“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93514 Nov 13, 2013
See how everything works out? Bad housemates leave, good house mate moves in. Bet he wont bogat all the dope and beer.
Count yourself lucky
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Guys, it's not that simple. One, he's getting out of the hospital tomorrow, and he had to miss his brother's funeral because of it. The stress of everything was just too hard on his ticker.
He's been a part of the family for 12 years. He did a lot to help my brother, he's done a lot to help me. If he needs to crash at my place for a few days, I'm not gonna say no.
And I just told my mother and she's fine with it. But admitted she won't be over to visit.
And if my current life was a TV show, it would NOT be a sit-com. It would be a drama show. Maybe with some ex-rated stuff thrown in for good measure.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93515 Nov 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>.."i am about to snap and hurt someone"....is not an acceptable threat, in any society, anywhere......
I really doubt she means it literally. We all say stuff like that when we are stressed out. I wouldn't consider it a real threat. Andů. if she did it would be all over the news. She's way too private a person to let that happen.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93516 Nov 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what this thread is for - to vent and find support, while you talk about random everyday stuff. No reason to be an ass. Unless you have taken the time to read through all the posts on this thread, you know nothing about cheluzal. Not that she would ever use what has happened over the past few years as an excuse, but she is entitled to have some really bad or angry days and she deserves a safe place to spout off as much as anyone else.
Not that she needs me to stick up for her, but I'll do it anyway ;)
We all have really bad or angry days and I understand hers. Some of us keep our reasons to ourselves, which is our choice. Still no excuse for some to get quite vile over minor comments that are not loaded with name-calling.

I may get a little sarcastic or snarky or argue my views but I don't think I drop down to that level of personal attack.

Also, when was the rule of demanding to be ignored initiated? If one wants to be ignored then one shouldn't post.

#93517 Nov 13, 2013
cunzel would do well to refrain from calling others doushebags herself. Glass houses and all that.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what this thread is for - to vent and find support, while you talk about random everyday stuff. No reason to be an ass. Unless you have taken the time to read through all the posts on this thread, you know nothing about cheluzal. Not that she would ever use what has happened over the past few years as an excuse, but she is entitled to have some really bad or angry days and she deserves a safe place to spout off as much as anyone else.

#93518 Nov 13, 2013
Dont get me wrong though. I am glad that she is back and posting, and kinda reaching out, but I think she needs to accept that playing nice is a two way street. Nobody is above reproach or being called on the carpet.
(Well except me of course... and Mimi)
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93519 Nov 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha :) I went to an acupuncturist today to try to get rid of my migraines. Hope this works!
My friend gets acupuncture for migraines and says it works wonders! I knwo a few people that get the cupping, too. I haven't tried acupuncture myself, though.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93520 Nov 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Dont get me wrong though. I am glad that she is back and posting, and kinda reaching out, but I think she needs to accept that playing nice is a two way street. Nobody is above reproach or being called on the carpet.
(Well except me of course... and Mimi)
Calling people out for being rude is one thing. Basically telling them to go away because no one wants to listen to them when they need a shoulder or support is another.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#93521 Nov 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
and Mimi)
<quoted text>
Naturally.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#93522 Nov 13, 2013
This looks like the start of an interesting discussion. I'm *almost* sad that I will have to miss most of it.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#93523 Nov 13, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>We all have really bad or angry days and I understand hers. Some of us keep our reasons to ourselves, which is our choice. Still no excuse for some to get quite vile over minor comments that are not loaded with name-calling.

I may get a little sarcastic or snarky or argue my views but I don't think I drop down to that level of personal attack.

Also, when was the rule of demanding to be ignored initiated? If one wants to be ignored then one shouldn't post.
Which is why I didn't reply to your post. I know that some people just rub each other the wrong way and bring out the worst in each other. I don't usually call people names, even on Topix (I'm pretty much the same person on here that I am IRL, which is why I have so many Topix friends that are now FB friends), but that's just me. I try not to get in between people's feuds on here.

