Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Heart wrenching and thought provoking photographs. Warning - some of these are really hard to look at.

http://indulgd.com/26-of-the-most-thought-pro...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

High winds, scary skies but we didn't get any damage. I feel for the people who did. And Washington, IL? Those poor people!

A friend of mine in the south suburbs had her power go out right after the 2 minute warning at the Bears game. Luckily, she had her phone and I gave her a play-by-play. The winds were pretty strong yet so I'm sure something knocked wires down by her.

I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. Grateful that I was okay, but really perturbed at the timing.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Heart wrenching and thought provoking photographs. Warning - some of these are really hard to look at.
Amazing. Thanks for posting that link.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
High winds, scary skies but we didn't get any damage. I feel for the people who did. And Washington, IL? Those poor people!
A friend of mine in the south suburbs had her power go out right after the 2 minute warning at the Bears game. Luckily, she had her phone and I gave her a play-by-play. The winds were pretty strong yet so I'm sure something knocked wires down by her.
I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. Grateful that I was okay, but really perturbed at the timing.
It was really scary down here, I've never seen sheets of rain like that. Didn't lose power but a guy was supposed to recap my chimney. For some reason he didn't show up...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yay race for your giants!
Hope you Chicago folks did okay with today's storms.
Yeah, we're good. Got a lot of rain and it was pretty windy, but no damage around here that I know of. But in the city, they say there's a church steeple that go knocked loose, so a part of Belmont is closed until they get that stabilized. Affects me not.

Honestly, we were more concerned about Nunu's hair getting wet than anything else. She went through much torture (3 1/2 hours worth) to get her hair flat ironed, so there was NO way we were going to let a little rain ruin her hair. She looks adorable, but it's so weird to look at her because the baby I know has curly hair, not long flowing locks that need to flipped out of her face. But as one of the ladies at the salon told her, she earned every flip.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Toj,
I have to be completely honest and tell you I find your avatar totally disrespectful to the flag and all those who died defending it. The rules for an American flag are very specific and the colors tell a story. Putting the stars on a rainbow flag is the same as painting a swastika on it.
And before you dismiss me as picking on you, I have said these very same words to gay people flying those flags in their yard, and after they thought about it, they agreed and took them down, replacing them with a Real Flag and the rainbow flag beneath it.

If you dont believe me, google it. Educate yourself.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. Thanks for posting that link.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Toj,
I have to be completely honest and tell you I find your avatar totally disrespectful to the flag and all those who died defending it. The rules for an American flag are very specific and the colors tell a story. Putting the stars on a rainbow flag is the same as painting a swastika on it.
And before you dismiss me as picking on you, I have said these very same words to gay people flying those flags in their yard, and after they thought about it, they agreed and took them down, replacing them with a Real Flag and the rainbow flag beneath it.
If you dont believe me, google it. Educate yourself.
<quoted text>
Well then I guess the Chicago flag shouldn't be flown, those flags with the cute little animals should not be flown, and many other flags.

It would be one thing if it was the American Flag. It is not.

As for one serving in the military, thank you for your service. Given that I have a uncle who was shot down in WWII was a prisoner of war but thankfully made it home, another relative who service in WWII at Pearl Harbor and may other relatives who served very honorably I take pride in america and it's flag.

I also am very much of a proponent of free speech. and not getting looking to take offense where none is intended.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
The twig like hand got me. It puts a sense of proportion on the issue. Literally

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

A state flag is not the flag of the USA. Quit being an intentional dolt and read up on the flag history and etiquette.

And I know that those gay pride flags are not real American flags.
the American flag is made up of 3 colors and 3 colors only. To portray a flag as an American flag using the stars and rainbow colors is a desecration, ask any vet, gay or straight.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then I guess the Chicago flag shouldn't be flown, those flags with the cute little animals should not be flown, and many other flags.
It would be one thing if it was the American Flag. It is not.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

It's not politics dummy, its facts, you know, the things you like to ignore when they prevent you from being right.
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I'll caution you about getting political in this thread. Some people- and I'm not going to mention you by your race-baiting name, race- get very upset with that!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
A state flag is not the flag of the USA. Quit being an intentional dolt and read up on the flag history and etiquette.
the American flag is made up of 3 colors and 3 colors only. To portray a flag as an American flag using the stars and rainbow colors is a desecration, ask any vet, gay or straight.
<quoted text>
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/vet-whos...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting for one of them to go munch some carpet, just so they can prove to the world that they have greater solidarity than anyone in teh world and are more pro-gay marriage than anyone in teh world, lol.

I support the right of folks who are gay to marry, if they want to, but sheesh, unless you are gay, in which case I understand, I think sporting rainbow flags is taking things a little too far.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't gonna care. Gay supporters have no shame, the more offensive, the better. Like the image of Lady Liberty kissing Blind Justice. I found that as offensive as their desecration of the flag. They would show the statue of Liberty getting analr@ped by Uncle Sam if they thought it would help their cause. Those people are truly sickening.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

The first picture stunned me.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>She isn't gonna care. Gay supporters have no shame, the more offensive, the better. Like the image of Lady Liberty kissing Blind Justice. I found that as offensive as their desecration of the flag. They would show the statue of Liberty getting analr@ped by Uncle Sam if they thought it would help their cause. Those people are truly sickening.
What a horrible thing to say - all of it.

I support I support gay rights. I think it is ridiculous to even have to separate "gay" rights from "human" rights in the United States of America. You know me both on Topix and FB. Would you call me disrespectful or offensive?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

squishymama wrote:
The first picture stunned me.
http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-...
Yesterday I said to my kid, just think of coming out of your basement and seeing nothing in our whole neighborhood. Your whole way of living changed in a few minutes and almost everything you owned ripped away.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
You know me both on Topix and FB. Would you call me disrespectful or offensive?
If you supported desecrating the American flag and national symbols, then yes. But from what I know of you, you don't. So you're okay in my book. Just wish you weren't such a liberal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible thing to say - all of it.
I support I support gay rights. I think it is ridiculous to even have to separate "gay" rights from "human" rights in the United States of America. You know me both on Topix and FB. Would you call me disrespectful or offensive?
I don't agree with edog's post. However, I also don't think it's appropriate to interject national symbols ... symbols that are supposed to unit us ... into a highly divisive political issue.

Can't some things be above politics? Does something that many folks on both sides of the issue find sacred, such as the United States flag, really need to be rainbow? It's something revered in this country. Can't one get the point across that they support gay marriage by just using the standard rainbow flag?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

unitE us

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,085,028
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••