“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93770 Nov 18, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they got the colors right...
but isn't this an offensive desecration of the flag? You know, hating america and shoving it in the other half's face ad all that?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93771 Nov 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>but isn't this an offensive desecration of the flag? You know, hating america and shoving it in the other half's face ad all that?
Are you kidding? He probably made it his screen saver.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#93772 Nov 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
but isn't this an offensive desecration of the flag? You know, hating america and shoving it in the other half's face ad all that?
Once again it's all or nothing with you. It's either black or it's white. I will not explain to you what constitutes flag desecration, because I shouldn't have to. I think you are intentionally acting dense.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#93773 Nov 19, 2013
Timmy

Hollywood, FL

#93774 Nov 19, 2013
You are the one intentionally acting dense. You and Race make a great couple - you think alike on so many things. Are you sure you two are not secretly gay married to each other?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again it's all or nothing with you. It's either black or it's white. I will not explain to you what constitutes flag desecration, because I shouldn't have to. I think you are intentionally acting dense.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#93775 Nov 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to need to explain anything. Its quite clear. Id it offends the dog, its desecration. If it offends the dog's adversaries, fluckem. Think as the dog does, anf you love america. Think opposite, and you hate america.

You choose not to explain, becaise it wil only shine a brighter light on your hypocrisy.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93776 Nov 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
You choose not to explain, becaise it wil only shine a brighter light on your hypocrisy.
I choose not to explain because you're asking me to turn fifty shades of gray into a black or white explanation. I refuse to play your little game

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93777 Nov 19, 2013
lady liberty is a national momument, a gift from France... It is NOT the American flag. It does not get the same respect or protection from being desecrated.

I guess you could say that to me desecration is to take the national symbol of our country and make ANY social/political statement out of it. Whether I support it or not. The flag has a very specific purpose and history and to twist either of those to express anything other that patriotism for this country is a desecration.
And yeah that mean both the protesters and the police, which is a perfect example of how the flag unites us even in our differences.

The rules for the flag are specific. You cannot take a flag and make it into a piece of clothing, but you can take a piece of clothing and put a flag on it (just not an actual flag sewn into it). So if you want to wear your gay pride flag shirt, go ahead, just dont run it up your flag pole and call it an America flag, or yourself an American. I probably have 6 different Guy Harvey shirts with some form of the flag on them, This is allowed, and more to the point, they dont make any statement at all except patriotism.

I really dont think anyone needs the definition spelled out for them. If you are using the flag in any manner other than its intended purpose, you are desecrating it. If you run the gay pride flag above the American flag, your desecrating it, If your gay flag is the only flag, and it has the likeness of the American flag (stars and stripes), you are desecrating it.
Pretty simple stuff really.
Mister Tonka wrote:
dog, race...
So exactly what constitutes a desecration of the flag and lady liberty in your book? Any depiction that supports a position you don't share? OR ANY artistic deviation?
Is famed artist Peter Max offensive?
https://www.google.com/search...
Peter Max has painted for six U.S. Presidents and his art is on display in Presidential Libraries and in U.S. Embassies. Max has painted our Lady Liberty annually since America's Bicentennial and in 2000 a collage of his Liberties adorned over 145 million Verizon phone books.

Neda, stay with me!

#93778 Nov 19, 2013
Your here??
Why arent you here!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW.
Still in Florida, go home late tomorrow. Probably will have to go to the radiologyg clinic on Wednesday to get my lung drained again. Just 9 days after the last draining.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#93779 Nov 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
lady liberty is a national momument, a gift from France... It is NOT the American flag. It does not get the same respect or protection from being desecrated.
I guess you could say that to me desecration is to take the national symbol of our country and make ANY social/political statement out of it. Whether I support it or not. The flag has a very specific purpose and history and to twist either of those to express anything other that patriotism for this country is a desecration.
And yeah that mean both the protesters and the police, which is a perfect example of how the flag unites us even in our differences.
The rules for the flag are specific. You cannot take a flag and make it into a piece of clothing, but you can take a piece of clothing and put a flag on it (just not an actual flag sewn into it). So if you want to wear your gay pride flag shirt, go ahead, just dont run it up your flag pole and call it an America flag, or yourself an American. I probably have 6 different Guy Harvey shirts with some form of the flag on them, This is allowed, and more to the point, they dont make any statement at all except patriotism.
I really dont think anyone needs the definition spelled out for them. If you are using the flag in any manner other than its intended purpose, you are desecrating it. If you run the gay pride flag above the American flag, your desecrating it, If your gay flag is the only flag, and it has the likeness of the American flag (stars and stripes), you are desecrating it.
Pretty simple stuff really.
<quoted text>
So then I assume you, unlike the dog, also find the republican elephant us flag to be an offensive desecration...

If so, fantastic. At least you're consistent, unlike double standard dog

Neda, stay with me!

#93780 Nov 19, 2013
Exactly Toj.....THEIR FLAG! Their flag is not OUR flag, and by OUR i mean the American flag. See how devisive that is? Of course not.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't think of anything more American than the pursuit of equality for all people who live in these United States and also Free Speech -- which ties into the LGBT flying their flags.
Your reading comphrension is abysmal. I did indeed spell it out for you, and what I said is the same as what you are saying here.
If its flown, it is the top most flag, and my problem with you avitatar was that the flag depicted was displayed at a representation of the American flag, and that is wrong to do. And you can blather all you want about how its not an american flag, and you know that, but the truth is, there is a gay rainbow flag minus the stars that is a perfectly acceptable symbol of gay pride. Why not choose that one? Because you want to twist the American flag to your own person views and make something unifying into something that divides.

My neighbor does not fly an American Flag, he does Fly an Israeli flag though. Totally acceptable, but I dont like that he does it.

Your trying to put words in my mouth, and you are terrible at it. Why not pick an actual quote of what I did say instead of making stuff up?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, I believe Race is incorrect about having an American Flag on the flag post on top. That's only the case if you have one flag post and you are flying the American Flag and another flag. Otherwise, all those people with different kinds of flags flying in front of their house are descretating the American flag by not having the American flag on top of the flag pole and then their other flag. When flying the American flag it needs to be the prominent one. I again say I did not have the American flag on my Avatar
Nobody cares what the stupid rainbow colors mean, its a made up object with no history. The gay colors were never flown in battle, nobody died serving under it. Its just a warm fuzzy thing with a colorful(pun intended) story wrapped around it.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

I am a firm believer in the freedoms of which our veterans and future soldiers fight for. I am a believer in the American people b/c that includes the soldier and everyone here who do their part. What those colors of the LGBT mean are everything very American.
red: stands for courage;
orange: offers the vision of possibilities;
yellow: represents the challenge that GREEN has kindled;
green: indicates a challenge to co-operators to strive for growth of membership and of understanding of the aims and values of co-operation;
sky blue: suggests far horizons, the need to provide education and help less fortunate people and strive toward global unity.
dark blue: suggests pessimism: a reminder that less fortunate people have needs that may be met through the benefits of cooperation.
violet: is the colour of warmth, beauty, and friendship.
Just sayin'.:)
But go ahead. Perhaps you believe that was more offensive than you or Race saying many vile things to me and others in your posts and anyone that disagrees with you.
Here, Edog. A flag for you. http://www.proworldinc.com/a3314f-republican-...
And I did not say vile things, alls i did was call you a moron and likened you to sam (ok, thats vile).

Neda, stay with me!

#93781 Nov 19, 2013
I'll bet just thinking about that makes you stroke yourself, dont it?
Cmone out and join the conversation, Oh, wait, really nothing to say huh? Right, just lurk in your little dark corner masturbating and flinging monkey poo when you can.
Timmy wrote:
You are the one intentionally acting dense. You and Race make a great couple - you think alike on so many things. Are you sure you two are not secretly gay married to each other?
<quoted text>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93782 Nov 19, 2013
"...and you know that, but the truth is, there is a gay rainbow flag minus the stars that is a perfectly acceptable symbol of gay pride. Why not choose that one? Because you want to twist the American flag to your own person views and make something unifying into something that divides."

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93783 Nov 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I know you're trying to bait me but it ain't gonna work. I'm onto your games.

Neda, stay with me!

#93784 Nov 19, 2013
Can you explain to me how it fits within the definition that I outlined? The elephant symbol is not a flag. It's an elephant with with stars and stripes on it. I have never seen one on a flag (but I guess they exist) and if so, I dont believe it rises to the level of desecration, 3 stars is hardly the full 50, and 3 stripes is not the full 13.
If you are going to compare that to Toj or Moon's avatar, I think your are stretching.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So then I assume you, unlike the dog, also find the republican elephant us flag to be an offensive desecration...

Neda, stay with me!

#93786 Nov 19, 2013
Then how about you explain the story of that particular flag? If it is not to Replace the American flag, then what does it represent?
Toj wrote:
"...and you know that, but the truth is, there is a gay rainbow flag minus the stars that is a perfectly acceptable symbol of gay pride. Why not choose that one? Because you want to twist the American flag to your own person views and make something unifying into something that divides."
Wrong. Very, very wrong.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93787 Nov 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
Then how about you explain the story of that particular flag? If it is not to Replace the American flag, then what does it represent?
<quoted text>
It was originally popular in the 1970s with the "Rainbow Children" and other similar counter culture groups, but has gained new life as a Gay Rights/Gay Pride flag today. It was originally used by the "Hippy" generation at their Rainbow Gatherings, but the flag, now re-purposed, was used at the Gay Rally in Dallas in 2008, and again in San Francisco during the 2009 Gay Pride Parade.

Scoff at you will about the colors and how you don't care but those are important.

Neda, stay with me!

#93788 Nov 19, 2013
Nice deflection, but you know I meant the one u used for your avatar, not the rainbow flag.

Care to answer my question properly this time?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It was originally popular in the 1970s with the "Rainbow Children" and other similar counter culture groups, but has gained new life as a Gay Rights/Gay Pride flag today. It was originally used by the "Hippy" generation at their Rainbow Gatherings, but the flag, now re-purposed, was used at the Gay Rally in Dallas in 2008, and again in San Francisco during the 2009 Gay Pride Parade.
Scoff at you will about the colors and how you don't care but those are important.

Neda, stay with me!

#93789 Nov 19, 2013
And I meant Toj previous not current avatar.
I dont believe her current avatar to be offensive in any way. It is simply in the likeness of an American flag, or any of half a dozen different countries for that matter.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93790 Nov 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
Can you explain to me how it fits within the definition that I outlined? The elephant symbol is not a flag. It's an elephant with with stars and stripes on it. I have never seen one on a flag (but I guess they exist) and if so, I dont believe it rises to the level of desecration, 3 stars is hardly the full 50, and 3 stripes is not the full 13.
If you are going to compare that to Toj or Moon's avatar, I think your are stretching.
<quoted text>
That's the fifty shades Tonka doesn't understand. If changing the stripes to rainbow colors is a desecration, than ANY deviation must also be a desecration. That's how his mind operates. There can be no in between.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min LOL 1,110,848
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min mahz 49,855
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Twisted Nixon 46,707
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 min Jane 1,474
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 1 hr kankakee en 155
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 4 hr Tan 1
Amy 9-18 7 hr edogxxx 35
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••