Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93828 Nov 19, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Edog - that was vile. You want to disagree with people, go ahead. To throw around slurs and hate speech like that is disgusting and ignorant.
They took my post down? Bummer.

Is their constant disregard of our flag and what it stands for, and reposting it after the recent two-day discussion on its offensiveness also disgusting and ignorant?

Yet *I* am the one who gets jumped on and not the two America-hating kun ts. How apropos...
Timmy

United States

#93831 Nov 19, 2013
Are you a FOX NEWS commentator? You sure sound/act like one - looking to take offense where there is none to be taken, proudly showing off your ignorance and bigotry, etc.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They took my post down? Bummer.
Is their constant disregard of our flag and what it stands for, and reposting it after the recent two-day discussion on its offensiveness also disgusting and ignorant?
Yet *I* am the one who gets jumped on and not the two America-hating kun ts. How apropos...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93832 Nov 19, 2013
Dog, the hate and vile words you spout puts you in the same class as that Westboro group.
You are no better then those ignorant idiots. How sad....

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#93833 Nov 19, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Are you a FOX NEWS commentator? You sure sound/act like one - looking to take offense where there is none to be taken, proudly showing off your ignorance and bigotry, etc.
<quoted text>
Yeah, and he has his own personal definition of what constitutes being a patriot or loving one's country.
I've consulted several veterans who are friends or family of mine, and not one sees those images as being wrong or unpatriotic.
He don't like it? Tough. My free speech outranks his hurt feelings.

Location hidden

#93834 Nov 19, 2013
Oh, and if it's turning people off and they're tuning the cause out, how is it that the states are flipping, one by one?
I'm sure if he'd been born in the 1920s he'd have been foaming at the mouth about integration when it came around, too.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93835 Nov 19, 2013
RACE wrote:
Obviously I was using the wrong term.
Whats it called when you create a pagan image of the US flag to tell everyone your something else besides a patriotic American, and then fly that flag in lieu of the real flag as if it was the real flag?

<quoted text>
First amendment? <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93836 Nov 19, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>
He don't like it? Tough. My free speech outranks his hurt feelings.
This. However you need to remember that only the part of the constitution that he personally likes and endorses count. Everything else? No rights for you!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93837 Nov 19, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Edog - that was vile. You want to disagree with people, go ahead. To throw around slurs and hate speech like that is disgusting and ignorant.
But he IS disgusting and ignorant. He's just deliverin the goods.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93838 Nov 19, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
This. However you need to remember that only the part of the constitution that he personally likes and endorses count. Everything else? No rights for you!
Guess I learned that from the liberals...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93839 Nov 19, 2013
Wow, the hatred spewed forth by those who disagree with someone's views.... How welcoming and tolerant of you...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93840 Nov 19, 2013
Bwahaha! Zimmerman is out of jail!

Take that, armchair jurors!
Timmy

United States

#93841 Nov 19, 2013
Just following in your footsteps
edogxxx wrote:
Wow, the hatred spewed forth by those who disagree with someone's views.... How welcoming and tolerant of you...

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93842 Nov 19, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
I've consulted several veterans who are friends or family of mine, and not one sees those images as being wrong or unpatriotic.
Yeah, bullsht. The peanut gallery might be stupid enough to fall for that one, but I'm not. You don't know a single veteran.

You've heard from the only two known veterans on this board and they both find that flag offensive.

Try again, dumhore

Location hidden

#93843 Nov 19, 2013
Just for the record, I know many veterans, including several who are LGBT. They all like the graphics I have used. Exes are vets, too. Don't know about the bad one, but the good one has my back.
I do not give a paper dolly's rat's rear end if someone I don't know, who is not my friend, likes it or not. Be offended. I am happy to see it bothers you, truth be told.

Location hidden

#93844 Nov 19, 2013
Just curious, is there anyone here in my age range (I'm 61) who does NOT know vets? We had Vietnam and the draft. I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone my age who doesn't know several.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#93845 Nov 19, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93846 Nov 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That's been a big story on the news around here lately. I love technology, in general, but it is scary how it brings out the worst in immature, unethical people.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93847 Nov 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
They negotiated the charges. I wonder what all they really found.

Since: Nov 09

Wisconsin

#93848 Nov 19, 2013
Lol, seriously?

Forgive me, but I can't muster up too much concern over a bunch of white cisdudes fretting about the image of the holy American flag always being portrayed in red and white stripes. If that's the biggest affront you face on a daily basis--instead of problems like, you know, facing nationwide discrimination and personal safety violations based on your sexuality--maybe you should count yourself lucky and not let your blood pressure rise too high.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#93849 Nov 19, 2013
Pixx wrote:
Lol, seriously?
Forgive me, but I can't muster up too much concern over a bunch of white cisdudes fretting about the image of the holy American flag always being portrayed in red and white stripes. If that's the biggest affront you face on a daily basis--instead of problems like, you know, facing nationwide discrimination and personal safety violations based on your sexuality--maybe you should count yourself lucky and not let your blood pressure rise too high.
Cisdude?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 233,970
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 min GEORGIA 2,377
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,479,356
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 10 min GEORGIA 3,522
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 40 min Disappointed 455
the view is bold 54 min false nudes 1
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 1 hr Henry 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages