Why would I be outraged?
I'm all for it.
Besides, it doesn't affect me.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93898 Nov 21, 2013
Good morning All!

What holiday tradition from your childhood do you miss the most? Any holiday.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#93899 Nov 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
Why would I be outraged?
I'm all for it.
Besides, it doesn't affect me.
That's not what I asked! I asked if you think it's fair that people need to wait six months for their RIGHT to bear arms?

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93900 Nov 21, 2013
I understand that you dont understand, so little words for you.
I not mean legal, as in law
I mean moral as in right and wrong.
u see now?

A moral right to my sensibilities
A moral line in the sand.

I know good, legality around flag.

Hope that helps!
Timmy wrote:
Another comprehension fail by Race, big surprise. Pay attention now, I was responding to your comment (shown below). You were claiming you had a right of sensability and I responding there is no such right. You further argued a line had to be drawn somewhere and I reminded you that regarding the flag, the Supremne Court has already drawn that line.
RACE wrote:
Disagree, First amendment does not give you the right to yell fire in a theater, a line has to be drawn somewhere. At what point does your desire to be derisive breach my rights of sensibility?
<quoted text>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93901 Nov 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I asked! I asked if you think it's fair that people need to wait six months for their RIGHT to bear arms?
Deflect and misdirect. Typical.

“Where is Tonka?”

#93902 Nov 21, 2013
Dog, your post is a tad harsh, dontcha think?

Didnt you just explain that getting all up in someone's grill is counter productive to their cause?
Now here you are doing the very thing you are berating them about.

You can state your opinion, even vehemently, without taking the cheap shots.

I understand that you dont like them, but nobody else wants to read that trash either. disagree with them here, and then send them a PM if you want to call them names.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93903 Nov 21, 2013
abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T9769BN098...

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUTS8S5TU3...

Amy took forever to post, thought I did it wrong so I did it again. This is the first one.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93904 Nov 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Deflect and misdirect. Typical.
the apples to q-tips comparison…because they are exactly the same thing.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#93905 Nov 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
I'm all for it.
I interpret this to be the affirmative, as in yes, you agree, correct?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#93906 Nov 21, 2013
dahgts wrote:
abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T9769BN098...
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TUTS8S5TU3...
Amy took forever to post, thought I did it wrong so I did it again. This is the first one.
Thanks dahgts!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93907 Nov 21, 2013
Morning! Are we still yellin' about stuff?
George Takei just posted that Amy from the other day about the parent pissed about the gay son, heh.

Hollywood, FL

#93908 Nov 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning All!
I miss decorating the Christmas tree with my parents and grandmother.

Thank you for bringing up a fun topic. I'm sick of the fighting.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#93909 Nov 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning All!
I'd say I miss the tradition of stuffing my face with sweets without thinking of the repercussions, really. That applies to any holiday.

“Where is Tonka?”

#93910 Nov 21, 2013
For my part, I will discontinue further discussion on the rights of misguided americans to willfully antagonize other Americans with deliberate misuse and dishonorable modifications to the American Flag.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93911 Nov 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Deflect and misdirect. Typical.
Can't answer a question so you try to turn it around back on me. I'm neither deflecting nor misdirecting, that is just YOUR attempt at misdirection. She's spewing about something the left believes in. Okay. In the sake of fairness, I'm simply asking her opinion about something the right believes in.

You're only trying to deflect the question because you don't have an answer.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#93912 Nov 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning All!
I don't iss any childhood traditions, maybe taking the black olives and putting one on each finger and eating them that way while my parents and grandparents said "stop that!" What I miss most of all is every single Thanksgiving and Christmas, Christopher asking me if I was going to make cranberry sauce. I don't know why he always asked, guess he wanted to make sure I wan't going to resort to a can or something.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93913 Nov 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Dog, your post is a tad harsh, dontcha think?
Didnt you just explain that getting all up in someone's grill is counter productive to their cause?
Now here you are doing the very thing you are berating them about.
You can state your opinion, even vehemently, without taking the cheap shots.
I understand that you dont like them, but nobody else wants to read that trash either. disagree with them here, and then send them a PM if you want to call them names.
Yeah, that's the point. They can spew hatred by calling people who disagree with them bigots and homophobes, but I can't? I was just dishing it back, yet I'm the one who gets jumped on while moon and Mimi get a pass? How typical.

And learn to skip posts. How many times have we been over that?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93914 Nov 21, 2013
And I'm actually tired of all the fighting, too. I think we can all agree that Mimi and Moon are vile trash filled with hatred, and I'm willing to drop the whole thing.

My favorite holiday tradition was taking a three hundred mile road trip to spend Thanksgiving with the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins.

Grandparents died off, aunts and uncles moved, cousins started their own families.... Now we just do a small and local get together.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#93915 Nov 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning All!
I pretty much do everything that I liked to do as a kid with my kids now, so I don't miss much.

But I do miss going to eat lunch around the huge christmas tree in the Walnut Room at Marshall Field's with my great aunt. The Walnut Room is still there and they sorta serve the same food, but it's Macy's now and my aunt is long gone, so it's just not the same.

I also miss playing with all the christmas tree ornaments without having to worry about actually getting them on the tree. My mom had bunch of figurine-type ornaments, like an elf riding Rudolph, a snow fairy (which she gave me), Raggedy Ann and Andy, and I would play with them while she decorated the tree with what I wasn't playing with. It really seemed magical...

Oh, and the wishbone with my cousin. The wishbone is just not the same when you're an adult.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93916 Nov 21, 2013
I miss being up north and having the whole family together at the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter). And somehow, 80 degree weather and palm trees don't feel like Christmas.

I also miss these Slovak wafers we used to always have with honey on Christmas Eve (I can't spell the name, so I won't try). But last night, a Slovak lady from church invited us over for Christmas Eve dinner and we are going to have it! Yay! First time in probably 20 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Agents of Corruption 1,508,086
Ron Kessler's observations about Presidents etc. 17 min Good info 2
Obama has LEAK under sink. 22 min Undersink Obumbler 34
This doesn't seem fair to me. 25 min Fascists R Star 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Dr Guru 239,284
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 10,491
managers at Steak N Shake sell Passports 13 hr Nuri Harrigan dik... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages