REGULARS THREAD
ASK FOR Sublime
MUST HAVE PRO-SUBLIME SENTIMENT!
NO IMMIGRANTS!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94337 Dec 6, 2013
A thought wrote:
<quoted text>No, you had never claimed your boss gave you bonuses for your Topix posting, just "raises". Bonuses would be silly!!
I never claimed that. You claimed that, because you are overly obsessed with all things Sublime ... just like you are overly obsessed with all things Angelique (have you made up your mind in terms of whether she is also Junket ... what does your notebook say)... all things Billy ... all things HRP. Anyone else sense a pattern here? I guess when you are elderly, live alone, your wife left you, you have no relationship with your offspring, your life's accomplishment consist of various minimum wage jobs and being a house painter, that's all you've got to live for ... well that and your topix blog ... we can't forget your topix blog.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#94339 Dec 6, 2013
Weekend plans?

It's Nutcracker on Ice time, so that's what I'll be doing. 5 performances in 3 days <sigh> and 2 of those performances are going to keep them up WAY past their bedtime <eyeroll+sigh>. At least their costumes this year are cuter than last year's; they are Polchinelles, the children that come out from underneath Mother Ginger's big hoop skirt.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94340 Dec 6, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Weekend plans?
It's Nutcracker on Ice time, so that's what I'll be doing. 5 performances in 3 days <sigh> and 2 of those performances are going to keep them up WAY past their bedtime <eyeroll+sigh>. At least their costumes this year are cuter than last year's; they are Polchinelles, the children that come out from underneath Mother Ginger's big hoop skirt.
Will you be there for all 5 performances?

Up here some parents have flowers for their kids after teh final performance. Do they do that by you?

Evanston IL

#94341 Dec 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you be there for all 5 performances?
Up here some parents have flowers for their kids after teh final performance. Do they do that by you?
<sigh> Yes, I will be there for all 5. Nunu is not quite old or responsible enough to be left in the care of the volunteers. I will be watching the last performance from the stands, but otherwise I will be sitting in the gym, waiting...

Yes, there are flowers given, and we've given the girls flowers in the past. I'll try to get some this year too probably. But I won't buy an ad in the program, I'd rather spend my money on the professional photos they take (both staged and action).

Evanston IL

#94342 Dec 6, 2013
Oops, PE I lied. I'm not at the matinee they're doing right now for the school kids. My lovely MIL is there with them.

Location hidden

#94343 Dec 6, 2013
Florida peeps

How is S. Beach for a coupleís early spring destination, if I may ask? I have never been to that area. Only Orlando a few times.

We want beach, nightlife, and good restaurants Ö donít have enough time away to fly abroad to some place warm.

Would some place like Daytona or some place else be better? Really donít want to deal with an MTV crowd college kid crowd, however, and am going to Panama City the month after Ö so will get my fill of party then. She is a lightweight and not super into partying anyway Ö so something kind of in-between that and relaxation maybe some girly things for her to do too (shopping ... salon), would be nice.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94344 Dec 6, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Florida peeps
How is S. Beach for a coupleís early spring destination, if I may ask? I have never been to that area. Only Orlando a few times.
We want beach, nightlife, and good restaurants Ö donít have enough time away to fly abroad to some place warm.
Would some place like Daytona or some place else be better? Really donít want to deal with an MTV crowd college kid crowd, however, and am going to Panama City the month after Ö so will get my fill of party then. She is a lightweight and not super into partying anyway Ö so something kind of in-between that and relaxation maybe some girly things for her to do too (shopping ... salon), would be nice.
I haven't been in like 20 years, but I would certainly avoid it around spring break!!!

We did a conference on Key Biscayne once. It was awesome... We stayed at the Sonesta. I loved that you can sit on the beach and just raise this flag and they bring your drinks right to you! Of course, I LOVED the fact that I didn't have to pay for them, ha ha.

I know we do a lot of events at teh Fountainbleu, too, but I haven't been.
Timmy

United States

#94345 Dec 6, 2013
Sounds like SOBE is what you are looking for. There are a number of upscale hotels on Collins that have fine dining, night clubs, and spas all on the hotel grounds and with many other shops, clubs, museums, etc. within walking distance. It can be expensive, but worth it if you can afford it.

The college crowd does not go to Daytona anymore. However, Bike Week is every spring and that may be more your type of crowd.
Sublime1 wrote:
Florida peeps

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94346 Dec 6, 2013
SB might be crowed if you go during spring break time, so you may want to avoid it around that time.
FLL is great, you can get a place on the ocean, and Las Olas is great for dining and shopping. Its not SB though, that place is total tourist trap.
Sublime1 wrote:
Florida peeps

Location hidden

#94347 Dec 6, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been in like 20 years, but I would certainly avoid it around spring break!!!
We did a conference on Key Biscayne once. It was awesome... We stayed at the Sonesta. I loved that you can sit on the beach and just raise this flag and they bring your drinks right to you! Of course, I LOVED the fact that I didn't have to pay for them, ha ha.
I know we do a lot of events at teh Fountainbleu, too, but I haven't been.
It's spring break of bust for us. My MIL and FIL have offered to come down and watch the kids for one week. It's that specific week or no week. So we are going.

Was also thinking maybe New Orleans, but she didn't seem too enthused about the idea.

Sonesta sounds perfect, thanks.. Fountainbleu looks wonderful, but is like 499 a night. If I am going to blow that kind of money, I'd rather fly overseas.

We only have 5 nights that we can be away. By the time I factor in the cost of airfare, I figured it's not worth going out of the country. If we had 7-14 days, sure.

