Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

I'll bet just thinking about that makes you stroke yourself, dont it?
Cmone out and join the conversation, Oh, wait, really nothing to say huh? Right, just lurk in your little dark corner masturbating and flinging monkey poo when you can.
Timmy wrote:
You are the one intentionally acting dense. You and Race make a great couple - you think alike on so many things. Are you sure you two are not secretly gay married to each other?
<quoted text>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

"...and you know that, but the truth is, there is a gay rainbow flag minus the stars that is a perfectly acceptable symbol of gay pride. Why not choose that one? Because you want to twist the American flag to your own person views and make something unifying into something that divides."

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
If so, fantastic. At least you're consistent, unlike double standard dog
I know you're trying to bait me but it ain't gonna work. I'm onto your games.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Can you explain to me how it fits within the definition that I outlined? The elephant symbol is not a flag. It's an elephant with with stars and stripes on it. I have never seen one on a flag (but I guess they exist) and if so, I dont believe it rises to the level of desecration, 3 stars is hardly the full 50, and 3 stripes is not the full 13.
If you are going to compare that to Toj or Moon's avatar, I think your are stretching.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So then I assume you, unlike the dog, also find the republican elephant us flag to be an offensive desecration...
If so, fantastic. At least you're consistent, unlike double standard dog

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Then how about you explain the story of that particular flag? If it is not to Replace the American flag, then what does it represent?
Toj wrote:
"...and you know that, but the truth is, there is a gay rainbow flag minus the stars that is a perfectly acceptable symbol of gay pride. Why not choose that one? Because you want to twist the American flag to your own person views and make something unifying into something that divides."
Wrong. Very, very wrong.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Then how about you explain the story of that particular flag? If it is not to Replace the American flag, then what does it represent?
<quoted text>
It was originally popular in the 1970s with the "Rainbow Children" and other similar counter culture groups, but has gained new life as a Gay Rights/Gay Pride flag today. It was originally used by the "Hippy" generation at their Rainbow Gatherings, but the flag, now re-purposed, was used at the Gay Rally in Dallas in 2008, and again in San Francisco during the 2009 Gay Pride Parade.

Scoff at you will about the colors and how you don't care but those are important.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Nice deflection, but you know I meant the one u used for your avatar, not the rainbow flag.

Care to answer my question properly this time?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It was originally popular in the 1970s with the "Rainbow Children" and other similar counter culture groups, but has gained new life as a Gay Rights/Gay Pride flag today. It was originally used by the "Hippy" generation at their Rainbow Gatherings, but the flag, now re-purposed, was used at the Gay Rally in Dallas in 2008, and again in San Francisco during the 2009 Gay Pride Parade.
Scoff at you will about the colors and how you don't care but those are important.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

And I meant Toj previous not current avatar.
I dont believe her current avatar to be offensive in any way. It is simply in the likeness of an American flag, or any of half a dozen different countries for that matter.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Can you explain to me how it fits within the definition that I outlined? The elephant symbol is not a flag. It's an elephant with with stars and stripes on it. I have never seen one on a flag (but I guess they exist) and if so, I dont believe it rises to the level of desecration, 3 stars is hardly the full 50, and 3 stripes is not the full 13.
If you are going to compare that to Toj or Moon's avatar, I think your are stretching.
<quoted text>
That's the fifty shades Tonka doesn't understand. If changing the stripes to rainbow colors is a desecration, than ANY deviation must also be a desecration. That's how his mind operates. There can be no in between.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
your words
"I guess you could say that to me desecration is to take the national symbol of our country and make ANY social/political statement out of it. Whether I support it or not."

Her flag that offended you took a us flag and changed to colors. The flag she posted in turn, took our flag and changed the stars to a repu lican elephant. Not seeong much of a difference.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you're trying to bait me but it ain't gonna work. I'm onto your games.
bait you? Not. O've heard all i need to hear from you. I can only handle so much hypocrisy and inconsistency in one day.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>That's the fifty shades Tonka doesn't understand. If changing the stripes to rainbow colors is a desecration, than ANY deviation must also be a desecration. That's how his mind operates. There can be no in between.
I don't like the flag that has the Republican elephant with three stars in place of the 50 stars. To me, that is even more disrespectful than changing the colors because it implies that the citizens who are not Republican are not represented by the American flag and what is stands for. It is divisive, the opposite of what our flag should be. Very poor taste, IMO.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>your words
"I guess you could say that to me desecration is to take the national symbol of our country and make ANY social/political statement out of it. Whether I support it or not."
Her flag that offended you took a us flag and changed to colors. The flag she posted in turn, took our flag and changed the stars to a repu lican elephant. Not seeong much of a difference.
My little social experiment.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>bait you? Not. O've heard all i need to hear from you. I can only handle so much hypocrisy and inconsistency in one day.
It's not gonna work to call me inconsistent because YOU can't see any in between

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>your words
I agree. It's just a matter of design, art if you will, not meant to insult the US flag Personally I think that flags on clothing is in bad taste but not a desecration.

BTW, awhile back I saw a documentary about building the Suez Canal. Supposedly the Statue of Liberty was originally meant for there. I can't remember why it couldn't be put up so the US was second choice.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
My little social experiment.
I missed your avatar as a rainbow flag, so thanks for providing a link to it.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

As everyone probably has heard, Zimmerman has gotten himself arrested again.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/justice/florida...

thoughts?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

But its not a flag, its simply a design, unless she had a flag avatar that I missed. I only saw the gay one and her current one that says freedom of speech.(which I like)
I am commenting on the republican symbol not a flag, I never saw a flag.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>your words

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Toj wrote:
As everyone probably has heard, Zimmerman has gotten himself arrested again.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/justice/florida...
thoughts?
We're in an era where the media has become judge, jury, and executioner. They've launched a smear campaign against this guy from the beginning. I'm gonna reserve judgment. He'll get his day in court.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>I am so glad you posted this!! I'll be doing some holiday shopping with them. Great!
Also check out www.woot.com

I am pretty sure I posted this site last year. They have daily and weekly specials.$5 shipping for your whole order. Once they are sold out of an item or the deadline has ended, that's it. Every once in a while they'll run hourly specials.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,081,693
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,871
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min TRD 68,040
Amy 7-28 51 min RACE 2
Abby 7-28 1 hr RACE 2
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 3 hr WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 6 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search