Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#94222 Nov 27, 2013
Happy vitriol everyone! I can see the spirit of this holiday season is well upon all of you!
Opportunity Knocks

United States

#94223 Nov 27, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#94224 Nov 27, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94225 Nov 28, 2013
Thanksgiving Day

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T5M91EFF74...

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TD4S4TAF18...

Abby

Happy Turkey Day all. May all the friends and relatives who are with you be mellow, the turkey juicy and the beverages plentiful.

In the midst of all the the sad and bad and nasty stuff around, take a moment and be thankful for what we do have.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#94226 Nov 28, 2013
Happy turkey day everybody!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#94227 Nov 28, 2013
......Happy Thanksgiving.....What a surprise to see Marian Catholic High School's Marching Band of Chicago Heights, playing in the Macy's Day Parade on NBC.....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#94228 Nov 28, 2013
So many things to be thankful for today - my family, my friends, my freedom, the people who can't be home because they are protecting those freedoms.

I am thankful that I live in a country where we can celebrate our differences, while still recognizing all that we have in common.

I am thankful for friends, near and far, who teach me about love and compassion (even if it's by showing a lack of empathy - they help me to be a better person).

I am thankful for technology that keeps my family and friends close.

I am thankful to Adam Sandler who helps me to teach the boys about two holidays today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends and Happy Hanukkah to all of my friends who celebrate!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#94229 Nov 28, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
78k a year for eight months worth of work??-(after factoring in holidays)- Sweet deal! If you teach in the Chicago school district, that is.
(yes, I've had this and many a discussion with my sister, who is a teacher)
Can't imagine why Illinois is a hundred billion dollars in the hole...
I'm laid off again this week! And don't qualify for unemployment because of holiday pay! Woohoo! I get to eat three days' worth of income!
78K!!
Ha! I probably won't see that as a professor!
It's 2 months in summer, but I guess 3 since we don't get paid the 2 weeks of Christmas and 1 week of spring break.
It has perks, but it's not as cushy as people who aren't teachers always think.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94231 Nov 28, 2013
Final thought before going off o the relatives.

What would happen if you locked Alex Baldwin and Charlie Sheen in a room with a case of booze?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#94232 Nov 28, 2013
At my SIL's fiancé's parents house. So glad I started drinking a couple hours away.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94233 Nov 28, 2013
*ago

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#94234 Nov 28, 2013
I'll admit to being totally out of sync with current pop culture. I have heard mention of people asking "What does the fox say?" and thinking 'WTF are they talking about?'

Well, I finally looked it up. Earworm!
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#94235 Nov 28, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
At my SIL's fiancé's parents house. So glad I started drinking a couple hours away.
Oh god, how did this happen? Have you met them before?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#94236 Nov 28, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Haha! How's it going? I feel like that's a stupid question, actually.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94237 Nov 28, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Final thought before going off o the relatives.
What would happen if you locked Alex Baldwin and Charlie Sheen in a room with a case of booze?
The case of booze would lose.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94238 Nov 29, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94239 Nov 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TV307RI53NLROO8F3#lastPos t
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TA7KI3I66Q...

Amy for 11-28, maybe.

The Amy columns in the papers are the same as yesterday. This one was supposedly posted 11-14 but is different from the one we have here.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#94240 Nov 29, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
They seem like a very wholesome family to spend Thanksgiving with. I bet the dad wore a sweater vest and they went around the table saying what they were thankful for. Then they closed off the night's festivities with a game of charades. Meanwhile, drunk Mattie is sitting in the corner chugging wine.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#94242 Nov 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>Oh god, how did this happen? Have you met them before?
Yeah. The fiancé coincidentally grew up about 15 minutes from where I grew up. We were at my dad's and SIL was over there, so we met up for an hour and a half or so.

They got in a wreck on their way back up to his parent's house on Monday. Car was totaled (was a beater) but they walked away with scratches. Tiny, almost microscopic scratches. My SIL has been milking this accident like nothing else. She's so sooooore, she needs Fiancé to type up a paper for her. But, she can go shopping and bake four kinds of cookies and all her weird vegetarian thanksgiving dishes. Can you guys hear me rolling my eyes at this? Oh, and she's wearing wrist braces. Probably in case somebody forgets she was in an accident.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#94246 Nov 30, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is epic.
What are the odds that "Diane" comes out to defend herself? Do you think she is smart enough to keep quiet?

FWIW I think he would have exponentially increased his support if he had suggested he kiss his posterior rather than nibbling on another part of his anatomy.

Do you wonder what her Thanksgiving dinner was like?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,418,210
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min RACE 9,383
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 min RACE 3,035
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 min RACE 1,933
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min JRB 222,415
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,941
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,421

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages