Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#94200 Nov 26, 2013
GOP all over logic wrote:
<quoted text>make a lot of made up money
Someone's jealous:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindu...

I had no idea they made that much, either. He has to spend about 1000 on fuel out of his own pocket each week, pay taxes (including the employer's share for SS/Medicare), make truck payments and repairs, and provide his own healthcare.

He works more than 6 months out of the year. He was working until last Friday, but they are probably done now for the season.

Not a bad job (if you can land one ... local jobs where you are home every night are hard to find ... my family knows folks in the industry, tho <cha-ching>) and sure beats long haul, which he was doing for awhile.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#94202 Nov 26, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make. I know a lot of folks that would jump at a job with that pay scale.
<quoted text>
Starting pay at 48k a year?? Oh, the horrors!

Location hidden

#94203 Nov 26, 2013
Yekim wrote:
That STILL doesn't explain why he can't work instead of collecting unemployment. I guess those conservative *values* are just for show. Make up something better.
Of course you wouldn't understand, but a non-moron would understand that since the job sites all shut down in the winter, everyone gets laid off (not just the truck drivers, but everyone who works on the job), and there is no work for him to do ... that this explains why he can't do work in the winter, i.e. there is none.

To a moron like you, the fact that there is no work for him to do STILL doesn't explain why he doesn't work.

You might want to lay off the paint fumes, gramps.
Timmy

United States

#94204 Nov 26, 2013
Hey Tonka, you got a prediction for the FSU game this weekend? Think they'll make it to triple digits or take in easy on them poor gators and only put up about 70?
Some Common Sense

Chicago, IL

#94205 Nov 26, 2013
McDonald's is open 12 months out of the year.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94206 Nov 26, 2013
First job out of college, 26 a year

Second job, 32

Third job, 44

My sister, who holds a masters degree, makes even less. Looks like we got into the wrong business! And the wrong location!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94208 Nov 26, 2013
Sigh.

Last year my CA daughter missed Christmas due to the weather. This year my PA daughter just decided not to drive in due to the weather.

PA daughter is near Allentown.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94209 Nov 26, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Hey Tonka, you got a prediction for the FSU game this weekend? Think they'll make it to triple digits or take in easy on them poor gators and only put up about 70?
Isn't USC-UCLA this weekend? I'm thinking that maaaybe Auburn has a shot at Alabama....Rivalry weekend....

Location hidden

#94211 Nov 26, 2013
Perry Mason wrote:
<quoted text>A compelling argument, counselor, and I mean that in a condescending and sarcastic manner. Did you attend law school in prison? As my esteemed colleague here pointed out, McDonalds is always hiring and, as you have pointed out in the past, it is NOT intended for full time work or as a career. Your "bro" is a serial collector of unemployment. He doesn't even try to find work. He takes a handout, every season. This is not *conservative values*. At least not the carp you people demand others follow.
Unemployment doesn't require you to take any job available, and I never said it should, as you claim. So, you flat out lie when you claim I demand that folks forgo unemployment if it is available and take any job available.

Even if unemployment did require this, Mcdonalds isn't going to hire someone for 3 months. No one is going to hire someone for three months.

While you spend thanksgiving alone, try to think of something better and get back to me, loser. This attempt of yours is nothing more than a FAIL, just like your existence.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94213 Nov 26, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Hard to say. Jimbo's friends with Muschump. They co-own a beach house in Panama City. Would he call the dogs off to not humiliate his friend? Hah! He's called the dogs off all season. First unit has barely played a down in the 2nd half. 3rd and 4th stringers put up 31 points in the 2nd half last week. Normally I'd say, "well, that WAS against Idaho", but Florida just lot at home to Georgia Southern.

GEORGIA SOUTHERN.

I'm calling 50's. But 70 would not surprise me.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94214 Nov 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Sigh.
Last year my CA daughter missed Christmas due to the weather. This year my PA daughter just decided not to drive in due to the weather.
PA daughter is near Allentown.
Well, I'm sure with 80k salary they'll be fine!

Oh, to be the 1%!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#94215 Nov 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
This year my PA daughter just decided not to drive in due to the weather.
She wants to spend the holidays with her boyfriend and his family. What did you do wrong?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94216 Nov 26, 2013
Perry Mason wrote:
<quoted text>A compelling argument, counselor, and I mean that in a condescending and sarcastic manner. Did you attend law school in prison? As my esteemed colleague here pointed out, McDonalds is always hiring and, as you have pointed out in the past, it is NOT intended for full time work or as a career. Your "bro" is a serial collector of unemployment. He doesn't even try to find work. He takes a handout, every season. This is not *conservative values*. At least not the carp you people demand others follow.
Of you are hired at McDonald's in any capacity, specially corporate jobs, you put training time in in teh stores behind the counter. That holds true for Chipotle and Oberweis , too, as far as I know.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94217 Nov 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm sure with 80k salary they'll be fine!
Oh, to be the 1%!
$80K slay? She should b so lucky. She's a grad student and doing it on her own nickel, not ours.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94218 Nov 26, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
She wants to spend the holidays with her boyfriend and his family. What did you do wrong?
Woe is me , woe is me, whatever could I have done?

Actually she has an invitation from her boyfriend's family which she is reluctant to accept because she isn't serious about him. The parents like her a lot though, a whole lot.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94219 Nov 26, 2013
Yekim wrote:
<quoted text>Sublime's bro isn't doing anything AND he's got a truck. He'll be right over! You'll have to pay him under the table though...
Right.

First it was Mom's taxi service.

Then it was Mom's car leasing service and ATM.

Now it's supposed to be Mom's long haul trucking?

Watch out UPS.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94221 Nov 26, 2013
A thought wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if the folks who write their employee website then have to spend a day being poor so they can write those handy tips about eating smaller portions and selling gifts to supplement their low pay?
I'll ask.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94222 Nov 27, 2013
Happy vitriol everyone! I can see the spirit of this holiday season is well upon all of you!
Opportunity Knocks

Chicago, IL

#94223 Nov 27, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94224 Nov 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,220,250
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min FastandFurious 187,320
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 37 min Cracker Jack 87
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min TRD 69,700
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Progressive Democrat 52,858
Ask Amy 4-25-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Analog man 5,907
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]