“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93970 Nov 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Weird, how did I get it in then?
<quoted text>
I guess they knew I was too sweet and sensitive to include it.:)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#93971 Nov 21, 2013
Nevermind, I just saw your answer on the waiting period. But if allowing gay marriage right away would generate money quicker, wouldn't the same be true for cc?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93972 Nov 21, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>I'm 100% Polish and when I married a half Czech and half Croatian his father was upset because the personal property tax assessor was Polish. Both sons married Poles...ha
I'm a mutt, but my MIL latched on to the fact that I'm part Czech and decided that was close enough.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93973 Nov 21, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a little kid who goes around trashing the furniture, kicking the people around and then when reprimanded and hollered at looks around and says "what did I do". That's the level of maturity of a three year old
Topix wouldn't put this through with your comment unless I changed a word
I think they were looking closer at ones that went through around the time they were removing the dog's post again, and Race simply got his in sooner. Or maybe they raised the level of autobot reaction after having to take it down again.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93974 Nov 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Weird, how did I get it in then?
<quoted text>
I guess because they know I'm too sweet and sensitive to use that word...or someone was taking a bathroom break.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93975 Nov 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Okay, finally, now we're getting somewhere. You're okay with a six month waiting period to exercise your right to bear arms. Fine.
Should gay marriage also have a six month waiting period, or should that get pushed through right away?
There's a five-month waiting period before you get your SSI if you qualify.

There is a waiting period for insurance in a lot of cases. Both human and pet -- medical and dental.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93977 Nov 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Nevermind, I just saw your answer on the waiting period. But if allowing gay marriage right away would generate money quicker, wouldn't the same be true for cc?
No. People getting carry permits are not out buying new clothes, booking venues, ordering flowers, cakes, catering for a reception, have relatives and friends coming to town who would rent motel rooms, buy meals while there, or any of the other things that a couple getting married and their families do.
They buy a holster and put their weapon out of sight and go out to do just what they were going to do anyway. The only added income is a holster (if they didn't have one) and the permit fee, which they were going to have to pay for, regardless of whether it takes six days or six months for approval.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93978 Nov 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Okay, finally, now we're getting somewhere. You're okay with a six month waiting period to exercise your right to bear arms. Fine.
Should gay marriage also have a six month waiting period, or should that get pushed through right away?
Dog, I have not looked at it closely, but I think teh press is reporting that the effective date of the Marriage Act amendment is not immediate. I googled it. The measure is effective 30 days after it was signed into law. It was signed November 20.

I haven't gotten married in a long time, but as I recall there is a waiting period between issuance of a license and when the ceremony can tale place. I think it was 48 hours or a week back in the 80's. I think there were changes hen they enacted no fault divorce in 1977. This waiting period affects everyone

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93979 Nov 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>You did not ask that.
You asked about conceal carry.
'I'm all for it' means I support it, so why would I be outraged?
That has absolutely nothing to do with marriage equality, though. What's the matter dog? You know it's inevitable, that you're on the wrong side of history and you need to change the subject? Because it IS going to be legal everywhere in this country, and probably much sooner than you think.
You just can't stand to be wrong? One would think you'd be used to it by now.
Also the second amendment say right to bear arms, it says nothing about bearing CONCEALED arms.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93980 Nov 21, 2013
...and then you have the whole mess about the definition of a "militia"...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#93981 Nov 21, 2013
Someone needs to do a meme of this and replace that little boy who is front and center with Chucky, lol:

http://www.today.com/news/painting-danish-roy...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#93982 Nov 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>No. People getting carry permits are not out buying new clothes, booking venues, ordering flowers, cakes, catering for a reception, have relatives and friends coming to town who would rent motel rooms, buy meals while there, or any of the other things that a couple getting married and their families do.
They buy a holster and put their weapon out of sight and go out to do just what they were going to do anyway. The only added income is a holster (if they didn't have one) and the permit fee, which they were going to have to pay for, regardless of whether it takes six days or six months for approval.
They also have to get a certain amount of training hours in, so that will create some jobs for the trainers/training facilities, but not nearly as much as the wedding industry.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93983 Nov 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They also have to get a certain amount of training hours in, so that will create some jobs for the trainers/training facilities, but not nearly as much as the wedding industry.
I'd be fine with EVERYONE who wants to buy a gun being required to have official training and pass a course. It is required for driver's licenses, why not guns?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93984 Nov 21, 2013
Both Squishy and I believe that gun safety should be taught in school.
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text> I'd be fine with EVERYONE who wants to buy a gun being required to have official training and pass a course. It is required for driver's licenses, why not guns?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93985 Nov 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog, I have not looked at it closely, but I think teh press is reporting that the effective date of the Marriage Act amendment is not immediate. I googled it. The measure is effective 30 days after it was signed into law. It was signed November 20.
I haven't gotten married in a long time, but as I recall there is a waiting period between issuance of a license and when the ceremony can tale place. I think it was 48 hours or a week back in the 80's. I think there were changes hen they enacted no fault divorce in 1977. This waiting period affects everyone
on the news they said that a state statute says that any new law goes into effect, I think, 6 months after signed. the pol who pushed this law said he didn't go for an exception cause it was difficult enough to get the marriage act passed. Lots of June weddings will be going on !!!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93986 Nov 21, 2013
also, any couple who was married in another state only has to present their license at the clerk's office and will be registered as already married.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93987 Nov 21, 2013
Curious, how many gay marriages have been performed since passage of the law in other states? I am sure there is some statistical formula for computing such a number.
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of June weddings will be going on !!!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93988 Nov 21, 2013
Geez - they are considering allowing people make cell phone calls on planes. Yay. Now we get to be sandwiched in like sardines with someone's chairs on our knees AND we get to listen to people shouting one-sided converstions. Oh joy...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93989 Nov 21, 2013
Can you hear me now?
Just imagine how pizzed peeps are gonna be when they are told they cant wander around the plane looking for a better signal.
Stina2 wrote:
Geez - they are considering allowing people make cell phone calls on planes. Yay. Now we get to be sandwiched in like sardines with someone's chairs on our knees AND we get to listen to people shouting one-sided converstions. Oh joy...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#93990 Nov 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Curious, how many gay marriages have been performed since passage of the law in other states? I am sure there is some statistical formula for computing such a number.
<quoted text>
There have been about 6500 civil union applications since 2011 in Illinois. There are roughly 13 million people in Illinois. That's .05%

I highly doubt that's gonna generate the vast wedding revenue Squishy is hoping for.

Conversely, about 76% of Illinoisans (or roughly 9 million people) plan on acquiring cc permits. I think that's gonna bring in far more money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Enter 182,298
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,156,637
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,302
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 2 hr L Morales 11
Southern Illinois Supports Police 3 hr Does not matter 1
Holiday Greetings 5 hr Daddy Warbucks 4
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 5 hr Did enuf die 6
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:30 pm PST

ESPN 3:30PM
Bears' Trestman expects to return in 2015
Bleacher Report 4:34 PM
Did Suh Intentionally Step on Rodgers?
Bleacher Report 5:12 PM
Indianapolis Colts Cap Season with Fitting AFC South Sweep
NBC Sports12:50 AM
Colts cap 11-win season with 27-10 win over Titans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:57 AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports