Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94369 Dec 8, 2013
In Ferrerman's world being a jerk to someone on the internet, due to a misunderstanding, is a more egregious than having no relationship with your own child. In any sane person's mind, there's no comparison.

Why don't you share with the group why your ex-wife prevented you from having visitation with your child or if you wish, you can just tell us how that made you feel?
Ferrerman

United States

#94370 Dec 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Why don't you share with the group why your ex-wife prevented you from having visitation with your child or if you wish, you can just tell us how that made you feel?
I'll take option number 2.

It made me feel like I should become the biggest creep on topix and made me feel like I should follow many strangers around on topix, trying to harass them, in an attempt to make me feel better about myself and the miserable life I've led.
Dr. Phil

United States

#94371 Dec 8, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>It made me feel like I should become the biggest creep on topix and made me feel like I should follow many strangers around on topix, trying to harass them, in an attempt to make me feel better about myself and the miserable life I've led.
I knew it!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#94372 Dec 8, 2013
"If there is a country that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world, it is the United States of America."

"Israel should withdraw from all the areas which it won from the Arabs in 1967, and in particular Israel should withdraw completely from the Golan heights, from south Lebanon and from the West Bank."

"Long live the Cuban Revolution. Long live comrade Fidel Castro."

"The attitude of the United States of America is a threat to world peace."

"We know too well that our freedom is incomplete without the freedom of the Palestinians."

-Nelson Mandela

Yep, what a great man!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#94373 Dec 8, 2013

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94374 Dec 9, 2013
Ok, so I am going to get my daughter a tablet or laptop. Dont know which one or why, so can somebody make a suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94375 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ok, so I am going to get my daughter a tablet or laptop. Dont know which one or why, so can somebody make a suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
These are not interchangeable devices. Your best bet is to figure out which one SHE would prefer. Only she knows how much use she would get out of one vs the other.

“Where is Tonka?”

#94376 Dec 9, 2013
???
Isn't a tablet with a keyboard attachment the same as a small laptop?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>These are not interchangeable devices. Your best bet is to figure out which one SHE would prefer. Only she knows how much use she would get out of one vs the other.

Location hidden

#94377 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
???
<quoted text>
I still prefer a computer for word-processing or doing work. I use a tablet for leisure. I think most folks are the same.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94378 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
???
<quoted text>
that closes the gap a bit, but still not equivalent. My wife does a lot of writing and she used to use the tablet with physical keyboard...until we got a second laptop. They CAN be used to perform a lot of the same tasks, but its just a vastly different experience with each excelling in different areas.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#94379 Dec 9, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still prefer a computer for word-processing or doing work. I use a tablet for leisure. I think most folks are the same.
I agree. A tablet is basically a fun but expensive toy, in my opinion.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#94380 Dec 9, 2013
Poll:

Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.

Worth it? Or just eat the $13 and keep the item?

“Where is Tonka?”

#94381 Dec 9, 2013
But whats that commercial about "A laptop when you need it and a tablet when you want it?"
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>that closes the gap a bit, but still not equivalent. My wife does a lot of writing and she used to use the tablet with physical keyboard...until we got a second laptop. They CAN be used to perform a lot of the same tasks, but its just a vastly different experience with each excelling in different areas.

“Where is Tonka?”

#94383 Dec 9, 2013
Depends on how good you look in the dress!:)

What you should do is wear the dress a few nights, then in Jan return it for a full refund.
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
Yesterday I bought a dress in a store for 40% off. Today, I got an email from the same chain promoting a one-day online-only sale of 50% off. I called customer service and the only way for me to get the additional savings is to order the exact same item online and return the one I physically have to the store. It's a savings of $13 with free shipping and the store is less than a mile from where I live so it's not like it would be a hassle and I'll definitely be back in that area to shop within the next couple of weeks. But with the free shipping, it's also kind of slow and I'm not sure I want to wait 2 or 3 weeks.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94384 Dec 9, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94385 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
???
<quoted text>
Tecnho-idjit here.

A tablet can (has to?) use apps like a phone because of the size of its processor. A lap top can use the full programs because its processor ha more room/size/speed.

Keyboards come with a laptop; they are optional on tablets

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94386 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Poll:
I would keep the dress and write a terse letter of complaint to the company.

If that does not work, if they have a customer feedback blog, post it there. You gave them the money sooner and saved them the expense of the "free" shipping.(UPS is not a charitable organization) It is worth something to keep you as a customer and to keep their customer service blog clean from this sort of thing.

(Ann Taylor?)

I got caught in a website over the weekend that smelled fishy as soon as I true to irk in it. Couldn't find a legitimate way to communicate with them, so I used the general questions email and laid out exactly my complaint. The non refundable deposit and the cancellation fee were reversed (I had also told my charge card to disallow the charge)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94387 Dec 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
But whats that commercial about "A laptop when you need it and a tablet when you want it?"
<quoted text>
that's a windows tablet. That actually is probably the closest to interchangeable ad you can get( i assumed you were talking ipad or android). Windows redid their whole interface so as to try to merge a tablet and a desktop interface into one. So the windows tablet interface really is pretty close to the same as windows pc. Problem being, most pc users(self included) hate the windows 8 interface(ask mimi).

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#94388 Dec 9, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. A tablet is basically a fun but expensive toy, in my opinion.
that's exactly how i describe them

Location hidden

#94389 Dec 9, 2013
BUSTED wrote:
<quoted text>Do you use proxy servers on both?
Why?
^^^^ Pot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,508,479
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 min Cute 71,272
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min JRB 239,385
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,497
Obama has LEAK under sink. 11 hr TROY the Plumber 36
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Raymond 63,546
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages