Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>Be safe. Keeping you and all your neighbors in my thoughts.
Thanks. No damage to our house, but a town called Washington near here had a neighborhood destroyed. Minor damage here in town.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Matilda and edog! Stay safe please.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Dog- check in and let me know if you are okay.Its 12:40 and the radar shows a sh*tload of bad stuff by you
1:00 and it just passed by. Ran out to look when the sirens went off, but didn't see anything :(

I and mine are safe, thanks for your concern. Now the sun is coming out! Back to the Bears game!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Matilda Dog and DaHgts girl be safe. Thanks for checking in. Looks nasty out there

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Matilda Dog and DaHgts girl be safe. Thanks for checking in. Looks nasty out there
Thanks. Good here but my son and cousin were by Coal City right near the funnel cloud. Exciting to them.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

I guess a lot of my town is still without power. Driving to the rink should be fun.
Hometown girl

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

script>
listia_username ='Herndondevin';
listia_num_rows = widget/alpha.js" type="text/javascript "></script>
<div id="listia_widget_content " style="display:none; "></div>
www.listia.com
href=" http://www.listia.com/... ; class="listia_widget_more Link">more free stuff on Listia<

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Yay race for your giants!

Hope you Chicago folks did okay with today's storms.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I did So did Aisle Sitter.We are up north. Squishy's area wasn't hit hard

Matilda was near the bad area as was Edog but they are okay Dahgts in in the south suburbs but she came through unscathed- her son had a close call though. Haven't heard from Toj or pde

Are you in FL or are you back yet?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
1:00 and it just passed by. Ran out to look when the sirens went off, but didn't see anything :(
I and mine are safe, thanks for your concern. Now the sun is coming out! Back to the Bears game!
What a great game....but how great are those fans, all wet and in the wind and cold for almost 6 hours....bet alot are calling in sick, today....lol....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

See? The storms were God's punishment for Illinois passing gay marriage

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Heart wrenching and thought provoking photographs. Warning - some of these are really hard to look at.

http://indulgd.com/26-of-the-most-thought-pro...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

High winds, scary skies but we didn't get any damage. I feel for the people who did. And Washington, IL? Those poor people!

A friend of mine in the south suburbs had her power go out right after the 2 minute warning at the Bears game. Luckily, she had her phone and I gave her a play-by-play. The winds were pretty strong yet so I'm sure something knocked wires down by her.

I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. Grateful that I was okay, but really perturbed at the timing.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Heart wrenching and thought provoking photographs. Warning - some of these are really hard to look at.
Amazing. Thanks for posting that link.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
High winds, scary skies but we didn't get any damage. I feel for the people who did. And Washington, IL? Those poor people!
A friend of mine in the south suburbs had her power go out right after the 2 minute warning at the Bears game. Luckily, she had her phone and I gave her a play-by-play. The winds were pretty strong yet so I'm sure something knocked wires down by her.
I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. Grateful that I was okay, but really perturbed at the timing.
It was really scary down here, I've never seen sheets of rain like that. Didn't lose power but a guy was supposed to recap my chimney. For some reason he didn't show up...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yeah, we're good. Got a lot of rain and it was pretty windy, but no damage around here that I know of. But in the city, they say there's a church steeple that go knocked loose, so a part of Belmont is closed until they get that stabilized. Affects me not.

Honestly, we were more concerned about Nunu's hair getting wet than anything else. She went through much torture (3 1/2 hours worth) to get her hair flat ironed, so there was NO way we were going to let a little rain ruin her hair. She looks adorable, but it's so weird to look at her because the baby I know has curly hair, not long flowing locks that need to flipped out of her face. But as one of the ladies at the salon told her, she earned every flip.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Toj,
I have to be completely honest and tell you I find your avatar totally disrespectful to the flag and all those who died defending it. The rules for an American flag are very specific and the colors tell a story. Putting the stars on a rainbow flag is the same as painting a swastika on it.
And before you dismiss me as picking on you, I have said these very same words to gay people flying those flags in their yard, and after they thought about it, they agreed and took them down, replacing them with a Real Flag and the rainbow flag beneath it.

If you dont believe me, google it. Educate yourself.
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. Thanks for posting that link.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Toj,
I have to be completely honest and tell you I find your avatar totally disrespectful to the flag and all those who died defending it. The rules for an American flag are very specific and the colors tell a story. Putting the stars on a rainbow flag is the same as painting a swastika on it.
And before you dismiss me as picking on you, I have said these very same words to gay people flying those flags in their yard, and after they thought about it, they agreed and took them down, replacing them with a Real Flag and the rainbow flag beneath it.
If you dont believe me, google it. Educate yourself.
<quoted text>
Well then I guess the Chicago flag shouldn't be flown, those flags with the cute little animals should not be flown, and many other flags.

It would be one thing if it was the American Flag. It is not.

As for one serving in the military, thank you for your service. Given that I have a uncle who was shot down in WWII was a prisoner of war but thankfully made it home, another relative who service in WWII at Pearl Harbor and may other relatives who served very honorably I take pride in america and it's flag.

I also am very much of a proponent of free speech. and not getting looking to take offense where none is intended.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
The twig like hand got me. It puts a sense of proportion on the issue. Literally

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••