Topix Chitown Regulars
A thought

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93390 Nov 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Website with some really cool fun facts to pass the time. http://wtffunfact.com
For the record, this thread was set up to talk about anything and everything but politics. There are so many political threads on Topix that those of you who insist on discussing it here suck. I miss my regs friends who have been turned off by your crap.
I don't think it was politics that caused folks to leave.... Sublime is still friends with Angelique770 and can ask him to come back and enforce the old rules. Just a thought....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#93391 Nov 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Increased terrorism? Did 3,000 Americans die on our soil under Obama?
There have been more terror attacks and attempted attacks under Obama. And this was after his world apology tour.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93392 Nov 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been more terror attacks and attempted attacks under Obama. And this was after his world apology tour.
Prove it. Back it up.
Some Common Sense

United States

#93393 Nov 11, 2013
During the George W. Bush administration, the federal government spending was increased from $1789 billion to $2983 billion (70%) but the revenues were only increased from $2025 billion to $2524 billion (25%). Individual income tax revenues were increased by 14%, corporate tax revenues by 50%, customs and duties by 40%. Discretionary defense spending was increased by 107%, discretionary domestic spending by 62%, Medicare spending by 131%, social security by 51%, and income security spending by 130%. Cyclically adjusted, revenues rose by 35% and spending by 65%.

The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate rose from 4.3% in January 2001, peaking at 6.3% in June 2003 and reaching a trough of 4.4% in March 2007. After an economic slowdown, the rate rose again to 6.1% in August 2008 and up to 7.2% in December 2008. From December 2007 when the recession started to December 2008, an additional 3.6 million people became unemployed.

George Bush's presidency ended in January 2009.
Some Common Sense

United States

#93394 Nov 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the anthrax attacks, which killed five people? There were the D.C. Sniper attacks, which, by themselves, give Bush a tally of 15 attacks, but which the right will doubtless count against Obama, for some reason. Weren’t those guys black? There was the 2002 attack on the El-Al ticket counter, which killed 2. There was the terrorist SUV attack in 2006, which injured nine, and the 2007 Salt Lake City shooting that killed five people, and wounded four. If you use Lindsey Graham’s rules, that puts George W. Bush at 31 attacks, not counting 9/11, and under Cotton’s rules, 20, to President Obama’s five. That’s not including non-”Jihadi” attacks like attacks on abortion clinics, of which there were seven on Bush’s watch.
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93395 Nov 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you counting domestic terror attacks like Newton, Aurora, the Navy Yard and others?

The "World Apology Tour"? Did you get a t-shirt?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93396 Nov 11, 2013
Wow. All hell broke loose, huh?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#93397 Nov 11, 2013
A thought wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think it was politics that caused folks to leave.... Sublime is still friends with Angelique770 and can ask him to come back and enforce the old rules. Just a thought....
Translation: The average male thinks of sex once every 6 seconds. I, Ferrerman, think about Angelique once every 6 seconds.

The line, "how can a loser ever win?" is so apropos.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93398 Nov 11, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Are you counting domestic terror attacks like Newton, Aurora, the Navy Yard and others?
The "World Apology Tour"? Did you get a t-shirt?
Yes to both

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93399 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he does. He will implode when Hillary is the next President.
Bush was so great that he was nonexistent at the last two conventions. Instead there was Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.
Hmmm, what will an imploded Dog look like?

Think he might channel a liberal eventually?

Ang- you that strong, could you pull that off?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#93400 Nov 11, 2013
I have been trying to get a handle on spending too much time on the I-net and have been running a timer. God, ths place eats up my day.

Any suggestions for mastering the beast?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93401 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I have been trying to get a handle on spending too much time on the I-net and have been running a timer. God, ths place eats up my day.
Have you tried a white flag?
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93402 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
WHOA! Dirty talk is NSFW!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#93403 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Topix or the internet in general?

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#93404 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I'd say that as long as you're getting to the rest of the styff yoy want to get to, you're not showing addictive behaviours toward it, and some of your net usage is "educational," don't worry too much. I haven't gotten to any of those little home improvement projects i thouht i would by now, but things aren't any worse around here, either...

<so says the girl who's watching a COPS marathon today...>

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93405 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, what will an imploded Dog look like?
Think he might channel a liberal eventually?
Ang- you that strong, could you pull that off?
It sure won't be a pretty sight... I think he's a closet liberal and is just funnin us. Attention xxxxx, you know what, i got called out for using his favorite word.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93406 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The hate will continue, but change direction from color to gender and age. A sad prediction but the haters will akways find targets because of their own shortcomings.
I've alway's thought media like Fox and MSNBC both, do everyone a disservice by making everything a, us versus them scenario.....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93407 Nov 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Don't worry about that. Think of it as brain training.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93408 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about that. Think of it as brain training.
Luminosity light?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#93409 Nov 11, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix or the internet in general?
Both unfortunately, but some of the I-net I can't escape and that makes reigning in the other stuff harder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 219,542
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min carmino seranni 1,404,641
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min Ize Found 70,835
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 6,559
News Chicago police union asks cops to not volunteer... 1 hr Chicago boy 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,251
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2,273

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages