|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh please.....
They get sent to school, they know what an education is, and how going to college gets you into the NFL. They're not as stupid as you would like to believe.

And no, they are not digging thru dumpsters looking for table scraps to eat either. WIC makes sure they eat as well as I do, they just spend all the money on sugar products instead of things that will actually fill their belly, Which is why the also get free lunches.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't know they can get an education and/or learn a trade and get a job. It seems simple to you but not to someone of very poor background. It's not in a very poor communities realm of thinking. They're too busy trying to eat, stay alive and worry about dinner.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Again, looking for a law to dictate common sense.
This is why your a dork and nobody likes you. So heres the rule for you....GO AWAY!
A thought wrote:
<quoted text>So, I was wrong about it being "controlling" them?
Thanks for telling me! Is there a copy of the rules that folks can consult for what is and is not acceptable conversation and who is in charge of conversation on any given day? That would help.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Because when your stupid, you have so few options.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
How was it controlling? Did she prevent you from posting unless you followed her instructions? Did she delete your previous posts that she didn't like?
Anyone is free to bring up a new subject, just like you are free to ignore that post and continue with what you were talking about.
Why is it necessary to be so antagonistic?
Not the dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Exactly what would you know about character - something you do not possess?
RACE wrote:
No, its because your an idiot, nobody is going to try and assassinate a character you do not posses.
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

I saw that comment. Hardly something I'd think would be enough to pull the thread. Was a one liner dumb joke. I heard worse listening to Dave Attell & Greg Giraldo this afternoon. And laughed.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
I saw that comment. Hardly something I'd think would be enough to pull the thread. Was a one liner dumb joke. I heard worse listening to Dave Attell & Greg Giraldo this afternoon. And laughed.
Right! It was nuthin. But how'd you see it? Share with us your keyboard wisdom

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! It was nuthin. But how'd you see it? Share with us your keyboard wisdom
I saw it earlier before the thread got pulled.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Comcast's Homepage today has a ranking of best and worst run States....California was worst, New Mexico, i believe was second worst...Illinois was 3rd worst run....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Really? I hope that your kids turn out to be better human beings then you and dog and the rest of the trash that considers this subject to be appropriate, dumb or funny.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Maybe not, but at least I never wrongly accused somebody of trying to assassinate it either.
Not the dog wrote:
Exactly what would you know about character - something you do not possess?
<quoted text>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Comcast's Homepage today has a ranking of best and worst run States....California was worst, New Mexico, i believe was second worst...Illinois was 3rd worst run....
Surprised there are two other states run worse than Illinois.

At least the worse off states aren't run by Democrats! Oh, wait a minute....

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Good morning! Short week, woo hoo!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
The fix i was talking about was to the programs that are supposed to teach kids how to have protected sex, and learn about the reality of being a single mother and a teenage father, not eliminate their sex drive.
<quoted text>
I agree.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with pretty much all of the above. I was an adult person at that time and do remember seeing what was going on at the time.
The domino theory was a subject of interest to me then for some reason and still is. It's used again and again for many issues, even here. It really didn't happen except for two countries. Even Westmoreland said it was wrong.
And remember Kennedy wasn't in office very long. Don't know how things would have changed had he gone full term. Look how long the
middle east conflicts have been going on. You would think the pols would have learned something from history when in 10 years we couldn't "win" that one.
I agree.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
If anyone of you is offered a job out of the US would you pack it all up and go? Whether for a few years or even longer. Single or married, with or without kids. Would the idea of living in a different culture appeal to you? Where would you not go?
I would. It does appeal to me ... assuming I could find good education opportunities for my boys and assuming it was in a safe place. About the only places I would not consider would be places that are unsafe or politically unstable due to family concerns.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't know they can get an education and/or learn a trade and get a job. It seems simple to you but not to someone of very poor background. It's not in a very poor communities realm of thinking. They're too busy trying to eat, stay alive and worry about dinner.
You share the mentality of a slave master. They used to say the same sorts of things. The slaves canít fend for themselves Ö they need someone to care for them Ö they are too dumb to know any better.

And trying to eat does not hold people back. Starvation does not exist in this country. For all the excuses you make, you fail to appreciate that the poor in this country live better than 90% of the rest of the world. Folks who grow up in that 90% when given the opportunity to succeed often do too. So, for you to claim it is primarily circumstances out of their control that hold them back is a fallacy.

And for all this talk of the community ... move the eff out of the community if you really want a better life for your child. My ancestors got on wooden ships, sailed across the ocean, risked high mortality, and came to a foreign land in search of a better life. Given this it's not too much to expect someone to move from the ghetto to somewhere with a low crime rate, like North Dakota or many of the other locals with low crime rate.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Often times the communities in which poor children grow up in are high crime areas. It affects children as they are often exposed to crime and maltreatment (to put it mildly) at a young age, which is proven to reduce a child's ability to learn by up to 5%. Many times these kids get caught up in the crime that goes on all around them which worsens the effects of the cycle as they are often incarcerated or killed in many types of gang violence.
Itís due to a lack of parenting and effort. Show me an involved parent, show me a parent who makes studying, getting good grades, reading and other school work a priority Ö show me a parent who is involved with their child and with what groups and who said child is associating with Ö show me a parent who instills good values, stresses a good work ethic, makes education a top priority and Iíll show you a child who stands a much, much better chance of succeeding in life than the folks you make excuses for.
Not the dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

Lying again I see
RACE wrote:
Maybe not, but at least I never wrongly accused somebody of trying to assassinate it either.
<quoted text>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TGLD8JV6GG...

Amy for 11-25 but Topix is being wonky . I am not sure how much will show for other people

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TANGNK2KRQ...

Abby 11-25-13. We'll see if it sticks

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Judged:

A thought wrote:
eliminating food stamps Ö thinning the herd, eliminating the weaker old folks and children who can't fend for themselves?
You forgot to mention FEMA death camps in your list of hyperbole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,661 - 92,680 of97,515
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

118 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Frank 1,078,554
Abby 7-23 22 min RACE 10
Amy 7-23 30 min Kuuipo 8
No, Global Warming Did Not Create Chicago's Agi... 47 min Guest 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Beavis 174,477
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Chicago, IL (Dec '11) 1 hr Brian Shepard 116
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 1 hr Brian Shepard 297
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••