No matter how much I dislike someone though, the minute they type a separate post that calls out for help, a shoulder to lean on, or a non-judgmental ear, the last response I would give is snark or dismissiveness. Over the past few years, I think all of the Regs have come here for support at one time or another.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93524 Nov 13, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have really bad or angry days
Speak for yourself. I don't have angry days. I have things that make me angry, but it does not affect how i conduct myself with people that have nothing do do with it.

Do your angry days coincide with the use of feminine hygeine products?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#93525 Nov 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>.."i am about to snap and hurt someone"....is not an acceptable threat, in any society, anywhere......
Get off your high horse, jerkface.

You make me so mad I could punch a baby

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93526 Nov 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why I didn't reply to your post. I know that some people just rub each other the wrong way and bring out the worst in each other. I don't usually call people names, even on Topix (I'm pretty much the same person on here that I am IRL, which is why I have so many Topix friends that are now FB friends), but that's just me. I try not to get in between people's feuds on here.
No matter how much I dislike someone though, the minute they type a separate post that calls out for help, a shoulder to lean on, or a non-judgmental ear, the last response I would give is snark or dismissiveness. Over the past few years, I think all of the Regs have come here for support at one time or another.
I must have missed the cry for help. I only saw the antagonistic bitchy ones.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93527 Nov 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for yourself. I don't have angry days. I have things that make me angry, but it does not affect how i conduct myself with people that have nothing do do with it.
Then our resident realist chimes in....

:D Love you Tonk.

That last sentence of yours, IRL -- to a woman, can get you maimed. Horribly.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#93528 Nov 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Guys, it's not that simple. One, he's getting out of the hospital tomorrow, and he had to miss his brother's funeral because of it. The stress of everything was just too hard on his ticker.
He's been a part of the family for 12 years. He did a lot to help my brother, he's done a lot to help me. If he needs to crash at my place for a few days, I'm not gonna say no.
And I just told my mother and she's fine with it. But admitted she won't be over to visit.
And if my current life was a TV show, it would NOT be a sit-com. It would be a drama show. Maybe with some ex-rated stuff thrown in for good measure.
I find it ironic that the liberally inclined on here have no problem buying adults who are complete strangers healthcare and providing them with all sorts of handouts, as if they are children who must be cared for by their surrogate mommy and daddy (taxpayers), but act incredulous at the notion of allowing someone who is close to you and your family and suffering hard times to shack up with ya for awhile.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93529 Nov 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for yourself. I don't have angry days. I have things that make me angry, but it does not affect how i conduct myself with people that have nothing do do with it.
That's just plain dumb.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93530 Nov 13, 2013
Okay -- now that we've traded barbs, time to get into what's really important.

Please click on this link. Perspective and all that:

http://sf.wish.org/wishes/wish-stories/i-wish...

I think Scarlet posted it a bit ago. I'm eagerly waiting for Friday.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93531 Nov 13, 2013
Abby won't post. No big loss. It is a single letter extolling the virtues of writing thank you notes and pitching her book on how to do so..

No doubt she and the inters are all down with the flu

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#93532 Nov 13, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it ironic that the liberally inclined on here have no problem buying adults who are complete strangers healthcare and providing them with all sorts of handouts, as if they are children who must be cared for by their surrogate mommy and daddy (taxpayers), but act incredulous at the notion of allowing someone who is close to you and your family and suffering hard times to shack up with ya for awhile.
Liberals wrote the book on irony.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#93533 Nov 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:

That's because Tonka is only your alias and I know that your real name is Mr. Spock.

Often my psycho days fall on days when my hormones are out of whack. That's not a coincidence. Maybe I should try to post here on those days, instead of just crying over my iPhone ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Brian_G 51,876
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min LOL 1,206,801
Ask Amy 3-29-15 2 hr Kuuipo 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr JRB 185,890
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr litesong 52,331
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,312
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,150
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]