“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#93643 Nov 15, 2013

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93644 Nov 15, 2013
That's twice now she's made that mistake. I think Mimi just doesn't know how many states there are.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93645 Nov 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>math is not your strong suit. Didn't edogg already jump on you once for misreporting that %?
15 out of 50 is 30%
Ok guys…..I suck at math. Got it! Sheesh…. ;-)

Also, it was late, not sure what numbers I was calculating, I'd had a 15 hour day. Dudes…

Interestingly enough this is a really easy equation. I mean really simple: smaller number/larger number = percentage. Voila. I almost always get it right. IDK why I get it wrong HERE.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93646 Nov 15, 2013
Hey stranger! You new around here?
Pixx wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me sad that we're still only "almost half" in the year 2013, but at least we're getting closer! Take the small victories where you can--go Hawaii!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93647 Nov 15, 2013
Kids are so much smarter than adults give them credit for.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93648 Nov 15, 2013
It's Friday morning. Moon, Pixx (Hi Pixx!) and Mimi all have the same avatar. Even with coffee I am confused.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93649 Nov 15, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok guys…..I suck at math. Got it! Sheesh…. ;-)
Also, it was late, not sure what numbers I was calculating, I'd had a 15 hour day. Dudes…
Interestingly enough this is a really easy equation. I mean really simple: smaller number/larger number = percentage. Voila. I almost always get it right. IDK why I get it wrong HERE.
Well, in your defense, if you only count the lower 48, then disregard Florida, and Missouri, then count Illinois twice, then yeah, that's pretty close to half.

West Palm Beach, FL

#93650 Nov 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in your defense, if you only count the lower 48, then disregard Florida, and Missouri, then count Illinois twice, then yeah, that's pretty close to half.
Okay, this got a legitimate LOL.

Which I needed, after finding out this morning that a co-worker's husband passed away suddenly last night. The co-worker isn't someone I'm close to, but I see her every day. Bad news, please stop....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#93651 Nov 15, 2013
I was thinking we need to remember to Puerto Rico and Guam! That would really through Mimi for a loop.
:D

Evanston IL

#93652 Nov 15, 2013
Ugh, that should be throw Mimi for a loop. Got a lot going on this morning...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93653 Nov 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
It's Friday morning. Moon, Pixx (Hi Pixx!) and Mimi all have the same avatar. Even with coffee I am confused.
Right? Had to join in. I just changed mine. It's not quite the same but in the same vein. Let me know when it shows up if you wouldn't mind.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93654 Nov 15, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I needed, after finding out this morning that a co-worker's husband passed away suddenly last night. The co-worker isn't someone I'm close to, but I see her every day. Bad news, please stop....
That's scary.

Evanston IL

#93655 Nov 15, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we just found out this morning someone here died; he was ill but not many people knew it so it was a little shocking (I did, but I'm in HR). He was an IT guy, so he had contact with lots of folks though most of us didn't know him very well (including me).

Makes one count one's blessings...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93656 Nov 15, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, this got a legitimate LOL.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Will say a prayer for your coworker and her family.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93657 Nov 15, 2013
Weekend plans?
Got a buddy coming down from NY, have not seen him in years, but a very good friend. So will probably spend the weekend trying to keep a hang over at bay by drinking. Monday is going to be a very tough day.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#93658 Nov 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Right? Had to join in. I just changed mine. It's not quite the same but in the same vein. Let me know when it shows up if you wouldn't mind.
10:30 a.m.. Not yet ( your last post was about 45 minutes ago.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#93659 Nov 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
Weekend plans?
Got a buddy coming down from NY, have not seen him in years, but a very good friend. So will probably spend the weekend trying to keep a hang over at bay by drinking. Monday is going to be a very tough day.
It is going to be in the 60's over the weekend. I will be doing outside house work.Inside house work, too as both girls will be home for Thanksgiving

Saturday I am meeting some people to try out a Yemeni restaurant which sounds interesting

West Palm Beach, FL

#93660 Nov 15, 2013
Weekend plans: it's date night tonight!

I have several errands to run over the weekend, including taking my bike to the bike shop for tires and a general tune-up. With the bridge being out of commission and traffic sucking a fat one, I'm going to start biking to and from work.

Evanston IL

#93661 Nov 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
Weekend plans?
Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!

And in between the cleaning, the girls and I are getting our hairs cut on Saturday. I'm really excited because it has been almost a year since my last haircut. But then we're also going to have to deal with Nunu's hair, which due to a lack of attention to it on our parts over the summer has started to dread (she's started looking a little too much like Sideshow Bob, imo). She does not want dreads, so Miss Sandy will have a nice challenge cutting as much of them out as she can while still leaving Nunu with relatively long hair. Lulu's hair will be easy, so it will make up for Nunu's, I hope. Must remember to get cash for a big tip...

And then more cleaning on Sunday, with a Nutcracker on Ice rehearsal thrown in for good measure.
Mimi

United States

#93662 Nov 15, 2013
squishymama wrote:
I was thinking we need to remember to Puerto Rico and Guam! That would really through Mimi for a loop.
:D
Also the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Maruana Islands....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 25 min andet1987 4,709
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min RoxLo 1,109,030
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,465
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,959
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,347
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 2 hr SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 46,575
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••