Location hidden

#94349 Dec 6, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Sounds like SOBE is what you are looking for. There are a number of upscale hotels on Collins that have fine dining, night clubs, and spas all on the hotel grounds and with many other shops, clubs, museums, etc. within walking distance. It can be expensive, but worth it if you can afford it.
The college crowd does not go to Daytona anymore. However, Bike Week is every spring and that may be more your type of crowd.
<quoted text>
Thanks! That's what I was thinking.

We are going to Panama City bike week this spring. Not sure why they didn't want to do daytona, as it is actually a little bit closer to us and probably bigger. We are staying right where all teh action is, tho. So we can have a good time at night and not worry about having to ride around everywhere and cops.

We are planning on stopping midway down on the way too it for the night, but driving straight through on the way home. It's about 630 miles. I would have liked to have just done it straight both ways, but figured I'd just go with the flow rather than say something.

Location hidden

#94350 Dec 6, 2013
RACE wrote:
SB might be crowed if you go during spring break time, so you may want to avoid it around that time.
FLL is great, you can get a place on the ocean, and Las Olas is great for dining and shopping. Its not SB though, that place is total tourist trap.
<quoted text>
I'll check that out too and see what Bambi thinks. Thanks for all your help. We don't get away alone very often.

Location hidden

#94352 Dec 6, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
I'd avoid wherever Jay Lee lives. You never did apologize to her....
Did too. I felt really bad, actually.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94354 Dec 6, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Florida peeps

How is S. Beach for a couple’s early spring destination, if I may ask? I have never been to that area. Only Orlando a few times.

We want beach, nightlife, and good restaurants … don’t have enough time away to fly abroad to some place warm.

Would some place like Daytona or some place else be better? Really don’t want to deal with an MTV crowd college kid crowd, however, and am going to Panama City the month after … so will get my fill of party then. She is a lightweight and not super into partying anyway … so something kind of in-between that and relaxation maybe some girly things for her to do too (shopping ... salon), would be nice.
What race & stina said. Also, Daytona is kind of gross and trashy anymore, stay away. And if you're looking for chill, check out the Keys... Very relaxing, warm, lots of water sports and some nice resort/spa options. Feel free to PM me and if you end up in Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach county and want to meet for a drink (as a foursome... and no swapping, lol) let me know.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94355 Dec 7, 2013
I would recommend Delray Beach....it has a great downtown area...with great nightlife, restaurants and lodging....beautiful beaches and close to some fantastic snorkeling....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94356 Dec 7, 2013

Location hidden

#94358 Dec 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
What race & stina said. Also, Daytona is kind of gross and trashy anymore, stay away. And if you're looking for chill, check out the Keys... Very relaxing, warm, lots of water sports and some nice resort/spa options. Feel free to PM me and if you end up in Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach county and want to meet for a drink (as a foursome... and no swapping, lol) let me know.
I had no idea that Daytona was so trashy. I was thinking the Keys too, but I think that's just a bit too far. We can drive to Miami in a day. Keys aren't that much further, but just enough that I don't want to do it.

We also might do Colorado and do some skiing, but we'd be going towards the end of the season. She said something about Maine ... I looked at the weather that time of year and said uh, I think I'd rather stay in NC. So, I dunno ... it's still up in the air. If we head down that way, I'll definitely let you know and meeting up for drinks and or dinner sounds nice.

Location hidden

#94359 Dec 7, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if that's true, it's good that you did. Ever notice that you fly off the handle A LOT and always have to do a lot of apologizing. Perhaps you're under the guidance of a 'therapist'(still) and it's just not working out for you?
I don't think I always do a lot of apologizing. I've done it a few times when it's been called for. A few times in 5+ year ... given the forum, how folks behave, and the shyte folks pull on here, doesn't seem like a lot to me. There have been a few misunderstandings that I regret, but I try to learn from my mistakes, apologize for them, and move on.

Unlike how you view it, IMO, when you do something you shouldn't have or make a mistake, I don't view apologizing as a sign of weakness or a fault, but rather a sign of strength and what a grown individual does who is capable of being self-critical and accepting of one's own faults and mistakes and owning them no less than one should own positive things they have done. Some folks, including your self, apparently lack this ability.

What I have noticed about YOU, is that you act like a complete pr1ck on here day in day out, are disliked by the majority of the folks you interact with on here, and have never apologized once for anything you've ever done ... not once ... never ... almost as if in your world, everyone else is wrong and Ferrerman is always right. I'm not perfect ... I never claimed to be, but when one takes a look at you, perfection cannot be seen even with an electron microscope.

Point being, you are the last person on here who should criticize anyone for how they treat others.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94360 Dec 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea that Daytona was so trashy. I was thinking the Keys too, but I think that's just a bit too far. We can drive to Miami in a day. Keys aren't that much further, but just enough that I don't want to do it.
We also might do Colorado and do some skiing, but we'd be going towards the end of the season. She said something about Maine ... I looked at the weather that time of year and said uh, I think I'd rather stay in NC. So, I dunno ... it's still up in the air. If we head down that way, I'll definitely let you know and meeting up for drinks and or dinner sounds nice.
You're probably looking for a more adult environment, so SOBE or Las Olas would probably be the better choice, but only you know what will fit your needs best. That being said, I've stopped here a few times on the way to Miami. Might be worth looking into. Don't know what the night life is like.

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeac...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 8 min Red_Forman 820
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Bluestater 1,206,008
Word (Dec '08) 10 min Red_Forman 5,147
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 53 min Brian_G 51,860
Executive Producer of True Crime Horror 3 hr 1shadeofblack 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Fair Game 52,252
Debate: Gay Marriage - Chicago, IL (Jul '10) 5 hr Real Talk 2,012
Amy 3-26 8 hr think about it 59
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]