Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for yourself. I don't have angry days. I have things that make me angry, but it does not affect how i conduct myself with people that have nothing do do with it.

Do your angry days coincide with the use of feminine hygeine products?
That's because Tonka is only your alias and I know that your real name is Mr. Spock.

Often my psycho days fall on days when my hormones are out of whack. That's not a coincidence. Maybe I should try to post here on those days, instead of just crying over my iPhone ;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just plain dumb.
Splain.

How is it dumb to confine your anger to the source of your anger?

To me its dumb to be pissed off at your boss so you come home and kick the dog. To get cut off in traffic and come home to yell at the wife and kids.

That's not normal acceptable behavior in my book

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Let's see, what can I get in before I have to go into a training session...

cheluzal can be harsh, I try not to take it personally.

daghts is too old to use "feminine products", Tonka. And even if she wasn't, it's kinda dirty pool to use that as an explanation of why she might be angry. Maybe she has sciatica...

I'm a liberal and I think edog is doing a nice thing for his ex-step-dad. He may act like an azz most times, but the dog has a good heart. So pfft to you Sublime.

I think that's it! Carry on.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Team Squish!^^^

J would do the same for his step dad, even though stepdad's been a massive tool in the past. I get it. Plus, yanno, I'm keenly aware that advising Edog about houseguests is very much the pot calling the kettle black. ;-D

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Let's see, what can I get in before I have to go into a training session...
cheluzal can be harsh, I try not to take it personally.
daghts is too old to use "feminine products", Tonka. And even if she wasn't, it's kinda dirty pool to use that as an explanation of why she might be angry. Maybe she has sciatica...
I'm a liberal and I think edog is doing a nice thing for his ex-step-dad. He may act like an azz most times, but the dog has a good heart. So pfft to you Sublime.
I think that's it! Carry on.
I like it.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Splain.

To me its dumb to be pissed off at your boss so you come home and kick the dog. To get cut off in traffic and come home to yell at the wife and kids.

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'll reply anyway. You sound very good at compartmentalizing. If I am upset about one thing in my life, I will try my best not to take it out on others, but I may be more distracted or have a shorter fuse than if everything was going swimmingly that day. I may overreact to something that I would normally not think twice about brushing off. I will also admit to myself that I need to find a way to work through those emotions, though, whether that be going for a walk, getting a good night sleep, or just admitting to people that I'm having a bad day.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Abby won't post. No big loss. It is a single letter extolling the virtues of writing thank you notes and pitching her book on how to do so..
No doubt she and the inters are all down with the flu
It works fine on my pc, but not on my tablet. Thank you notes have been worked over a lot here anyhow.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Splain.
What was dumb was your last comment. In the first place if you'd been paying attention all this time you'd know. In the second place it just shows your lack of comprehension about generalizing.

I'll refine my statement. Most have a day we are angry about something sometimes. And I never said anything about taking anger out on the dog or kids.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

squishymama wrote:
What? you let the secret out that I'm in my 80's?:) No sciatia, just the usual aches and pains, and a house to clean (which is probably the most annoying right now).
Wiseguy

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Anger...is one letter away from danger. Remember that.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

What perfect timing! One of my FB friends just shared this. http://tinybuddha.com/blog/greatest-lesson-we...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Eh- I've met Dahgts IRL and seen her get into poses that would do fine in a yoga class, and not "downwith dog", either.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Went to a local place for lunch alone and I'm seated by a nice but loud-ish group of senior citizens. Happy loud, you know? Got me thinking about my grandparents. Then I looked up my grandma's obit. I had NO IDEA she died on her oldest son's birthday. How did that not get mentioned? He wasn't at the funeral for travel reasons, but still.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Eh- I've met Dahgts IRL and seen her get into poses that would do fine in a yoga class, and not "downwith dog", either.
Thanks....well, down with Clooney maybe. His father is hot.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what this thread is for - to vent and find support, while you talk about random everyday stuff. No reason to be an ass. Unless you have taken the time to read through all the posts on this thread, you know nothing about cheluzal. Not that she would ever use what has happened over the past few years as an excuse, but she is entitled to have some really bad or angry days and she deserves a safe place to spout off as much as anyone else.
Not that she needs me to stick up for her, but I'll do it anyway ;)
Thank you, friend.
Dang-the vitriol from people I don't even know is rancid.
Anyone who knows me (the real regs) knows I am all bark and no bite.
I would never hurt someone; I don't even yell.
BUT my reality is minea nd I'm just annoyed unnaturally lately. It's subsiding. Nothing diss or students; just general.
Doing mucho better.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your diss or your students? Both? Other stuff? Combination of crap?
Thanksgiving weekend and winter break are all just around the corner. Try going to the beach….without papers to write or correct…..for the day and just hang out with the ocean. Doing that does amazing things when I'm in that kind of mood.
Thank you, friend.
Doing better--thought I could vent without reprisal; huge wake-up call of WRONG!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

RACE wrote:
cunzel would do well to refrain from calling others doushebags herself. Glass houses and all that.
<quoted text>
Dumb cliche.
And I have been called many things (worse by better) but douche has never been one of them.
The B word--have at it.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

RACE wrote:
Dont get me wrong though. I am glad that she is back and posting, and kinda reaching out, but I think she needs to accept that playing nice is a two way street. Nobody is above reproach or being called on the carpet.
(Well except me of course... and Mimi)
<quoted text>
I'm usually nice. I don't attack for no reason.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your angry days coincide with the use of feminine hygeine products?
LOL, that might be it!
I stopped my pills since I missed them and don't use them for birth control, so I thought I'd wait for the next month....3 months later I finally get another period.
Maybe I had this 3-month built-up steroidish PMS going, lol.

Truly appreciate regs who can let me vent.
I shouldn't have called names, but when I'm attacked, I get defensive and will most certainly scratch back.

Maybe I will go back to ignoring most of you, LOL!
Expert

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, friend.
Dang-the vitriol from people I don't even know is rancid.
Anyone who knows me (the real regs) knows I am all bark and no bite.
I would never hurt someone; I don't even yell.
BUT my reality is minea nd I'm just annoyed unnaturally lately. It's subsiding. Nothing diss or students; just general.
Doing mucho better.
Don't sweat it! If someone here didn't totally lose their sh!t over nothing, it wouldn't be the regs. I was actually kinda proud of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,101 - 92,120 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Stuart Cudahy 45,762
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min truth 48,840
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 12 min hands on AR 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min wojar 174,459
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min Frijoles 68,359
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min WAKE UP DEM VOTERS 1,078,385
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,861
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search